1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make over $100/day? Questions...

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by ethanwa, Jun 12, 2006.

Hi, currently I make about $40-$70/day, or roughly $1200-$2000/month off of just ONE site. That is pretty damn good in most people's eyes. So my questions are really aimed at the people who are even beyond that.

How can I reach that $3000+/month mark? I've noticed that my traffic has stalled a bit and I'm curious if I should start a few more sites now to reach that mark. This has been done with NO advertising or link buying. Should I venture into that area advertising are as well? My fear is that I'll be paying more money out than I am getting in return from the clicks on my ads.

What's the secret to just breaking through the roof? My goal over the next five years is to reach $15k/month so I can quit my job and work from home. Is having more than one site a must-have to do this?

Ethan

ethanwa, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  2. Canadianbacon

Canadianbacon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    content and page views....bottom line

Canadianbacon, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  3. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kind of rude don't you think? How do you know what people make here?

m0rtal, Jun 12, 2006 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  4. ethanwa

ethanwa Peon

Best Answers:
    Edited. Sorry about that, I didn't mean to be rude.

ethanwa, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  5. wishmaster22

wishmaster22 Banned

Best Answers:
    Whats the secret to making 40-70 dollars a day without paying for ads?

I'll take that! :)

wishmaster22, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  6. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    Its not a must have. But its ideal.
    What if something happened to your one site, and all revenue stopped? You'd be left with nothing.

You obviously know the formula to earning what you're already earning, if you could duplicate that you'd double your income.. simple.

Could you duplicate what you're doing with another site?

forumbulge, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  7. webviz

webviz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, get more traffic and try to get on top of search engines. Any major website on this globe has most of its traffic come in from search engines.

EDIT:

Also, if you are making this much money already, then you would not be here asking for a secret. You would already figure this 'secret' out or you may be doing it already. :)

webviz, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  8. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Why just not start another site from scratch using the same technique, you'll double your income and you'll make sure you have something else incase one site don't work anymore.

tomzx, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  9. anurag_online

anurag_online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well doing SEO helps i know but i dont know SEO :cry: anyways mine average is still $2 and will looo forward in this thread if i get more info

anurag_online, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  10. Grokodile

Grokodile Peon

Best Answers:
    As an IT professional, I'd suggest that having all your eggs in one basket is not safe.

What if your provider goes bankrupt and neglects to give you any warning?

What if the section of the net your server is on goes down for some reason?

What if your sources of traffic dry up or a gorilla competitor takes over your users?

If you are starting to make serious money, and I'm not, then you need to protect yourself a bit. I have been bitten by some of these issues from time to time and they are bad enough when it doesn't affect your entire income. Based on my own experiences, these types are things are likely to happen just when you start to rely on your income and have no alternatives.

Grokodile, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  11. charbello

charbello Peon

Best Answers:
    advertise if for each 1 dollars you got return of 4 dollars advertise for 1000 you make 3000 advertise for 10000 you make 30 000
    how did you like that?

charbello, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  12. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes a site will hit its pinnacle and refuse to budge any further, after which it's time to seriously consider using all that you've learned building up this first site on a second or even third site. Remember that your first site didn't get to where it currently is over the course of a few days, so even if you foresee continued growth of your first site, it's always a good idea to start on new sites and slowly build them up over time. The worst thing that can happen is if you run into a problem with your first site (maybe the search engines kill you, for example), you'll have a second and third site already built up over time and ready to pick up the slack. Never be satisfied with one site. If you got one site up and running and successful, imagine how easier the second and third or fourth site will be.

jackburton2006, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  13. Abbadox

Abbadox Active Member

Best Answers:
    All very good points!!

Too much risk to focus on just one site, You already have a formula that works so just copy it and make another site and do it over and over and before you know it you will get to the revenue level you want.

Abbadox, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  14. ethanwa

ethanwa Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replies guys, that's all very good useful info. As for this question... yes and no. I got lucky with my traffic by having a few articles written about my site in PC World and Yahoo News. Ever since then, other sites linked in and the traffic flow has been great ever since. My site has only been around for 8 months. My highest one-day total was when the article came out, and that was in October. I made $2000 in one day (nearly $12k for the month).

Anyway, as you can see, it's going to be a lot harder to get that kind of traffic to my next few sites, as I doubt articles will be written about them. To get even one new site to earn $1000/month is tough. Any advice on getting traffic going to a site QUICKLY (besides paying for it)?

ethanwa, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  15. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Which is why you should start on that second and third site while the first one is still going strong, like now. This will erase the necessity of getting your new sites up and making money in record time. As to "quick" traffic, the only way to get that is to buy it.

jackburton2006, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  16. BNix

BNix Peon

Best Answers:
    $15000 a month ?
    Average Microsoft Employees income is $10000 a month

BNix, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  17. internetguy

internetguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Duplicate your success with other sites. It's a numbers game. The more sites you have, the greater the probability of success.

And fear of failure is the biggest obstacle. You won't know if you don't try.

internetguy, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  18. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    run multiples sites using same techniques :D

letsjoy, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  19. webviz

webviz Peon

Best Answers:
    Running multiple websites can be a pain in the ass and finding someone responsible enough to manage these websites for you wont be easy either. Not to mention how much they would charge you..

webviz, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  20. Jobs.com.sg

Jobs.com.sg Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sure you will grow that one site provided the market is not too small. But to grow to $15K a month, wow I would say it is a pretty tall order for any number of sites.

Jobs.com.sg, Jun 13, 2006 IP