1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will this page create appropriate google ads?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by kari7171, Jun 8, 2006.

Hi I just created a game page today. It is a blog and so far I am only getting blog related google ads. I know it takes time for appropriate ads to appear. I just have one actual blog entry on there but the rest is code in the template with all of the games on it. Is the Google adsense spider or whatever it is that comes out and reads the content of my page able to come up with appropriate ads by reading my template or shoud I make more posts related to games to get game related ads on there.
    Also let me know if the page loads. Two of our computers load it fine but it locks up the other one for some reason. Not sure why.

http://www.blogomonster.com/Games/

kari7171, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  2. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont see any content other than images, so my guess is that it will not produce too many relevant ads. some but more than likely you will get location relevant ads for the user

Danny, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  3. mirainfo

mirainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah content is extremly important

mirainfo, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  4. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So having tons of games on there in my template isn't considered content according to google? I sure can make a bunch of game related entries if that is what it takes.

kari7171, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  5. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I'll have to add a bunch of game related blog entries at the bottom then. Or also put text inbetween the images that is game related. Do you think that will help?

kari7171, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  6. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that google doesnt see it as we see it. There are some tools outthere (It escapes me now) that will show you what google will see.
    Most likely it will see something there but nothing too major, it wont see textual content.

Danny, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  7. finaldestination

finaldestination Guest

Best Answers:
    off the topic....

the page takes lot of time to load.....

why so many games on a single page?

make an index of the game at the location u have provided with small snapshits of the game....and one game on one page....

what u get is more pages to show ads on , u have an index page that is content, u can describe each game whennthere is one game per page...

finaldestination, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  8. brian394

brian394 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remember, Adsense only chooses to look at the underlying text (or content) on your page to determine what ads to show. It does not see or understand flash games, java applets, iframes, javascript, etc. In order to get game ads showing up, you need more text on your page relating to games. In this instance you are getting blog ads because of the number of times you repeat the word blog on the page...

"CREATE A FREE BLOG"
    "BLOG DIRECTORY"
    "Awesome Scripts and Codes For Your Blog"
    "Cube Buster Game At Free Blog Games"
    "Ms Pacman Game At Free Blog Games"

Plus you have the word "blog" in the title of your page and in your URL. You also repeat the word "games" a number of times on the page as well, but there are probably more advertisers bidding on the keyword "blog" than on the keyword "games. If Google looks at all the advertisers bidding on the keyword "blog" and all the advertisers bidding on the keyword "games" and picks one at random it will probably come up with a blog ad most of the time. If you want a certain section of your page to have more value to Adsense (than other sections on the page) to get a certain type of ad to show up, you should use Section Targeting. Basically all you have to do is surround the text you want to have more weight with these tags...

But don't go crazy with it. Remember what Google also says...

brian394, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  9. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thankyou everyone for all of you help. I guess I got carried away when I found I could put games on a webpage for free and kept adding more and more...hehe. I know I still have too many on this one I just read your post now. My page is a work in progress. I did go to a different place to host my page here is the new page. It still says blog in the URL but I don't think I'm going to be able to get away from that since it's really just a blog and they all say that in the URL. The ones I have tried anyway. That's a good idea about the thumb nail pictures and then having one game per page. I have no idea how to do that but I'll have to study up and figure more of this stuff out. I don't know if I can do that with a blog though. Here is the new page. Let me know if it's really slow too.

http://onlinegamesfreefortheweb.blogspot.com/

kari7171, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  10. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tell me if you think this is a good idea. I just make tons of blogs and make the one page with thumpnail pictures and then links to my other blogs all over it and then in each link there will be a different blog page with 1 game on it. Is that how I shoud do it? Or is that a stupid idea....hehe.

kari7171, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  11. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I already have a couple pages set up with games on them and the main page with small icon pictures. I know it's not exactly what you meant. I just made them posts on the main page. I'll have to figure out how to have pictures like that set up in my template. I already know how to put a hyperlink in there. Everything is running much faster and people are saying it's not locking up anymore. Yeaaay thanks for the ideas. I've been pulling my hair out up until now.

kari7171, Jun 9, 2006 IP