1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Minor update to ad_network.php

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by digitalpoint, Jan 21, 2005.

Just a FYI... I put out a minor (non-mandatory) update to the ad_network.php file.

I also started stamping the date/time it was last changed as a comment (so people know how old their file is).

The main difference is it does better file locking. If you have a high traffic site, might not be a bad idea to update it.. but again... it's not a mandatory update.

Also, in case anyone is using PHP5, and missed this thread (and has been using the ad network since before that thread), you will want to update the file, as it addresses a change in how PHP5 works.

digitalpoint, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  2. Spacen

Spacen Peon

Best Answers:
    I just updated to the new code. I have 8 ads on all my pages. After the update only 5 work. The other 3 are just left blank.

Any suggestions?

Spacen, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  3. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    As I understand it the maximum ads you can have is 5. That must have been a bug to allow 8.

ProductivePC, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  4. Spacen

Spacen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm...I guess I must have missed that rule. I will change my pages to have only 5 then.

Spacen, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  5. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    I think you can display as many as you want but only get weight credit for up to 5? I screwd up awhile back and had 10 ads displaying instead of 5 and they all displayed just fine.

lowrider14044, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  6. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so how does this update work since I am new... Just upload the new ad_network.php file and I'm set

or do I need to make changes to other files as well?

Haichi, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    yfs1, Feb 11, 2005 IP