1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the future of Google Adsense

Discussion in 'Payments' started by kenny_pure, Nov 10, 2008.

guys

i am going to ask an important question.......

one of my friend is using Google adsense and now he is earning more 25 INR per month. Now he is planning to leave the job.......

is it the right decision??

please tell me What is the future of Google Adsense

kenny_pure, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  2. kumarg

kumarg Active Member

Best Answers:
    One should not depend on Google adsense purely as an earning source. I think nobody depends on adsense as their prime source of income.
    I am suprised to see the question. Previously howmuch earning your friend is getting for month.
    Now he is getting INR25 per means, I think previously his earnings may be arround INR 500 max.

kumarg, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  3. Fugato

Fugato Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't used Adsense ever, but never leave your job after earning money. The pay may not be consistent and you might go bust!

Fugato, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  4. kenny_pure

kenny_pure Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your reply and sugggstions...........

kenny_pure, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  5. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    25 INR or 25K INR?

sachin410, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  6. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is just an option all the webmaster use for side incomes,
    Rest of their incomes from different section like affiliates, advertisements, Link sales and so on..
    so i would say be sure and when u start getting constant income, then leave your job and concentrate fully on online earnings. IMO

Oranges, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  7. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    25 INR = $0.51 USD. How is your friend going to survive with $0.51 USD a month?

Meph, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  8. kenny_pure

kenny_pure Active Member

Best Answers:
    sorry 25k INR

kenny_pure, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  9. yasiralhayan

yasiralhayan Member

Best Answers:
    Future of Google and all google products is really hopefull, and i saw many sites with the earning of 1000-2000$ per month. e.g soft32.com and softpedia.com .

yasiralhayan, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  10. slavic

slavic Peon

Best Answers:
    This stable earnings for a while! I was confronted with a situation when money flow stopped.

slavic, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  11. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    Ad revenue is dropping across the board. Tucows just laid off staff because of decreased ad revenue on parked domains. Gawker Media is downsizing, focusing on their most profitable blogs, and expects ad revenue to drop 40-50% in the next year. In today's economy it would be risky to leave a steady job for ad revenue.

tobycoke, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  12. kenny_pure

kenny_pure Active Member

Best Answers:

u are right sir.......

i will try to understand him

kenny_pure, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  13. pmcross

pmcross Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, i would just enjoy the side money and keep with my steady job, who knows with the way the economy is, here one day gone the next....

pmcross, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  14. masteraq

masteraq Peon

Best Answers:
    Shut up, just shut up. You had me at "hello":D

masteraq, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  15. Night Owl

Night Owl Peon

Best Answers:
    Any form of income in these financially challenging times can be uncertain. Hardly any jobs are 100% secure either! Diversification certainly can help. I would suggest he build up his Adsense income, get 6 months at least savings in the bank, plus tries adding some affiliates, and also thinks about what other ways he can add to his income streams. Then, when he feels fairly secure, he could give it a go. I guess it also depends on whether he has a wife and children to support, a mortgage or rent to pay etc. If he lives with his parents and has less personal responsibilities, then it is easier to take a risk. But it's still doable even with family and more commitments- you just have to be even better prepared, and consider it to be less risky, than if you had none.

We do make our living with our websites (for a couple of years now), the majority through Adsense, but with some affiliate income too. We did not leave employment voluntarily to do so, but when the employment vanished, we took the chance and built up our sites, surviving on savings, and now earn enough to live comfortably. Is it guaranteed? No! But what is?! We also once again have a good amount of savings behind us, so that if things go wrong we have something to fall back on to survive until we can decide our next steps.

Now may not be the best time to decide to leave paid employment... but I would never actively discourage someone from giving it a go, if he/she has planned, realised the risks, prepared and is reasonably satisfied that it has a good chance of working out.

And while Adsense income may be on a downslide currently (we're down about 30% at the moment), as long as he takes this into account when deciding if he can survive on it, I think that in time it will go up again. People are always going to want to advertise- especially on good relevant sites- and the internet is an ever expanding field.

Often, once you leave work, you will actually work a lot more and harder than you did at your job, and you need to be a self motivated person, as it is easy to just think you'll do it tomorrow and slack off. But once it's rolling along the freedom is great! Your own work hours, take holidays when you like, and feel in control of your destiny. (Well, along with Google lol ) Unless of course your particular site requires you to be available at certain times, or interact on a daily basis. Then you have to work that into the equation.

Anyway, tell your friend to think it through seriously and not rush into anything. I wish him luck, whatever he decides.

Night Owl, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  16. kenny_pure

kenny_pure Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your precise comments and suggestions

kenny_pure, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  17. mojtata

mojtata Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those sites have 100s milions pageviews per month.They earn 10 000$ or more per day :)

mojtata, Nov 24, 2008 IP
  18. achi_ray01

achi_ray01 Peon

Best Answers:
    very nice explaination and it happen to me now as i am trying to look for money with adsense but i am still working too. someday in the nearest future the freedom will come....:)

achi_ray01, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  19. coolbudy

coolbudy Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey
    I my site only 3 months old and under constructor adsense not approved account.please help me

coolbudy, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  20. rchase14

rchase14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is not the correct section of the forum to ask this question. Becareful or you may get banned by a moderator for posting in the the wrong area.

rchase14, Dec 10, 2008 IP