1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Tool for test Link Exchange benefits

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by woocha, Nov 28, 2008.

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know if there is a website out there that will measure my website and measure someone's website and tell me if it benefits me to swap links? I mean give me a rating of say 8 and give the website a rating of 6 and the spit out that it benefits him more than it benefits me.....

Has anyone seen anything like that?

Thanks a bunch

woocha, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  2. chizarium

chizarium Peon

Best Answers:
    There might be something like that out there but you would be much better off learning SEO yourself because then you can determine if a website is good to exchange links with very quickly and easily. Once you know what to look for it takes seconds to decide if a page is good or not as far as SEO

chizarium, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  3. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have to question the need to verify a site's "quality", then you have doubts about that site. It therefore is a bad link. If Google's PR is not a good indication for you, then may I suggest you follow the following:

"All links, any links are good if they are there in one year." Just don't link to the bad ones.

catanich, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  4. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually almost any link pointing to you is a good one, some just count more than others.

Link exchanges are said to be devalued these days though.

You also need to make sure the site you're linking to isn't banned from Google otherwise you could get your own site banned, assuming the link is reciprocal.

Conclusions:

Reciprocal link exchanges are good, but not really all that great. Weigh up link swaps based on how much you can be bothered to do it and how it will effect visitors to your site.

Try to get one way links instead, far better investment of time. (I know this is the cliche response, but there are good ways to get one way links, just keep searching and you'll find out just like I did).

T_Media, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  5. woocha

woocha Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys...thanks for the reply...I appreciate the thoughts, but I am no asking for me directly. I do not link swap. I came accross this website that only did this linkswap test and I thought it was a pretty cool little gadget for people who do not want to take monthes to learn SEO. I just came across the site a year ago and I have no idea what it is or how I got there.

I was hoping one of you guys came across it also...

thanks

woocha, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  6. woocha

woocha Peon

Best Answers:
    The website I was talking about earlier, gathered you domain's Google PR and the Google PR if another site and based on the comparison, it stated weather or not it was beneficial to you to swap links with the other site.

woocha, Dec 4, 2008 IP