1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outsourcing of Adwords process to professional

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by StreamCo, Nov 27, 2008.

Hello there,

Currently I'm running all my Adwords needs by myself and a business is developing pretty good
    But parallel to business developing i have a problem (issue) with increasing in time which i need to spend with Adwords and now I start to feel ROI going down what's caused by that i can't pay as much attention to Adwords as I should

So I started to think about outsourcing Adwords management to some professional who will take a good care of it and will show me great ROI and great support of my business development

And now guys I need you suggestions:
    - how is adwords outsourcing working for you?
    - what the minimum budget i need to have to start outsource my Adwords?
    - is it generally good idea to outsource adwords management?

StreamCo, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  2. troubadour

troubadour Guest

Best Answers:
    I am wondering about these questions myself. I hope someone will answer them.

troubadour, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  3. trishan

trishan Peon

Best Answers:
    Outsourcing your Adwords can be a very profitable decision provided you choose an account manager with a proven track record. Account managers usually have experience in a wide range of fields and differ slightly in what they offer.

For example, I combine marketing experience with a detailed knowledge of Adwords to deliver high ROI campaigns. I do not require a minimum budget though I charge either by the hour or a weekly payment. I do not have fixed fees and will determine fees on a case by case basis.

trishan, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  4. steliosp

steliosp Peon

Best Answers:
    Outsourcing adwords is the best move you will do. You will have more time to work on the things you know best and you wont waste your time. A professional will be able to acheive a lot more. just find someone with some knowledge ask them to give you some references. regrding the fee it really varies! Depending on your budget, product etc.

steliosp, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  5. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should outsource other aspects of your business and do the AdWords part yourself. It's a very important skill to have.

Masterful, Nov 28, 2008 IP
    MazdaSEO likes this.
  6. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    The decision is based on how much free time you have. A very good friend is the President of a company and he did his own Adword PPC. His skill set is at the expert level.

As the company grew to ~18M in sales, he didn't have the time so he is now outsourcing it. But everyone doesn't know the market, doesn't have the instints, etc. So, he has gone thru about 8 firms so far.

I do my own and would never outsource it. I can't afford it.

I also have clients that don't want anything to do with it and just dump it on us.

As for the "management fee", it ranges between 7% to 18% of spend and to date, no one can show me that the services they do is worth it.

Now we only accept clients that are solid Adword users, know Adwords and just need to off load the day to day management and that is based on a flat monthly fee. And no reports or ROI BS.

And to intergrate the PPC with your OnPage SEO/traffic is way above what the Agency can handle. As long as the PPC traffic lands on "YOUR" landing page (the SEOed keyword page), you will get a major SEO boost.

catanich, Nov 28, 2008 IP
    MazdaSEO likes this.
  7. dburdon

dburdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Streamco,

I can generally save between 20-80% of a typical adwords budget.

Poor keyword selection, poor copy, poor landing pages.

We're very busy right now. But still only charge £120 plus 4% of the budget.

dburdon, Nov 29, 2008 IP
    MazdaSEO likes this.
  8. MazdaSEO

MazdaSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with outsourcing is the adwords mangement may not understand your business. What I see is professionals that understand Adwords but have no idea what your business is about and what words are relevant to your business. The outsourcing is only valuable if the vendor understands in my opinion three things:
    1)Adwords 2) Your business 3)Your market . Personally, it is one of the most important things we do as far as advertising and I find it very difficult to relinquish that to someone else that won't put there heart and soul into it.

MazdaSEO, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  9. logosi

logosi Guest

Best Answers:
    Excellent thread. I've never outsourced, but did attend a mastermind seminar with Kirt Kristensen (sp) who sells an excellent course on that very subject. For me, at my current level (know what I'm doing but still learning) I would consider outsourcing only if my overall spends could be increased, offsetting the additional fees for outsourcing.

I've read that John Jonas hired an outsource person in the Philippines, personally taught them what he needed, then they took it over full time, John realizing the profits, them doing the work. In his case his outsources also did keyword research, even finding testing new products for him. So it works for certain, finding the right person and/or team is the key.

logosi, Dec 1, 2008 IP
    MazdaSEO likes this.