1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone use a blog post as a landing page?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by domainer_10, Nov 14, 2008.

I have some product reviews on some of my blogs that are fairly well written and I've had some nice conversions just from the search engines from people clicking on affiliate links after reading my blog post. My question is how serious do people take a blog post AFTER clicking on an actual ad with adsense? Anyone had good sucess with using a blog post as a landing page? How do conversions compare to a more generic website or a site that has a more professional product review?

domainer_10, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  2. vcczone

vcczone Banned

Best Answers:
    if you can make your blog as a professinal review blog on a specific product..then you should have good conversation rate in adword..
    but naturally..blog+adword=low conversion rate.

but quality alwayes help to gain more conversation..also good quality rank in adword will help you to low your ppc cost.
    thanks

vcczone, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tested this yourself and do you think page layout makes a difference?

Can you specify wordpress or blogger blogs? theme quality used etc, because i imagine if a visitor clicked on an ad and landed on a poor looking blogger blog then understandably they may not stick around but on a pretty looking quality blog they may stay long enough to convert.

pipes, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  4. vitalink

vitalink Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I did and it worked very well. I did use a specific product.

vitalink, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  5. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

My blog is pretty decent quality that covers a wide range of topics on a niche. The review is pretty well written. It's maybe not all flash and dazzle though like a a more professional website geared for just one landing page, I guess.

domainer_10, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  6. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

You mean your blog is about one product? My blog is on a niche, but it covers a variety of topics on that niche.

7. bappag

bappag Peon

Best Answers:
    Most web users will know a blog is an online journal where bloggers
    post their daily or hourly entries (their opinions, views, info, links)
    on any subject that interests them. The most popular blogging systems
    are Blogger.com (owned by Google) Bloglines (owned by Ask Jeeves),
    LiveJournal, and many professional marketers use the free WordPress
    software which they can host on their own websites.

bappag, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  8. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Mine is hosted on it's own real domain.

Its not a free hosted blog!

9. rocky_noob

rocky_noob Guest

Best Answers:
    blog good for review site .blog will help you quality score

rocky_noob, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  10. PeakPPC

PeakPPC Peon

Best Answers:
    domainer_10, I have a done a little bit of work with this and found that my ad text and writing style are what make the big differences. If the ad text says "buy this product" and then they land at a review... there is a disconnect and conversions will probably be low.

However, if my headline says something like "<Product> Review" and the ad text says something like "I tried <Product> for 15 days, here is what I found out" there is no disconnect. I'm not saying that is great copy, but you get my drift. Someone that clicks on an ad for a review, and gets a review... will not immediately click away. This also has the side effect of lowering costs as people who are not interested in a review are less likely to click.

Another trick that I have found to be very useful is not to write as if you are the expert reviewer on the product... but instead more like "I'm a regular guy that was having a problem... and this product was the solution for my problem... here is why." I have found that people tend to believe and become motivated by other people that they perceive to be "just like them."

In short, yes. You can create a profitable campaign around a review blog. Just put a little thinking into your ad copy and make sure to track everything so that you can know if you are wasting your money or not.

PeakPPC, Nov 17, 2008 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  11. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great post, some really great info and somthing i think could easily bypass a lot of people including myself if not taking into account the above.

Makes a lot of sense, if the ad and review turns them off that onnection is lost quickly, kinda building trust with them landing on the page and pretty much finding what the ad suggests in so many words.

pipes, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  12. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for your input. Very helpful thanks.

domainer_10, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  13. evolveforever

evolveforever Peon

Best Answers:
    as all webmasters say " content is king " plus a neat layout of blog .

evolveforever, Nov 18, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  14. McDonalds|Chicken|Selects

McDonalds|Chicken|Selects Peon

Best Answers:
    blogs make great landing pages...haven you seen the person split testing dozens of weight loss blogs? I am using the default wordpress theme and have 8/10 quality score it is all about how you write your sales copy

pipes likes this.
  15. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

I hate the default theme in wordpress. It is so ugly. I actually had it for many months though before I changed my blogs. How successful have you been though, are you making a good return?

domainer_10, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  16. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post ;)

I remember Perry Marshall's book (Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords) but it's always good to remember this

+ rep added

Lastbutnotleast, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  17. WhizKidSecrets.com

WhizKidSecrets.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw a nifty little trick on a site yesterday. This may or may not help you in whatever page you're promoting.

The ad went to a one page landing page with a .jpeg of a videoscreen. The video talked about the product, but of course it was just a picture of the video in a player window. You couldn't click and access the video.

It had an opt in form under the video that said "signup here to see the video" and honestly, I signed up because I wanted to see the video. I was immediately redirected to the video page with the order button.

The point I wanted to make is - if you're going to spend any money on adwords, you really should make it all about lead generation and getting an opt in.

I know some people will say that this method doesn't always convert the best, and that may be true, but if you're sending the traffic to an affiliate link, you're just buying the traffic for the merchant and not getting access to sell that lead anything else in the future.

I try to always drive this point home with people - if using adwords, get the opt in.

My two cents. Thanks.

WhizKidSecrets.com, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  18. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

In other words you are getting them to click on the fake video image in order t actually click on the affiliate link and therefore get a cookie on their computer?

domainer_10, Nov 20, 2008 IP