1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write best articles at a short time span.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by g_bot, Nov 13, 2008.

I am nothing among the greatest of writers we have over internet, but still i have something i would like to share with all my writer fellows here. During my hectic lifestyle after college i learned that time runs shorter for me everyday. When I started blogging for my friends, some three year back i had a limited time frame in which I was supposed to write great articles as they said even about things i had never heard in my life.

It took me several days to develop the habit to get them what they wanted at the earliest and after years I am proud that it takes me less than 30 minutes to prepare a 1000 word report. Rest of the time i spend researching further about the topic so that I can include maximum information to my readers.

Here are some pointers you might consider following:

Be good with your ultimate tool: The keyboard

Yes! That's true even if you think yourself as a modern day writer, who knows about all software on his laptop you might not be that good with typing skills, reminds you off several typos, slow typing? That's exactly what I am talking about, start by improving your tying skills, learn how to type faster to improve your productivity.

Prepare small lines of raw ideas

As you start thinking/researching about your topic keep jotting down very worthfull thought you strike in your mind. It will help you recollecting everything easily while writing the article.

Keep editing part for later
    When you are writing in a flow deciphering your thoughts directly into text, don't break the rhythm to add an extra grammatical mark or fix a spelling. Be in flow, write down the whole paragraph or article to be better and do the editing afterwards, just like an expert chef work precisely to garnish his dish.

Just Represented my thoughts from a T9 Keypad in 10+ minutes, there is lot to be added and my fingers hurt!

<--- To be continued by other respected writers we have here ------->

g_bot, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  2. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I "write" my articles in my head long before I ever sit down to type them. The typing part goes a lot faster that way.

latoya, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  3. g_bot

g_bot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, that helps a lot! i guess all of us do that at a moment of day's work

g_bot, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  4. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree, LaToya. I usually write the first few paragraphs of my articles in my head while I'm in the shower. Or the outline. Whatever works. Doing research beforehand also makes the actual writing of pieces faster. :)

cd928, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  5. matthemattrix

matthemattrix Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for these tips.

I think that it's very important to not stop the flow when it's happening. Just let the words and ideas pour out in a stream, and record as much as you possibly can.

If the creative juice are flowing it's not that difficult to have over a thousand words down within an hour or even less. Then, you should have a break. Come back to it when you're a bit more detached and you can shape this raw material and pare it back so you have a clear, informative 500 words or so.

But I wouldn't try completing an article from start to finish all in one go. (I know some people can do it, but I definitely can't!)

matthemattrix, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  6. UncleBun

UncleBun Banned

Best Answers:
    thats help. thanks.

UncleBun, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  7. bizrocket

bizrocket Peon

Best Answers:
    You didn;t mention it, but I get vastly improved writing productivity by using Voice Recognition software.

bizrocket, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  8. WebHostAdvisor

WebHostAdvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I have found that research is the key. If I have done my research, the writing just flows.

WebHostAdvisor, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  9. Li Weng

Li Weng Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. I believe it's all about knowing exactly what you're talking about, so effective research and comprehension is important.

Li Weng, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  10. article writer

article writer Peon

Best Answers:
    I follow the below techniques,

First, I finish crafting the title to 75% or 100%. I do this by doing a tiny research about the subject i need to write.

This gives me clarity to think, to research, and to pick the meat(informations) fast.

This technique speed up my thought-process and I know exactly what I need to do even for any niche topic.

Second technique, I'll write the Introduction and Conclusion at the last.

Once i finish the body of the article, it is easy to write Intro and conclusion.
    Because in Intro, we need to say what they will learn,find, know in the article.
    And in conclusion, we need to just wrap up, summarizing the content of the article.

This method gives me speed to take action fast.

Third,

I just keep the gathered materials very close. I keep them in notepad and view them by pressing Alt+Tab.
    This thing gives me a spark and produce conscious-stream of writing. That's speed writing.

Fourth,
    While writing I will have around 5 to 10 windows open. Like, subject related articles,website, blog, gathered materials, etc

By practising this method, there is no need for me to spend time on thinking, automatically i get the creative juices flowing. So this method reduce the time of brain storming session.

Fifth,
    Rarely, I use article templates. But most of the time, due to the template structure stored in my mind. I write article fast.

The article template tells what to write in intro, body and conclusion, etc
    When i just peek at the template, instantly I get ideas, and sentences flowing.

Sixth,

I use pen and paper to takes notes.
    Since the speed of Creative juices flowing in our mind is greater than the speed of writing and typing.
    I just scribble in short forms in the notebook with smooth writing pen.

Lastly, one thing I would like to share,

Being organised to write articles is very important.

And I say thanks to the person who started this thread.
    Really this is a nice and helpful thread to all the members of this forum.

article writer, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  11. brianAwilliams

brianAwilliams Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all this great advice. In addition to everything stated above, a technique I use to help in writing articles is to "pick other peoples minds" on the topic. When I get a new writing assignment, after I've done some initial Internet research, I call a few of my close friends and find out what they know about the topic. You'd be amazed what your circle of friends, family and business associates know about the topics you are writing about. Furthermore, you now have a valid person (maybe even an expert) you can quote in your article--if that fits within your assignment.

brianAwilliams, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  12. sanjeewamad

sanjeewamad Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for advice. I think first one is playing a major part than we think. But often most of the people don't think it is important.

sanjeewamad, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  13. yogindernath

yogindernath Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can you give some tips for good technical article writing.

Thanks

yogindernath, Nov 23, 2008 IP
  14. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    Those all look like excellent tips...

I actually write several articles within an hour or so. It's fairly simple to do when you break up the different tasks.

For example, every Sunday, I select the niches that I plan to write about and then do all of my keyword research that day. Once I get all of my keywords, I create every title for all of the articles I plan to write. Then, I'll allocate some time during the week, and select a batch of titles to write articles to. Then, I just start writing, and before I know it, I've knocked out 7-10 articles in a little over an hour.

UltimateFreebies, Nov 23, 2008 IP
  15. mermaidsmile

mermaidsmile Peon

Best Answers:
    thx for your tips !!!!really useful .

mermaidsmile, Nov 24, 2008 IP
  16. damyantig

damyantig Peon

Best Answers:
    The articles I write are niche stuff, so it does take time.

What really helps me write faster is making an outline: a kind of structure on which I will base the article. This usually helps me do my research, because I would then read books, or talk to people, browse magazines or the internet with those points in mind.

damyantig, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  17. g_bot

g_bot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You all for replying to my thread and sharing your valuable tips.

g_bot, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  18. izwanmad

izwanmad Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips. really appreciate it.

izwanmad, Nov 28, 2008 IP