1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SQLite for a CMS

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by shantanubala, Nov 24, 2008.

I am building a customized simple CMS-like system for my website. I really don't need any sort of advanced data manipulation or anything - just simple creating, reading, updating, and deleting. I have heard in multiple places that SQLite is faster than MySQL. Is that the case? Does MySQL consume more resources or something? I have only worked with MySQL so far, and know that SQLite is often used embedded in applications. Is MySQL better suited for a CMS?

shantanubala, Nov 24, 2008 IP
  2. krt

krt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=sqlite+vs+mysql

Seriously though, it depends on the load. SQLite can be better suited for smaller sites in terms of both content and traffic, however SQLite, due to its file based system, becomes infeasible after a certain point, e.g. 10-20 or higher concurrent users on average.

krt, Nov 24, 2008 IP
  3. shantanubala

shantanubala Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I did do a Google search and found some speed tests. I was really just wondering whether those speed tests have merit when scaling.

I'll probably use MySQL. Thanks, again.

shantanubala, Nov 25, 2008 IP