1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What happened to all of our Religion Threads?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by jumpboy11jaop, Nov 20, 2008.

1. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Personal opinion, Fact, Shit he just made up.... it's all the same to azizny.

stOx, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  2. contentedge

contentedge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Care to prove this point of yours?

contentedge, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  3. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The first was proven by numerous studies over the past years. Just check Google results and you will confirm it.

Peace,

Barti1987, Nov 23, 2008 IP
  4. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have had many debates on this and stox couldnt make an argument that stood up for his point. He is basically a machine wired with ganglions and nerves and flesh. He feels that human beings are devoid of anything more than just a physical body and mind. Im glad i know that humans consist of much more. Its sensless for any human to reasonably believe that order came about through chaos. Im glad i got stox on iggy. Guys ill be back tomorrow, im gonna throw up a bunch of leaves in the air and by 24 hours they will come back down to earth as a fully formed human being:rolleyes:

pingpong123, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  5. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    We need more religious threads. It's fun watching stOx pwn religious people.

LogicFlux, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  6. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Yes we sure do need more shallow posts so that their followers can cheer them on, but thank god there are more religious people in the world than atheists. The atheists can try to post their millions of internet spam tactics but reason and soul will prevail. Stats show 5.79 billion people of faith then 1.1 billion robotic soul-less atheists.
    God is surely smiling.
    Ok guys im going back to throwing my leaves in the air and hoping a human female is created out of chance. I will also try to create a pet dog by having 100 people spit simultaneously in the air. People i feel confident that this will work loooooooooooooooool.
    http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html Let the souls of the people of the world be heard. The atheists have a long way to go to win the hearts and souls of its foollowers , opps atheists dont believe in hearts and souls,

7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    While you are throwing leaves around pong try throwing some alphabeti spaghetti, You might inadvertently form a post that makes a shred of sense.

stOx, Nov 26, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  8. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Who says we don't believe in hearts and souls? Just because I don't believe my soul will go to some imaginary place in the sky to hang out with some imaginary hippie does not mean I don't believe in the power of the human soul....

Firegirl, Nov 26, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  9. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Then your not an atheist, so my post wasnt directed at you right;).
    This was directed at people that only think they are a collection of nerve endings. I never said one thing about where i believe any soul goes to after people die right?:D,

Glad we understand each other, it was great chatting with ya:D

10. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    having a "bad word day" pong? Firstly, it's spelled "you're". Your is used to describe a possession, As in "your inability to have an original thought". I guess in Sunday school they don't teach you anything useful, Like reading and writing, They simply brainwash you into believing made up bullshit, And if you are very unfortunate (and catholic), That you shouldn't tell your parents about the "little game" the priest plays with you in the confessional when everyone else has gone home.

Secondly, atheists can believe in souls, They can even believe in ghosts and the afterlife, Though generally they don't as there (not their, or they're) is as little evidence for the existence of souls and afterlives as there is for your imaginary celestial father figure.

An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in a god, no more, no less.

The funny thing about this exchange is though you claim to have me on ignore you will still be reading what i write because, after all, We all know this "ignore" thing is simply a cowards way of getting out of responding to criticism. it's the intellectual equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears. which, For you, Is somewhat of an improvement on your previous "i don't like the idea of dying so I'll just pretend a magical land is waiting for me, So there!" argument.

The really amusing thing is by the end of this post you will no doubt be absolutely fuming and mashing on your keyboard with your fists hoping that from your chimpanzee like motions a coherent sentence will form, Or maybe even an adequate rebuttal. But remember, You have me on ignore, So any response will expose you as a coward and a liar.

stOx, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  11. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    wikipedia on the scientific method. Since almost all of our new knowledge in the last 500 years has come from this, it would be a good idea to understand it. Also:

Obviously not at stOx. The most important things have been bolded. However, read everything here, you may learn something.

Basically, this means that you have to defend your belief by putting it outside the realm of science. However, since science has given us pretty much all now knowledge in the last 500 years, or in the last million years depending on your definition of science, that is ridiculous.

I don't really mind Gods of the Gaps- As Science slowly fills in the gaps, God will be relegated to the inside of singularities, or even more arcane places.

jumpboy11jaop, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  12. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not think, know.... we know we're a collection of nerve endings. Can you prove otherwise? Because i can most certainly point you to some basic anatomy for idiots websites and prove that we are.

We can easily prove a dozen things out of the bible to be factually inaccurate or easily proven not to have happened.

The irony here is that you cannot do the same against what we're saying yet we're the ones confused :rolleyes:

GeorgeB., Nov 26, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  13. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    George, order arises out of chaos. Opps it doesnt, only atheists believe this:D

14. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nope I believe it too.

I'm completely baffled at how you make fun of the order from chaos theory, while the alternative is to believe in magic. Am I the only one who sees the absurdity in that?

There is evidence all around us of how everything we see today evolved from what was once chaos millions of years ago.

Yet you mock it out of closed minded blind faith in the idea that it must be ridiculous to believe that because a magic sky daddy created this for all his children.

GeorgeB., Nov 27, 2008 IP
  15. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    woah-stOx was banned.

I suppose I can see why, and I ask everyone to understand that he is not a typical atheist. I myself am atheist, yet do have a strict sense of morals. This is not a contradiction.

jumpboy11jaop, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  16. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see why you think he doesn't show sense of moral. Perhaps he is not typical in that is more passionate about his ideas but nothing more.

Religious people want to spread the idea that atheists lack a sense of moral, but it's a false concept. There is no need to say "I'm an atheist YET have morals".

cientificoloco, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  17. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have seen stOx's blog? I did couple months ago, guess what I found? Hatred. It's like he goes out of his way to find sources that say "Muslims are terrorists".

Nothing wrong in displaying your views but using another platform to post hate is just wrong. Good that he's banned.

M5love, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  18. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I just couldn't think of a better way to put it.

In retrospect, the word and might have worked very well :(

But yeah, stOx seemed to have an up-close and personal hate against everyone of religious faith. While I disagree with the illogicality of it, I do not hate everyone religious, as with 99% of atheists, the other 1% being stOx.

jumpboy11jaop, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  19. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't even call it "hate". He's just as passionate about what he believes as you are. He just expresses it differently.

And sure you can say that you don't hate other people's religions. But I might add that that may be because other people's religions haven't touched your life yet. If radical Islamists (for example) killed someone you loved dearly you might not be singing the same tune. It's all subjective. If Christian evangelicals beat someone you love to death because they were gay, then later said they don't feel any remorse about it at all because your loved one was an abomination before God. You might sing a different tune then as well.

We humans have a history as long as history itself of wars, hatred, and atrocities in the name of one God or another. So you can say that you individually don't hate others' religion but that doesn't mean your fellow followers don't.

GeorgeB., Nov 27, 2008 IP
  20. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    well, we do have something new, now, something that may have been unprecedented until the scientific revolution and the enlightenment: The idea of progress. (I may be wrong here. If I am, you might as well disregard the rest of this post. Up until then, progress wasn't really something people thought of because their lives didn't change much. Now that we fully embrace the concept of technological, social, and economic progress we are free to be rational people, and not hate the religion but to hate (yes, I admit hate) the people, the perpetrators of the act.

Besides, why get mad at someone's imaginary friend? :)

jumpboy11jaop, Nov 28, 2008 IP