1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where a beginner should start for web design?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by noutankies, Nov 29, 2008.

what is the basic help need for a beginner to design a web?

noutankies, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  2. kferguson

kferguson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. take up a course
    2. read tutorials
    3. see good designs like cssmania.com, cssremix.com, csselite.com
    4. practice, practice and practice

kferguson, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  3. markupdude

markupdude Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to start coding websites, then as i did, start reading HTML & CSS from w3schools.com

Its very easy to learn from that website. Once you finish beginner chapters there you can make basic websites, and next you google for more advanced/specific web design tutorials.

But if you want to design [as in graphic design] websites, then your best tool should be Photoshop, and you can just google for good Photoshop tutorials which you can follow the steps to design sample images they show.

Then you can follow your imagination to design more complex stuff.

Hope this helps :)

markupdude, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  4. Mrs. Sinner

Mrs. Sinner Peon

Best Answers:
    The w3schools.com site looks very useful. I just browsed it for a few minutes, but there seems to be tons of information on there for us beginners. I'll be spending alot of time on that site, I think.

Mrs. Sinner

Mrs. Sinner, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  5. designz

designz Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend html dog . this is a very good resource for css and html.

designz, Nov 29, 2008 IP
    Stomme poes likes this.
  6. ish221100

ish221100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are interested in web site design, there are 8 steps that you need to understand when it comes to web site design. By coming to an understanding of these 8 important steps, you will be well on your way to enjoying web site design success.

1. When it comes to web site design success, you need to make sure that you understand how to make a web site visually appealing.

2. In addition, in your efforts towards quality web site design, you need to ensure that any web site you build is user friendly. How easy is it for your visitors to use.

3. Content is fundamental when it comes to your web site design efforts. You must ensure that the content is interesting, informative and entertaining as necessary.

4. Along these same lines, you will also want to make sure that you apply search engine optimization principles to the creation of the content for your website.

5. As part of your web site design efforts, you need to ensure that you properly install metatags appropriately throughout your web site.

6. Of course, as part of your web site domain efforts, you need to make certain that you select an appropriate domain name for your web site.

7. Consider adding keyword enriched articles to your web site in order to enhance the amount of traffic that is drawn to your website.

8. Make certain that if you are interested in professional web site design that you set up a solid technical support system for your clients.

Use these eight steps to design your web site and you will be on your way to web site success.

ish221100, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  7. frizli

frizli Peon

Best Answers:
    hit me, i will provide you with best ebooks on dreamweaver and css, after that
    read - practice - read - practice - read...........

bol

frizli, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  8. Sajoo

Sajoo Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree W3Schools is the best place to start web design. Do not go to photoshop layout designing unless you are done with html & CSS to a satisfactory level.

Sajoo, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  9. gimmick

gimmick Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you want. If you want to learn HTML and CSS, google them, read and take notes, get a editor and start building your pages. I think you learn best as you go, not only through theory.

If however you want quick results, you could start using a visual HTML editor like Coffee cup Visual site designer. Its a drag and drop program, very easy to use and you get nice looking pages in seconds.

Best of luck

gimmick, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  10. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google - do searches and get started from the tutorials you find. A good way of starting is to find free templates try a google for "free css layouts" you can then download a full html/css template and use it to edit as you read and learn as it does not matter if you break it, you just go back to the original copy etc.

thefandango, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  11. leebari

leebari Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have a look at sever good looking and well positioned websites. View their source code and compare different structures; then make one of your own based on what you have discovered.

Hope that helps.

leebari, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  12. wfc2009

wfc2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    w3schools.com is the best place to start. good luck

wfc2009, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  13. xenobiologist

xenobiologist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget webmonkey.com

As for me I first learned by looking at the source code of other pages and deconstructing them myself. Then I took a course in HS about HTML. But the stuff I learned on my own put me way away of the pack. I would listen to above recommendations and practice.

xenobiologist, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  14. Ashley1

Ashley1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should start learning web design tutorials available on net. For your ready reference just search on eZdia.com and you may get some good online tutorials.

Ashley1, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  15. wdct

wdct Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a general sense of what HTML is, then learn the most important tags, and then start to practice. The design doesn't matter, just code some web pages. Then follow some tutorials that include design, and more advanced tutorials. And practice constantly.

wdct, Oct 13, 2009 IP