1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows7 is just Vista, only worse

Discussion in 'Bing' started by drhowarddrfine, Nov 13, 2008.

1. kathun

kathun Member

Best Answers:
    Vista is great if you don`t look at its requirements^^

kathun, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  2. Mak213

Mak213 Guest

Best Answers:
    People are making these calls on a pre-beta build? Get serious. XP's Beta was one of the worst Beta cycles microsoft had. Right up there with the failure of the Codename Longhorn failure. Yet XP turned out to be the "best OS by Microsoft".

So to say Windows 7 is just like Vista and will be a fail is judging the OS before it is complete.

As it stands right now Windows 7 is Vista with some new features. The new tasbar, which can be reduced in size by using Small Icons instead of large, and the WinSnap and other new things that we have seen. This is all pre-bets stuff. Codename Longhorn was the SAME way. It was XP with new features. It didnt turn into Vista till it weint to the Vista Beta cycle in July 2005.

Windows 7 has a long way to go. It has not even hit the beta cycle, it has not had its code optimized, it has not had more new features added and it has not had its look changed yet. That happens during the beta in the later stages.

So to say that Win7 will suck is down right wrong. XP sucked pre-SP1 as well. It took to SP2 to get it right. Which was a couple of years after its release. I use Win7. Yeah it acts a lot like Vista right now. Yeah it uses alot of the same drivers and that as Vista. It is also the very first step in the process.

Do you say that a car looks bad when all you see is the frame? No. You cant judge Win7 by a pre-beta cause it is no where near finished. I use Win7 full time already. It is stable if you know what you are doing. It is a good OS already. The people who are judging it so far by comparing it to Vista and XP dont understand the Beta cycle that it has to go thru. Plain and simple.

Mak213, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Another person who did not read, nor understand, the article.

drhowarddrfine, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  4. shadow12345

shadow12345 Banned

Best Answers:
    +1 from my side :D

shadow12345, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  5. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    So far as I heard of, the name of next generation of OS from MS has changed from "longhorn" to "vista" and then to "windows 7" .
    Are they the same ?
    I think vista is very likely to MacOS .

justinlorder, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  6. SEOBOT

SEOBOT Banned

Best Answers:
    I prefer Windows XP Prof. as its more stable and good.I use updates rather than installing new operating system.

SEOBOT, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  7. cuteyoe

cuteyoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Leopard...simply better...

cuteyoe, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  8. Wunir

Wunir Peon

Best Answers:
    win7 will better just relax your all going to down it pirated anyway

Wunir, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  9. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For christ sake, it's just a PRE ALPHA ''release''.

You can bitch about it all you want after it comes out, but for now: Don't.

And for you drhowarddrfine, I bet you are the typical Mac fanboy. Comments like 'oh I have an UNTOUCHED Dell with Vista and it crashes once a week' don't make ANY sense. I myself have a PC with Vista, and it rarely crashes. And if it does, it really is my fault.. it doesn't ''just'' crash. Honestly, Vista isn't as bad as people say it is. Sure, it isn't as good as XP... but it's awesome if you have a nice PC :).

And:

[​IMG]

Aquarezz, Nov 17, 2008 IP
    zexy likes this.
  10. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    If the title is true then I guess I will keep using WinXP SP3 :)
    Maybe it does make sense to upgrade only if you buy a new PC.

That Kawasaki Ninja is not bad at all by the way...

zexy, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  11. Aweb

Aweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry but in my opinion, Vista is not a horrible system if you have a good computer with enough ram and CPU.

Its new Start menu with the search engine is better than XP's and except the new Network center I don't see any bad point (you can disable UAC).

Concerning Windows 7, I think it'll be the next step beyond Vista, Microsoft will try to innovate and do something more interresting than Vista with new features.

Aweb, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  12. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Heh. Never owned a Mac.
    So, it does crash, but you say mine doesn't, so you are right.

I just went in the other room to turn my sons computer off and, rather than plain shutting down, it crashed.
    Wait a minute. You are saying Vista, which is supposed to be the best OS around, isn't as good as XP that it replaces?

drhowarddrfine, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  13. mygalaxy

mygalaxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am sure the new version of windows 7 will be buggy, but they say it is supposed to be stripped down version so that it will run quicker on laptops, that would be nice.

mygalaxy, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  14. comtec

comtec Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just reloaded and went back to Win XP SP3. I had Vista Home Edition installed and had loads of problems. Hopefully Win 7 fixes this.

comtec, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  15. RazerZoneX

RazerZoneX Banned

Best Answers:
    I tried Windows Vista Ultimate & Windows XP. I would say Windows VISTA is better than Windows XP. It's my opinion though, I didn't have one single problem with VISTA! Windows 7 might have problems first than they will fix it. All OS had problems first than with Service Pack's it was fixed.

Thank You;
    Sean

RazerZoneX, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  16. texanweb

texanweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    texanweb, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  17. Emmy18

Emmy18 Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft corporation is doing well and new innovations will never end.we should always appreciate new born.would you don't like to change?

Emmy18, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  18. Yankee85

Yankee85 Peon

Best Answers:
    drhowarddrfine, you're soooo funny...

don't use vista/xp/windows 7/whatever if you don't like them. stick to your own PERFECT os and browser, and don't bother us, the brainwashed corporate consumers ;)

thank you!

Yankee85, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  19. Mak213

Mak213 Guest

Best Answers:
    What is there to understand? That the person who wrote the article has no clue what Pre-Beta means? That the Miulestone builds have always been known to be the previous OS with some minor tweaks.

I understand it completely. I also understand what Milestone builds are and how the Microsoft Beta cycle operates. Which the author clearly doesnt since he says:

Yes this is completely true. Why? Cause it is a Milestone build. It is not had the major changes done to it YET. That is not done till the BETA stages.

Maybe the author should understand what a Milestone build is and understand that the changes to the OS do not come till the Beta stages. Then maybe his remarks about it being a tweaked Vista would be relavant. Instead of criticized for being idiotic cause they are so far from the truth. This comment proves my point:

If he knew what a Milestone build was he would understand that the reason for this is because...wait for it....it is Vista! Just has some new additions.

Once it goes into beta and they start to optimize the code and bug hunt and do all those things that the Vista beta did to make it different from Longhorn and XP will it cease to be Vista and start to be Win7.

Mak213, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  20. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    So you are saying that Microsoft, in their attempt to create a totally different OS, used Vista as proof of a totally different OS.

btw, there are now 3 articles listed in this thread that all say the same thing.

drhowarddrfine, Nov 19, 2008 IP