1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Management System that uses .html extension

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by buckknife1, Nov 25, 2008.

I have a website that is a very simple dreamweaver template. Is there a content management system that can be used similar to wordpress, joomla or such that allows me to keep the extensions .html? I want to transfer my site to a content management system to make updating easier.

Thanks, any info is greatly appreciated.

buckknife1, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  2. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. Don't laugh, but I'm about to recommend WordPress. With a combination of a custom permalink structure and a Plugin that appends .html to your WordPress Pages (regular pages like an about page or other non-blog content), you'll easily be able to integrate your site's template into WordPress while retaining your existing permalink structure.

You can get WordPress at http://wordpress.org/download and the Plugin at http://www.introsites.co.uk/33~html-wordpress-permalink-on-pages-plugin.html

Dan Schulz, Nov 26, 2008 IP
    buckknife1 likes this.
  3. Sajoo

Sajoo Guest

Best Answers:
    Very cool Dan. There are some joomla extensions which do the same job but for newbies there is no easy CMS than wordpress.

Sajoo, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  4. buckknife1

buckknife1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dan,

I just took a look at what you were talking about and that's perfect. I like Wordpress and this solves my problem.

buckknife1, Nov 26, 2008 IP