1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace! Myspace! Myspace! = $$$

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by exaro, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stev

Stev Guest

Best Answers:
    Yea, but if you check the code correctly, nothing is sent automatically like a couple days ago... it just doesnt work anymore.

Thanks,
    Stev

Stev, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  2. slip

slip Peon

Best Answers:
    if anyone is able to code what this forum was talking about in the first place i would be interested...send pm

slip, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  3. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've seen its just for their own records. Everything works fine with out the inclusion of a mytoken.

EXACTLY. It's not about how many you have yourself. Its all about networking and spreading the word one at a time through each other's friends.

Nothing was ever sent automatically if you read all the way through. It still relys on the users to pass on the bulletin. Not just automatic reposting.

exaro, Jun 11, 2006 IP
    KevinJB likes this.
  4. Stev

Stev Guest

Best Answers:
    1 guy was doiing it automatically... on the 5th page I think.

Anyway... I just tried it on my site... lets see how it goes ;)

Stev, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  5. Cage Rattler

Cage Rattler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's the demographics of the average MySpace user?

Cage Rattler, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  6. discoverclips

discoverclips Peon

Best Answers:
    in some cases you could do it automatically, without the user even knowing it..through ajax

discoverclips, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  7. slip

slip Peon

Best Answers:
    what does ajax mean?

slip, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  8. jnestor

jnestor Peon

Best Answers:
    AJAX = asynchronous javascript and xml

I don't think the automatic bulletin had anything to do with AJAX but rather with using javascript and iframes. At any rate .... Yes, it used to be possible to automatically post a bulletin to someone's myspace friends without their knowlege (by having them click a link on your site) but I don't think it's possible any more.

It is still possible to have a form that fills in a bulletin for a myspace user. They'd hit a button on your site which would create the bulletin on myspace and then they'd need to hit the submit button on myspace to send it. Less automatic but still potentially valuable in driving MySpace users to your site.

MySpace demographics for those who asked - 14 - 25 or so both male and female. MySpace is (i beileve) now the 2nd most trafficed website on the internet. They claim something like 80 million members though lots of people have multiple accounts.

jnestor, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  9. discoverclips

discoverclips Peon

Best Answers:
    jnestor, good to see you know ajax :lol: the name that is

discoverclips, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  10. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thought AJAX was the headknocker from the movie "The Warriors"

SFOD_D223, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  11. Dactyl

Dactyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So at the end of the day, does anyone have a working code for this? it doesnt have to be 100% automated, I could live with a script that fills out the bulletin and needs the user to click the submit button as jenstor explained.

Dactyl, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  12. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes.

<form target="_blank" name="bulletinForm" action="http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.edit" method="post" target="_self">  <input type="hidden" maxLength="50" size="1" value="BULLETIN SUBJECT" name="subject">
      <input name="body" type="hidden" value="BULLETIN BODY">
     <input class type="submit" value="Click here to repost the bulletin" name="submit"></form>
    HTML:
    Just displays the button, and will open a filled in form for myspace user to submit, then confirm.

exaro, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  13. MrGeeK

MrGeeK Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been playing around with this. I haven't quite got it the way I want. I can easily generate the bulletin, but I'm having problems with getting a repost button to appear in the bulletin and work correctly.

I've got an idea on how to make it work, it means forcing the reposter to go back to my site which isn't the best solution for the end user.

The actual bulletin generator can be seen at http://www.pimpin-myspace.com/bulletin/

If anyone has an example of a working repost button I'd love to see it.

I still have to modify it further so it also generates a button to place on your website/profile which shouldn't be hard.

MrGeeK, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  14. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    it doesnt work. You wont get any hits with the bulletin chain loop. Maybe 1 or 2 but thats it. I have tried it and it failed and that was with over 800 hits a day with SE for myspace terms. Most myspace accounts have the bulletins hidden so no one will even see your spam.

IamNed, Jun 13, 2006 IP
    woahdolla likes this.
  15. slip

slip Peon

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ....you under estimate some of the intelligence level that myspace's largest audience has

slip, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  16. MrGeeK

MrGeeK Peon

Best Answers:
    Well my friends often repost my bulletins for me, I'm just trying to make it easier. I guess it's like anything, some people have good results and some don't

MrGeeK, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  17. jnestor

jnestor Peon

Best Answers:
    It's easy enough to make a bulletin with a button that will generate a bulletin. Just include the form in the bulletin. The trick is getting that second bulletin to also have th same button/code. It's recursive problem and since myspace doesn't allow javascript I don't think it can be done entirely within myspace. If they let you use iframes you could host the form code on your site but i don't think that works either.

Still a bulletin that can propogate is pretty useless if it never gets people to your site. Send em to your site and explain that they "must repost the bulletin in order to make it work" whatever "it" is. You'd be surprised how many will believe you.

jnestor, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  18. *Michael*

*Michael* Banned

Best Answers:
    Why all myspace trains require the user to go back to their site to repost the bulletin?

Because the bulletin train doesn't work exclusevly within myspace.

That's it! Just put the repst bulletin on your website like all myspace train sites do. Look at makemytrain.com and makeatrain.com for examples.

*Michael*, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  19. MrGeeK

MrGeeK Peon

Best Answers:
    I was hoping to get it working entirely within myspace, but I could only ever manage to get one repost working, so yeah I took it outside of myspace and now it's fully recursive (and having some nice results...)

600 new friends in < 12 hours and that wasn't even the main point of the bulletin.

MrGeeK, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  20. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been banned from adsense for "invalid clicks". I guess I was wrong, although my CTR never reached or rose above 1%. Time to head over to the big YPN

Be warned

exaro, Jun 16, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.