1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get Wire into SBI savings account from US-possible, cost & time?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by dura_killer, Nov 19, 2008.

Is it possible to get wire transfer from US in $ into my State Bank of India account
    what is the charges for it, expected time for the money to reach my account
    how do the sender initiate it?
    is there any other risk rather than giving my personal details, like risk of financial fraud with my bank account number with someone?

dura_killer, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  2. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    I think it is possible but no idea for charges buddy . Many good and well known banks of USA will provide you wireless transfer to sbi bank accounts .

atulperx, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  3. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is any charge for it and it will take around 5-7 days.

saurabhj, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  4. rome

rome Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, You can get wire transfer from U.S or any other country in your SBI account, There are no charges for incoming wire transfers in your account, The amount of money wired in US $ will be converted into Indian Rupees upon arrival in your account based on the present day conversion rate.

how do the sender initiate it?

You will have to visit the branch where you have the account with, Ask the officer over there to provide you with the wire transfer details, You will be provided with a swift code and bank address along with your account number which you would be already knowing.

Simply provide the above details i.e the swift code, bank name, bank address, your bank account number along with your name on the bank file to the person in U.S and ask him to visit his bank where he holds the account in U.S and provide the above details at the bank.

He will have to fill up a simply form and within 2 to 5 days the money wired will be in your SBI account.

is there any other risk rather than giving my personal details, like risk of financial fraud with my bank account number with someone?

There isn't any risk in providing your wire transfer details to the sender, In no way your account can be misused

rome, Nov 19, 2008 IP
    samadnet likes this.
  5. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, very true.
    Just want to say here that most indian banks do charge a processing fee of $30 to $40 for incoming wire transfers.

olddocks, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  6. farhantrader

farhantrader Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a client who has paid 8 days ago but i still havent received the money. Any idea if it takes this long?

farhantrader, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  7. Chiderah

Chiderah Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the swift code/sort code of State Bank Of India (SBI) ?

Chiderah, Jan 18, 2010 IP