1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone know NickD on this forum?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by postdeals, Jun 21, 2008.

Does anyone know NickD on this forum? Anyone have any experience with him??

He accepted to work on a PHP Project for me, and said would be done in 2 days. It's been 5 days, and I have not heard from him. I haven't paid him yet, but I really need to know if he's still working on the project so I don't have to look for anyone else.

If you know or have contact with him, please show him this thread. Apparently, he logged on last night.

It doesn't make sense. Don't know why he would be ignoring my messages. It's quite stupid if you ask me. He can say a simple 'yes' or 'no' and not make it hard.

Thanks

postdeals, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  2. twistedspikes

twistedspikes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Might be that he's just too busy to reply or even read PM's, or that he just can't do the work.

Honestly, just find someone else to do the work, if he's not going to be reliable, then he doesn't get the job.

twistedspikes, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  3. postdeals

postdeals Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree. It's just that it's been difficult to find someone that gets a good idea for what I really want and I was glad to find someone. Now to start over, is a pain, but looks like I will have to take that route.

thanks

postdeals, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  4. ShReYaS

ShReYaS Peon

Best Answers:
    Better wait for some time...

Or even mail him...
    You cant pay two guys in case he finishes later!!!

ShReYaS, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  5. IamZ

IamZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I know a NickD, maybe it's the same guy. He's had some stuff happening, but with a quick email...I'm sure he'd catch up with you.

IamZ, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  6. postdeals

postdeals Banned

Best Answers:
    I have sent him 2 emails, 2 pms, and many more instant messages, but no response. I can't keep waiting. But he will definitely have to give me a reason for being out of touch like this. This is irresponsible, and I'm definitely going to make sure everyone on DP knows about his working habits.

My last conversation with him was about 3 days ago, when he said the site is 90% finished and he was uploading everything to the server so I can see it.

Apparently that was pure bullsh*t as he never made contact after that.

He's been online everyday, but always has his 'away' message turned on.

postdeals, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  7. mimm

mimm Banned

Best Answers:

Find someone else! You have a strong reason for that, mate! You can't waste your time for unprofessional person, no matter how good he is. You have to make him respect you!

mimm, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  8. NickD

NickD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're ridiculous.

NickD, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  9. NickD

NickD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been camping over the weekend, Yes I have a life outside of programming, No i don't do it 7 days a week.. Just 5. Yes my Instant messenger probably kept going on and offline because of the ridiculous ammount of spam you left on it, Yes your project is done and no I have no intention of working with you further on it.

NickD, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  10. postdeals

postdeals Banned

Best Answers:
    NickD, let's not lie about anything now .. I don't know if you were away this weekend, but you were certainly available before the weekend with no progress..

According to my chat logs, on Thursday, June 19:

[08:47] Nicholas - Yeah my DSL shit out on my last night until this morning
    [08:47] Nicholas - I am 90% done im just integrating design with code
    [08:47] Me - Will u show me something today?
    [08:48] Nicholas - Yeah how long are you online?
    [08:48] Me - another 8 hours
    [08:49] Nicholas - Alright yes
    [10:37] Me - How's it all going?
    [10:48] Nicholas - Great
    [10:53] Me - Can I see? lol
    [10:53] Nicholas - Yeah il upload to my server one sec

after that I sent you countless messages asking you what you were doing, where you were, etc. etc. , but never once received any further replies.

You tell me how professional that was.. and don't tell me your DSL sh*t out on you again. That's not a valid reason, as you had my phone number also.

My sig is staying put, until you provide a valid reason.

Thanks

postdeals, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  11. NickD

NickD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You haven't been scammed, Why don't you just find a programmer that works on the weekend and go your merry way? I guess you can hover over me and ruin any potential i have for future work if that will get your project done faster. Sorry it didn't work out there has obviously been some communication issues I hope your business will survive this devastation considering you have nothing invested into it besides an abundance of messages clogging my log files. Your best bet is going to be overseas, Then you can get your full administration backend, user front end, design, house cleaned, dog fed, four new cats, a pony, a bag of carrots, and a limo for $200.

NickD, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  12. postdeals

postdeals Banned

Best Answers:
    Nick, your not understanding. I don't care if you went away for the weekend, good for you.

I don't care if I was offering $50 or $200 for this project. The fact that you accepted to take on the project meant that you can do it for the agreed upon price. Why are you bringing price up now? That is not relevant to problem here. If price was an issue, you should have never taken on the project to begin with. These are little petty things which you are bringing up much later than you should. They don't matter now.

Read the chat logs above.. You said you were uploading the files, then you cut all contact with me. Why? Don't tell me you packed up and went camping that very second. That would be the stupidest thing you can say.

I'm looking for a reason to the chat messages. Stop avoiding the obvious questions.

Thanks

13. IamZ

IamZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, oops...not my friend NickD.

IamZ, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  14. postdeals

postdeals Banned

Best Answers:
    yeah no worries. This guy finally responded to this thread as you can see, but he's avoiding the most important question.

'Why did he lose contact with me after he said he was uploading the files?'

15. 5ive

5ive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So did you get your work done or not?? By Nick i mean

5ive, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  16. lastclips

lastclips Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    and can we see the work? :D

lastclips, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  17. NYCSavage

NYCSavage Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any updates?

NYCSavage, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  18. eightmotives

eightmotives Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this the same nickd from webhostingtalk? I would be curious to know because he was such a lazy programmer.

eightmotives, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  19. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Tempted to give neg rep to the starter of this thread. Five days without hearing from someone doesn't warrant bringing this out in public, especially if you haven't payed anything yet.

LogicFlux, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  20. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm agreeing with you, but no matter, his ass got banned before I could drop his rep like a rock.

I'm not sticking up for Nick, but jeez, keep the skeletons in the closet unless you really got scammed. This is just drama and makes other programmers not want to work with you (though from the sounds of things you consider it working for you).

ErectADirectory, Nov 20, 2008 IP