1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Definitive Top 10 Sites To Submit Articles To

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Darrell, Jun 7, 2006.

I don't have the time to submit articles to 100's of article sites and am trying to compile a list of the top 10 or so article sites to submit to. I've read loads of threads on which sites to submit articles to and still can't come up with a list I'm happy with.

So please could anybody who has had experience of posting articles, reply with their recommended sites :)

I want to hand submit myself, so please no submission services or software.

Thanks for your help :)

Darrell, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Forget what anybody else says, there is only 1 list of trusted and valued article directorys and thats this one.

mad4, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  3. Darrell

Darrell Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you saying it's best to just submit to the top 10 sites or so that show in Google?

Darrell, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  4. KerryEmrich

KerryEmrich Guest

Best Answers:
    Thats probably not a bad idea at least to get traffic the fastest and maybe higher PR

KerryEmrich, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  5. Darrell

Darrell Peon

Best Answers:
    Another option I have is maybe I should just pay to submit to isnare.

And, if I pay isnare to submit articles, is it still worthwhile submitting to anybody else?

Darrell, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  6. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit to as many places as you can, starting with the ones on my (google's) list.

mad4, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  7. Darrell

Darrell Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. Do you think that is a better option than using isnare?

Darrell, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  8. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never used isnare, how much does it cost?

mad4, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  9. RaZoRLeGaCy

RaZoRLeGaCy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a great cost effective way to drive up my PR.

RaZoRLeGaCy, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  10. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    ArticleAddict.com ...it's a relatively new directory so the content hasn't been plastered all over the net, it's free and rising in the ranks.
    It has some very good articles and attracts a lot of traffic from webmasters looking for fresh content.
    It's worth checking out.

The article directories that are in the top 10 of Google probably do have a lot of articles but those articles are all over the internet.
    Webmasters with high PR sites look for the small newer directories such as ArticleAddict to find their fresh new content.....well I do anyway :)

Cyclops, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  11. Darrell

Darrell Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies :)

Darrell, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  12. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    poseidon, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  13. pt360

pt360 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. Nice! Google ranked them in the top for a reason.

pt360, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  14. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
  15. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been submitting each article to around 40 of what I also call the top sites, I also tried the ISnare paid service, my opinion is, it's not worth it at all. I saw NO difference by using there paid service, it may have placed my articles in a few obscure yahoo groups etc, but I was really not happy at all using it.

I now only do free submissions, to the top 40 sites by hand........

I aint saying this about all the poor quality sites, but many of the little, obscure, or poor quality sites are all clones of each other and have a little text at the bottom saying ............ Powered by ****** ********* etc..... At least the big sites use their own custom code.

bluegill_catcher, Jun 10, 2006 IP
  16. articlesubmitter

articlesubmitter Peon

Best Answers:
    No matter WHAT service or software you use it all boils down to your article.

All submitters including us though we partner with thephantomwriters.com all just SUBMITs your articles and does not guarantee the placement and acceptability of your articles for publishing or reprint by other webmasters.

I saw some clients in many submitters being published at sitepronews.com, webpronews.com and etc.. and got BIG results from their articles. WHY? because their articles are ALL worth the BIG results.

Do not just submit articles and think you get great deal of things for any type of articles. If you are not so sure how to do it the "Article Marketing" way ask somebody who knows HOW to do it well for you. Submit it by hand or by the submitters and then you will get good results.

Remember if your article cannot get the attention of the publishers it may not be getting results as you expected, the internet now is flooded with articles and you are not the only one submitting articles.

Aim for your articles to be the best and let the submitters or your self distribute it.

articlesubmitter, Jun 10, 2006 IP
  17. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    At www.articleaddict.com I can see which articles are being picked up and which are not. It's really opened my eyes as to what people are looking for.
    The bottom line is that It gets down to the quality of the article, size of the article, format and uniqueness.

Some well written articles come in with 300 words or less but there is not much interest, the ones with around 500 words, well written are the most popular by far.

I scan each article as it comes in and can't believe the amount of crap that gets submitted. Some people obviously don't know what a spell checker is for, or can't be bothered. They just think that anything they submit is going to bring them a heap of traffic.......if you think thats going to happen you are dead wrong.

If you are going to the trouble of submitting articles take a bit of time with it, make them around 500 words, try and keep the content unique, format it properly.
    It's better to write one article like that than to waste your time submitting 50 articles that haven't been written properly.
    It's quality not quantity that works for you.

One more point, it's not the PR of the site that your article is submitted to that counts, it's the PR of the sites that are picking up your articles that really count, I have checked out where some of the more popular articles at articleaddict.com have been published and there are many at PR6 and PR7 sites that receive a huge amount of traffic.
    Just think about it.

Cyclops, Jun 10, 2006 IP
  18. jodypalmer

jodypalmer Guest

Best Answers:
    FYI - I tried isnare. It's been two weeks and I haven't received approval of my article. I would try different websites :)

jodypalmer, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  19. cashcow

cashcow Peon

Best Answers:
    isnare can be really slow sometimes. The thing with most of those paid submission services is they submit to fairly low level directories. This can be good for very uncompetitive keywords but most of the time it doesn't have a low value.

I've found that most of the "good" directories don't take automated submissions so you are better off submitting by hand to the top ones listed earlier in this thread. My favorite is buzzle, but they require that the article be unique.

Lee

cashcow, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  20. aobunta

aobunta Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice So good

aobunta, Aug 8, 2010 IP