1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DreamWeaver

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by pmatrickk, Jun 10, 2006.

how exactly does it work... i thought about getting it, does it use hml and css and all that like if I was to use note pad or word press?
    thanks

pmatrickk, Jun 10, 2006 IP
  2. donn

donn Peon

Best Answers:
    It's completely different from notepad or wordpress. It's a WYSIWYG program which allows you to code a website without knowing any html. You can still hand code like you would in notepad, but that pretty much defeats the point of spending a few hundred bucks on it.

donn, Jun 10, 2006 IP
  3. malc

malc Peon

Best Answers:
    malc, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  4. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree using Dreamweaver in design veiw is a very bad idea as i causes you to loes you coding skills not improve them. Dreamweaver and all WYSIWYG editors code pages very poorly.

Dont get me wrong I love using Dreamweaver in code veiw as you have extra features over plain old note pad such as Dreamweaver template files, colour coded code, file management, FTP panel and snippets panel.

But as mentioned that is a lot of money for just them features it is as expensive as it is because the amount of time and money put into making the rest of the program.

johneva, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  5. Djohn

Djohn Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're willing to spend the money, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend DreamWeaver.
    I usually do a lot of xhtml, css and php, and while i do most of my coding in the code view, I do find it helpful to have the design view for checking the broader strokes, like colors and placement.
    Just be aware that some things doesn't look exactly right, so use the design view as more of a guideline than actual representation of the actual outcome.

The FTP feature saves me a lot of time, and while dealing with a lot of different sites, I can easily switch between them and maintain a good flow.

It should be said, however, that I haven't really looked into alternatives, as I've had Dreamweaver for several years and always found it to be all I need.

Djohn, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  6. Dimenty

Dimenty Peon

Best Answers:
    Use DreamWeaver for big sites, or if you spent many time when writing code...

Dimenty, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  7. Albert_chu

Albert_chu Peon

Best Answers:
    dreamweaver is capable to make html and css type websites. it also lets you see what your coding at the same time by switching between the designer and code tabs.

Albert_chu, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  8. TechnoGeek

TechnoGeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, pmatrickk.
    Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG editor in that you can use it without
    knowing HTML tags by memory. In this case, you use it like a word
    processor. You can write a word, highlight it, and press a button to
    make it bold. You don't have to write the tags <B>...</B>. The
    program takes care of that.
    However, you must have an elementary knowledge of HTML: how a page is
    structured, and what can appear inside it. If you want to include a