1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some Phrases Not Coming Up with Searchwiki

Discussion in 'Google' started by wallarookiller, Nov 21, 2008.

So I run a UFO Alien site and if you type ufo into google you don't get the feature of the search wiki?? Anyone else see any phrases that dont come up.

wallarookiller, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  2. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    Refresh the results page. It's probably cached from searching the term before the searchwiki was enabled for you.

Reseg, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  3. seoaddict

seoaddict Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried it with my 2 gmail accounts. In 1 accounts i found option for search wiki and in another one no option.

seoaddict, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  4. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    The original poster is referring to a specific PHRASE search result not having searchwiki options, not a whole google account.

As for you, you may want to try again soon with the account is wasn't working with because it took Google awhile to apply the feature across their network and some accounts are just now getting it.

Reseg, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  5. Hiccuple

Hiccuple Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I think searchwiki's been turned off. At least it's been reported as such at TechCrunch. I'm not sure what's going on, I guess too many denizens of the internet complained adn ruined it for us all. I thought it was a great concept and was glad that Google took the risk on it. I think it would have prevailed in the long run and led to even better results. Still, they should have allowed it as an opt in rather than force it on people, and they should have made announcement of such a large scale bucket test, if that is what it was.

Hiccuple, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  6. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    This didn't happen until this afternoon after these posts from what I can tell, so it's unrelated to the issues they spoke of.

As far as counting SearchWiki out, I would not unless it's been officially announced. Until there's official word, I will assume they found a problem they're working on. Could be a basic exploit, security problem, or an abused feature backfiring (*cough* public comments on websites in the serps).

Reseg, Nov 22, 2008 IP