1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Earn more with a single site than multiple sites.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by netmaster123, Nov 29, 2008.

Hey guys just wanted to share a little tip, when I started in Internet Marketing I went with the idea that having 100 sites making $1 dollar a day would be easy and I tought that I would be able to achieve that faster, well after a long time I realised that having multiple sites was a management nightmare, what I want to tell you is that having 1 site could be most of the time more profitable than having multiple sites, here are my reasons.

1. Link building and promotion takes time, you have to promote your site heavily to drive traffic, rankings and money, having many sites is basically a nightmare, imagine making a video to promote your site and having it to submit it to all the video sites, well with multiple sites this would take you months and months to finish.

2. When you develop multiple sites you never give your best effort to just 1 site, for example you usually end up with crappy themes and mediocre sites that are never updated, having 1 site allows you to invest time and money for a better user experience.

3. Branding and generating content for 1 site is hard work, imagine that x 100, like I said before, a management nightmare.

4. You can have multiple revenue opportunities with 1 site, just imagine, adsense, text link ads, review me, chitika, etc on your PR3-PR5 site, well TLA, Review me or the others will not pay any money to sites with a PR0 and 5 backlinks, having 1 high PR, high Alexa, site allows you to charge more for advertising.

Those are just 4 of the reasons why having 1 site is a lot better than having multiple sites, like I said I have been to make good money but since I have concentrated on the 1 site I have been able to triple my earnings.

netmaster123, Nov 29, 2008 IP
    The Club Crawler likes this.
  2. Sinn

Sinn Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice. Thx a lot.
    Seem that you have lots of experiances with IM, can you pls put some advices how to drive traffic to your site?
    I am running out of ideas?

Regards

Sinn

Sinn, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  3. ravee1981

ravee1981 Active Member

Best Answers:
    different niches = different sites

multiple niches on same site = reduced revenue

proven theory

ravee1981, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  4. picdome

picdome Banned

Best Answers:
    ya you are right actually i am late to understood this .. and had started a lot of sites and now i am not even get time to work for all sites...

picdome, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  5. BigSexy

BigSexy Peon

Best Answers:
    Bring us the facts that prove this theory. :)

BigSexy, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  6. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol... outsource all works and sit back... if you have money...
    If that 1 site is down, then what will we do?
    A minimum 2 is good...

Thanks..

vvtv, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  7. jb=]

jb=] Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you can do multiple sites, but it would take a lot of time and dedication, it should then be your full time job..

jb=], Nov 29, 2008 IP
  8. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The general consensus has always been it's much easier to earn from multiple sites rather than 1 single site. But that does not necessarily holds true all the time. But it doesn't hurt to diversify and having extra sites as a backup.

lycos, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  9. ravee1981

ravee1981 Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh come on, you can't talk about web hosting servers and resorts in the bahamas in the same blog can you?

ravee1981, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  10. Working Nomad

Working Nomad Guest

Best Answers:
    I cannot ever see that having only one site is better than multiple sites. If you dont waste time you can easily manage 20-30 sites, even by spending 4 hours a day on each site mean you can update them all every 15 days, which is fine.

Some of my best performers have not been updated for months!

Real business always looks to diversify so why should it be any different in the online world?

Working Nomad, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  11. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    amen to that, i don't believe in having quantity, its quality that counts....in my opinion that is

Project Mobius, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  12. netmaster123

netmaster123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have a good point, if you are a full time webmaster then it might be possible to manage several sites, or if you have staff in your company, however I think that most newbies still have jobs and do not have more than a couple of hours to manage their sites, so having 1 quality site would be the best choice.

netmaster123, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  13. Working Nomad

Working Nomad Guest

Best Answers:
    Even if you have less time how long does it really take to update a website providing you ensure it has useful content?

I spent a day once creating a site, and have probably spent a further 6 hours in the last year updating it and it is a good earner with good PR.

Try and focus on sites that do not depend on new information all the time to retain their usefulness to users.

There is just too much risk putting all your eggs in one basket. You can do quantity and quality!

When you switch off your internet connection and get working on a site its amazing how much content you can churn out in a few hours.

Working Nomad, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  14. koan

koan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One site is too little, 100 is too much for one person. For the benefits of diversification and experimentation, something between 5-20 sites might be ideal. You'll probably end up with 2-3 winners, then you can focus on them.

koan, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  15. dota

dota Banned

Best Answers:
    build 1 site with good hosting and good niche

dota, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  16. bornic

bornic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depend on search engine marketing.

bornic, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  17. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    I had a small site that I added Adsense to and I make enough to pay for hosting from it. I don't expect it to ever make a lot. But now that I understand how to do it, I'm making another site on a niche that has broader appeal and higher payng ads. I'm not going to take Adsense off the first site! So it depends.
    Make one site, optimize it, promote it, grow it, then start a second site, repeat.
    Don't make 100 sites.

kaethy, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  18. hanxiansheng

hanxiansheng Member

Best Answers:
    For me, I think it is a better choice to run 5 sites other than only 1, it is very risky to run only 1 site, because if there is something run with the site, you will earn nothing. It is quite different if you run several sites, you will always get income from some of them. Of course I don't suggest you running many sites, I think you shouldn't run more than 10 sites unless you hire others to work for you.

hanxiansheng, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  19. bdprem.com

bdprem.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think,everybody need at list two site.But,its not a good idea to run 100 sites at a time.So,I think,two is enough.

bdprem.com, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  20. Skunkard

Skunkard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have the time and dedication to run multiple sites, then by all means you should do so.. but if your lazy, stick to one :)

Skunkard, Nov 29, 2008 IP