1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trouble with where to place link colour definitions

Discussion in 'CSS' started by pictureboarduk, Nov 30, 2008.

Hi,

I was given a CSS layout from DreamWeaver, but don't have DreamWeaver myself, so am trying to edit my style in Notepad++.

What I am trying to do is change the appearance of links, but despite trying several places and using the class name, it makes no difference at all.

Nothing ever changes.

Here is my CSS:

The code I'm trying to insert is the normal syntax for CSS links, this is it:

As you can see, I tried using the classname for the visited link section, again no difference.

I want the links design to effect everywhere in the page. I've tried placing the code in the body section and the container section. All result in no change.

If anyone can tell me where it should go to work on the entire page and override the browser settings, it will be extremely appreciated.

Many thanks!!!!

pictureboarduk, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  2. belkocrnic

belkocrnic Active Member

Best Answers:
    send me the html file also and i can fix that

belkocrnic, Nov 30, 2008 IP
    pictureboarduk likes this.
  3. Sajoo

Sajoo Guest

Best Answers:
    In this case you dont need to specify any class for links. The correct code for this purpose will be:

Sajoo, Dec 1, 2008 IP
    pictureboarduk likes this.