1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bring Traffic To My Website Without Money?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by webviz, Jun 12, 2006.

Hello everyone,

I've heard that most people bring tons of traffic to their websites without having to spend a penny. Most of them tell me they use SEO. So, I would like to heard several ways how I could do the same. So far, I have heard that submitting your website to many directories and doing some link exchange between similar websites should help me bring my website up on search engines, however, that just seems too simple and I don't think that will always work. So, I would like to hear what else can be done to improve my traffic income. At the moment, most people I've spoken to do not wish to share how they do it, which is stupid because they had to learn it from a public source. Anyhow, I look forward to reading your replys! :)

webviz, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  2. Djohn

Djohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Viral marketing is very effective.
    Come up with something truly unique and place it on your website so people start telling their friends. If you have the skills to pull something like that off yourself, you could get a lot of traffic without spending a dime. But it's very difficult.
    Have a look at digg.com and others like it for inspiration - a lot of that stuff going around there.

Also, the classics: write articles and submit them so others post them with a backlink to your site (fairly longterm), add a link to your site in your signature here on this forum (and elsewhere), comment on peoples blogs (but don't spam) and so on...

Oh, and create a blog if you're up for it. Make sure it pings places like pingomatic.com when you write, and it'll bring in traffic over time.

Djohn, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  3. webviz

webviz Peon

Best Answers:
    Wonderful tips so far -- thanks! Are there any more anyone else would like to post... please? :)

webviz, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  4. cocaine

cocaine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i belive a great way to bring traffics is to get a link from blogs. Everyone can easily put your link to their blog if you ask to exchange link. so go for it

cocaine, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  5. Nikolas

Nikolas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to SEO your site then you must learn SEO yourself.

There is nothing guarenteed in SEO (except the basics that you can read on forums like this) but the true is that you have to find yourself what works for your site.

The best advice for those who want to SEO their sites, is try to think like a search engine manager. What is the purpose of a SE? Have many indexed sites, and display relevant results in the SERPs. How this could be done?

For example a search engine wants to find new sites all the time. That's a reason that directories are crawled very often. So that's something that you can start with(submitting to directories).

SE want relevant results in SERPs. How do they do that? A page that talks about the X topic links to the page Y. It seems that page Y is also relevant to topic X(find relevant links).

And that goes on and on......

Nikolas, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  6. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    An important part of SEO is building new pages with unique content, targetting your keywords and key phrases. Add more pages to your site, focusing on landing pages, and make new pages related to your keywords. This will help improve rankings on search engines.

Basically, your whole goal should be to make your site useful and helpful and expand it, to do better than your competition. This will attract returning visitors also. As long as everything you use is ethical (no doorway pages or cloaking), you are sure to get high rankings soon if your site has been around for some time. For very new sites, it might take a little longer.

rosiee007, Jun 14, 2006 IP
    zokiii likes this.
  7. kirby009

kirby009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do what ever you here and make sure to be patient.:) :)

kirby009, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  8. sandanista

sandanista Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about writing some useful articles, or making a useful tool for your niche and then doing a press release on it.

sandanista, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  9. richardevanslee

richardevanslee Peon

Best Answers:
    Communicating with people in the same niche can have a powerful effect.

Commenting on their blogs - posting in their forums (I don't mean general webmaster forums like DP) - can make others aware of you, respect you and link to you.

One link from a recognized authority is probably worth dozens of directory submissions.

Richard

richardevanslee, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  10. vincentjunior

vincentjunior Member

Best Answers:
    SOME OF WAY'S ARE
    1. Directory submission for home page of website
    2 Article submission for internal pages of website
    3 Blog creation for website and giving linking to various internal pages of site

Try these technique, may help you.

vincentjunior, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  11. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    zexy, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  12. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    social bookmarking and links from updated blogs are very useful.

wokaka, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  13. ramanladhani

ramanladhani Peon

Best Answers:
    Try meetup.com craigslist drectory submission

ramanladhani, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  14. jumong79

jumong79 Banned

Best Answers:
    Try by promoting it... Promotional ads, directories submissions...

jumong79, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  15. agalleryvisit

agalleryvisit Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very simple but I find the better my meta tags are the more traffic I get. Also, the more times your site is hit the better the chances are of it being visible. For example I know of a couple of companies who have all their employees go to the company website every morning and simply open every page. If they have 10 pages and 10 employees this means 100 hits each morning. I don't know how valid this is but I am told by both company they see substantial increase in additional hits. Hope this helps.

agalleryvisit, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  16. articleshop

articleshop Banned

Best Answers:
    1 Simple way to improve your seo is to create a list with about 20 to 30 keywords to target. Whenever you have time, write a keyword optimized article using 1 keyword. When the article is pulished on your site, then submit it to a couple article directories, such as ezinearticles.com.

Always keep a keyword list, when you have nothing else to do it will always help your site!

articleshop, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  17. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think seo can bring you tons of traffic without spending money (if you know the seo)

trichnosis, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  18. Emperior Eric

Emperior Eric Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend getting some friends with larger websites that are willing to help you so you can piggy back off them for a little while to get started. Another way is to get blogs to feature you. And another way is to offer sitewide links for strong single page links.

Emperior Eric, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  19. c0rrupt3d

c0rrupt3d Banned

Best Answers:
    Good job telling him this 2 years later.

c0rrupt3d, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  20. creditedit

creditedit Peon

Best Answers:
    Great info!
    http://www.MyCreditEdit.com

creditedit, Jan 9, 2010 IP