1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Opinions Please

Discussion in 'SEO' started by WebDesignHome, Nov 29, 2008.

Dear All,

Our website http://www.webdesignhome.co.uk has dropped down Googles rankings for the keywords "web design Sheffield" from approx 30 to 114. The site was originally registered around Feb 2008 and re-designed a month or so ago. I suspect that we have been sand boxed by Google.
    Could any one tell us where we need to improve on our SEO?

Thanks

WebDesignHome, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  2. atul kumar

atul kumar Peon

Best Answers:
    hi..i think you have to promote your site with the help of socisl media and link building also.....link baiting is most important to it.....good luck...

atul kumar, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  3. mxyzplk

mxyzplk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    uhmmm what is the last action you do? it happens to me to and im still working and try to find out whats wrong with google.

mxyzplk, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  4. joebloggs

joebloggs Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks to me like your link profile needs some work.

Your competition have a lot more links than you and some of your links have recently been removed. Your PageRank, for what it's worth, is zero, which either means you've been penalised or Google just thinks your backlinks aren't worth very much. I see you have a few links that probably have a low relevancy score.

Your title tag on the home page looks like it's been written for a search engine. I know, I do it all the time :)

joebloggs, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  5. WebDesignHome

WebDesignHome Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that Joebloggs, some interesting points there. I was wondering what software you used to check our backlinks? It would be useful to know what links have been removed so I can try and work out why. I don't think that we have been penalised by Google though because I can't think of any rules we have broken!

WebDesignHome, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  6. robbo90

robbo90 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have spent a while looking for a good tool to check my site's backlinks too but i am yet to find a reliable one.

In response to the actual thread.
    I understand how frustrating this is. I set up my 3 sites around a similar time and have done similar SEO work on them all but specific to their niches. 2 of them are on the first page of google for their chosen keywords yet one of them i cannot get to budge!
    The 3rd site is indexed in google i just can't see where it ranks any more. I haven't done anything wrong and i have treated it the same as my other 2 sites yet they are doing really well.

Maybe you need more links as suggest above. I would also recommend writing an article and linking it to your site (that's the one thing i haven't done with my third site yet).

robbo90, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  7. WebDesignHome

WebDesignHome Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, blogging is something I need to do but have not yet got round to. To me Google can do what it wants really and all we can do is second guess it.

I am in the process of swapping some links (I hope) with similar sites which should hopefully help things along. Fingers crossed as I have a long way to climb up the ranks!!:eek:

WebDesignHome, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  8. miskandar06

miskandar06 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I see your site is not in Google's Sand Box, just have PR0 but not sandboxed.
    If your site is sandboxed, the PageRank indicator is gray, looks like disable.

About getting traffic, you can read my post titled ways to get traffic.

Finally you can use a tool like Backlink Watch (backlinkwatch.com) to see who
    is linking to your site, or to your competitors.

Good luck and never give up ! :)

miskandar06, Dec 4, 2008 IP