1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ALLINANCHOR - What the F....

Discussion in 'Google' started by mcdar, Feb 8, 2005.

Has anyone noticed allinanchor ratings going all to hell?

Our experiment page has been at #2 for allinanchor solid, since August 2004.

During this Google Event the allinanchor has started to shift wildly all over the place!

Some Datacenters show the page NOT FOUND for allinanchor. Others just now are showing it in position#219. Still others are showing it in position #20.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Caryl

mcdar, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  2. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using your tools I see I've been able to move up to #10 for the keyword I wanted
    so not sure

Haichi, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  3. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are some things I've found interesting while tracking a couple different keywords on the same domain throughout this update:

Datacenters: 66.102.7.99, 66.102.7.104, 66.102.7.105, 66.102.7.147

These centers have not moved throughout the update. Even when it was rolled out across all of the other centers, the 66.102.7.* block never changed.

Datacenters: 64.233.171.99, 64.233.171.104, 64.233.171.105, 64.233.171.147

These centers changed only for about 10 hours yesterday starting 4pm EST.

How do they relate with your UNAVALIABLE AIA Caryl?

schlottke, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  4. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have one site that was consistently top 5 for allinanchor, and now its nowhere for allinanchor. It was and still is a sandboxed site. At this point, now with the allinanchor rankings gone, I've pretty much given it up as a lost cause. On to the next challenge...

dazzlindonna, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  5. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, I have a site that is sandboxed, but has been allinanchor on the first page for months. A few days ago it dropped out of the top thousand allinanchor serps.

I'm just watching and waiting right now, since it was sandboxed it wasn't producing anything anyway.

Christopher, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  6. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Donna,

This Event is far from over! Don't give up just yet.

Have you seen the table I have been keeping for the experimental page?

Mind you... this is ONE page for ONE keyword search!

Datacenter Results february 2005

Here is the last 10 months record kept daily for the same.

Complete Results

As you scan down the pages history you can see that, in the past 10 months there has been nothing close to the changes that have occurred or the past few days. Allinanchor rarely varied across datacenters.

I am starting to see some changes in sites that ONLY on-page keyword prominance help them to plave well on. Those sites have been "hung out to dry" since late last spring! I have all but abandoned them. Now they are starting to rise from the ashes like the phoenix!

This is amazing and frightening both at the same time.

Caryl

mcdar, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  7. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    Saw the same thing yesterday for my sandboxed 8 month old site while trying to figure out why it went from 140 to long gone during all this.

No anchor ranking equals no ranking.

So for me, its site back and be patient. This is my $$$ site and producing x,xxx.00 x multiples greater than "1" a month just with MSN and Yahoo rankings. G would triple it and most likely take it damn close to xx,xxx.00 a month.....ohhhhh the anticipation.... Now....shiver me timbers....I gotta continue sitting tight and wait/hope G gets its act together.

Someone ragged on me in that other forum about this. But reality is, if your allinanchor is gone, what weight do you have to rank on? You know on page goes only so far....lol

I found it interesting and disturbing at the same time. So, back to being patient...lol

Cheers

gchaney, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  8. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How long will a site be in a sandbox

stephaneggy, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  9. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Caryl, a couple of things. I thought it seemed like allinanchor started to go to hell in December to me for a couple of sites. We were starting to build a tool to track it on our end, but put it at the back of the list as I thought that maybe G was going to take that operator away too. Not sure if you saw the same thing.

As for the sites that rank due to on-page only...well, I have an example for you and it is making me laugh and be scared all at the same time as well. We have a number of ecommerce sites and this happens to be our oldest site. It has Yahoo! and DMOZ listings and has very little in the way of links pointing to it. Well, a couple of days ago it was like someone sprayed Miracle Grow in the Keyword Tracker...it was all green. The funny thing is, that site was optimized for AV, Hotbot, and the rest of the old school crew and the sites around it in the G SERPs are the same ones it battled with back in the day. Glad I am leaving for a vacation on Friday.

chachi, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  10. 12FreeForums

12FreeForums Peon

Best Answers:

Only google knows. Their whole system is a mess. MSN really blows them away right now.

12FreeForums, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  11. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never really paid any attention to the allinanchor stats but in looking at it using the mcdar tools, it sure is strange. The results just don't make any sense. I hope this settles down soon. My heart just can't take much more of this :(

mopacfan, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  12. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    My site had consistently been in the top 5 for :allinanchor, now I cant even find it even in the first 500.

My KW rankings are also in the same boat.

Yea!

carowan, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  13. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think G may have goofed a bit with this update. Then again, I am a bit biased regarding this update.

mopacfan, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  14. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a site that was #3 allinanchor for the last 4 months, and now it isn't in the top 1000, although nothing has changed regarding links, copy, etc for about 3 months.

nadlay, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  15. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Maybe your rankings are better in MSN but their overall results definitely don't beat Google's...yet

Googles results are still fresher or more diverse.

Crazy_Rob, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  16. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Rob, you are crazy. :) Just wanted to say that. But, seriously I don't agree with that. I have been using a blog + magpie rss to include fresh content on the homepage of a number of our sites. I then use ping-o-matic to let all of the feed services know we have updated the content. For most of those sites, either MSN or Yahoo will rank that post at the top of the serps. Google does not. So, I don't know if I would say G's results are fresher. I think Yahoo and MSN are going to use the "freshness" angle to provide more relevant and up to date content to users. My 2 cents

chachi, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  17. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, silly question. When you do this command (or others that are similar, like the link command) will they only check for your index page or for all pages on the site?

wendydettmer, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  18. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    whatever page you tell it to

allinanchor:www. yourdomain.com/pagename.html

chachi, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  19. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All my allinanchor ratings are consistent.

From a couple of observations I believe that allinanchor (pre super bowl) means something more than simple anchor text from backlinks...I'm not sure what though.

For instance there is an old site on the web for mixed drink recipes; www.webtender.com. It ranks #1 in allinanchor for bartending. I've never seen a single link to it with the word bartending.

If allinanchor is going haywire maybe its because it measures something else also. Don't know, just a wild guess.

Dave

earlpearl, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  20. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    Personally loosing the allinanchor would scare the hell out of me. That's because my allinanchor went from top 5 or so to nothing all of a sudden for KW phrases I'd done well for. About a week later I fell off the charts in the SERPS and then Google started de-indexing my pages. So for me that wouldn't be a good sign.

lowrider14044, Feb 10, 2005 IP