1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Engine Advice Much Appreciated

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pmore, Nov 15, 2008.

Hello all, hope you are well.

Looking for advice on how to begin going about improving my search engine rankings please.

I have recently spent a great deal of time and effort building my new business and website. I have promoted it on the WSO only and had great response on there. My next step is to end the WSO and concentrate on marketing my website effectively.

To do this I realise I need to do well in the search engines. Can anyone give me unbiased advice on how best to proceed with this. Are there any paid services I should be considering using? i.e. for link building etc.

I know which keywords I want to improve on and have begun onsite SEO for them. What I am specifically talking about here is off site SEO.

All advice is greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.

pmore, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  2. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All you have to do is to create lots of contents based around the keywords you are aiming for to rank well. At the same time work on link building using those anchor texts.

lycos, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  3. RankonTop

RankonTop Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, remember you also have your local area (city),
    you can promete by word of mouth, business cards, work in your area. maybe you have some online directories in your area.
    work for non profit -companies helps spread the word of your business.
    just a couple tips.

RankonTop, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  4. pmore

pmore Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the advice guys.

pmore, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  5. macca81625

macca81625 Peon

Best Answers:
    theres a document released by google its in another thread here in the SEO section, it gives you a begginers guide on how to go about implementing good SEO on a website

macca81625, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  6. chizarium

chizarium Peon

Best Answers:
    Basic SEO guidelines: Put relevant keywords in the <title> tags of all your pages -- write good original text and put at least 250 words on each page, using relevant keywords inside the text -- get backlinks to your website using your target keywords in the anchor text, the best/easiest ways of doing this are through directory submissions, blog commenting/forum posting, article submissions and link exchanges with very closely related sites

chizarium, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  7. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Since you have a new web site, select 4 of the most important phrases that can help your site. Add them to your DP Sigs as your advertisement has done and keep participating in the Forum.

Oh, the URL to the site could help us.

catanich, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  8. arizonawebdesign

arizonawebdesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Puff Daddy once said... "It's all about the backlinks baby!" Or maybe it was benjamin's... nonetheless the saying still applies :)

arizonawebdesign, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  9. budin

budin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is all about backlinks, the on page and off page optimization has to be parallel. Google has just released their guide on SEO, I suggest you go grab it :)

budin, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  10. arizonawebdesign

arizonawebdesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    While on page optimization is important, I think backlinks are still king of all for G from what I've seen. I have seen terrible sites not optimized at all, but they have a crapload of backlinks and rank #1

arizonawebdesign, Nov 29, 2008 IP