1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting revenue from Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by computerstudent, Nov 26, 2008.

Hi Everyone ,

This is my first post on this forum. Atlast I found a forum which discusses about the hardwork we have done and the revenue we are getting.

Iam student and I want money to pay off my education. I tried to do some online projects, tutoring etc.But atlast I got settled with staring a good website. The main reason behind is that I need money for my education and also I can improve my knowledge by writing articles to my own website. Actually I didn't have any web designing experience. As I cannot afford to pay for a web designer, I researched and studied and designed the whole website by myself without any help from others. I worked so hard for making my website up. Now I successfuly launced my website a month ago. I have the adsense on my website.

I waited so long to get revenue from my site. Iam so depressed now. Iam not getting atleast 5 clicks a day.
    I spent all of my money on submitting to yahoo directory. I submitted some articles to some sites and gave free advertisements on some free advertising websites. Answering some posts in some forums. But even I got only $0.63 as the first month's revenue from adsense.

I really wonder how you guyz are making hundreds or thousands of dollars from your websites. Any advice would be appreciated.I don't know whether I can post my website link or not in this forum. So for the safe side iam not posting my website link in this message. Atleast $200 per month would be sufficient for me to pay my bills.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

computerstudent, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  2. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to Digital Point, everything you need to make money is right here on the forums. My advice is take a few days out to read through the forums, if you've got a particular niche your interested in then do a search to pull up relevant posts. I'm wondering how much you paid for the Yahoo directory submission, I hope it wasn't anything close to the $299 I saw them charging last time I looked. That sort of money could go a long way to building traffic but Yahoo directory is not the answer. It's sort of obselete now and there are thousands of better traffic building methods for a fraction of the price. Anyway, good luck and keep working - try as much as possible and you may strike it rich with some of them.

venturefox, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  3. Highena.com

Highena.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi and welcome to DP. Agree with venturefox there that you could have spent your money on better methods. How old is your site and what methods are you using on it to drive traffic? Adsense rarely makes you much to begin with, but if you stick with it, keep adding content and building backlinks it will come. It's also worth checking posts here on adsense placement and other tecniques to make it work for you.

best of luck.

Highena.com, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  4. computerstudent

computerstudent Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You are right. I paid that amount for Yahoo directory submission. If you suggest me any honest link building techniques for small amount of money I would appreciate that.
    Thanks.

5. computerstudent

computerstudent Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thanks for the 2 replies. Thanks for your suggestions. It will help me a lot.

6. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's fine, we've all made stupid mistakes like that when we start out but you live and learn. You could try looking in the Buy, Sell & Trade section. You can either buy links or trade links with similiar websites for free. There are too many methods to pick out one or two but you should keep reading these forums as much as possible. You will slowly pick up different methods and adapt them for your own website. Make sure you don't spend any more money because, believe me, there are enough free sources of traffic out there until you start seeing a modest profit.

Oh, and yes you are allowed to post your website URL's here.

venturefox, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  7. Highena.com

Highena.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check the "services" section here.

Highena.com, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  8. computerstudent

computerstudent Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for all of your suggestions. I will try that and keep posting my progress.

computerstudent, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  9. Night Owl

Night Owl Peon

Best Answers:
    Computerstudent... don't give up hope! Our first month we made a lot less than you... only 1c in fact!!! :)

But, as you can see below from a segment of our monthly earnings, with time, work and effort, as your site grows, so can your income! Just do the research here, and put in the time. With perseverance... and a bit of luck... you'll get there!

Feb 2007 (the month we put the site up) - 1c!!! Yipee!!!
    March- $8
    April- $80
    May- $230
    June- $620
    July- $1,350
    Aug- $1,360
    Sept- $1,720
    Oct- $2,400
    Nov- $2,500
    Dec- $2,600
    Jan 2008- $3,800
    Feb 2008- $3,900
    March 2008- $5,900.

Night Owl, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  10. Joe Larry

Joe Larry Peon

Best Answers:
    this type of earning raising it does make sense, may b it happen to every one of us i guess :)

Joe Larry, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  11. avaleks

avaleks Member

Best Answers:

impressive, i can`t make my first 100$ from December, 2007

avaleks, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  12. prasannas

prasannas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

prasannas, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  13. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to DP!..it is true that earning money is a hard work for adsense..but if you just get it right then its just explode like dynamite.. good luck

config_error, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  14. Tarakan

Tarakan Active Member

Best Answers:
    i suggest you don't rely completely on Adsense alone in making money online. There are potential buyers from your website traffic who may convert well if you offer products through affiliate programs. try CJ. make sure though your website is related very specific to the product you offer. Earn some real money through your traffic and diversify your earnings. Also sign up for chitika premium ads and kontera intext advertising to supplement your adsense income ... believe me once your website is in good hands and reputable in the eyes of the search engines, people will begin to advertise on your homepage... u can then start to come out with your very own private advertising program.. put up your rates but according to market though... ;)

Tarakan, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  15. amirulcyber

amirulcyber Peon

Best Answers:
    one of the ways is make money by blog.many people have prove it.why not you try

amirulcyber, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  16. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do not purely rely on adsense, you should signup for other money making programs on the internet..but as i know adsense is the best of all programs out there. :) buts its good to have backups.

config_error, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  17. amirulcyber

amirulcyber Peon

Best Answers:
    actually there are many make money program on internet that you can try.

amirulcyber, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  18. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can't achieve success right away with adsense; otherwise, Tom, Dick and Harry will make a website and try to earn millions of dollars from it. You have to own a site, fill it with contents, optimize the site for search engines, then get adsense account and place the ads at vantage points etc, etc... The important point is how to draw traffic to your site and if you are successful in bringing targeted traffic, you can make more than $ 2000 a month and not just $200. Good luck. It takes time and until such time, keep working hard and be patient :)

dairyman, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  19. suman817

suman817 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to Digital Forum. I respect your effort and aim. Keep it up. Pls spend sometime reading FAQ/Rules of this forum. As you started a new site, it’s better not to invest money for web promotion right now. I’m also new in publishing a blog, and by applying the free methods of website promotion I’m managing several hundred visitors to my blog. Ya, of course, with a little AdSense earning! There’re so many processes involve with paid advertisement, and for free marketing technique as well. I suggest you to learn and implement the effective methods of free site promotion at first. Success will not come in a few days. It’ll take months, year…..Don’t give up. Stick to promote your program in a right way. Best wishes…..

suman817, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  20. computerstudent

computerstudent Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your honest advices and opinions.

computerstudent, Nov 28, 2008 IP