1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Obama A Natural Born Citizen?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Oct 22, 2008.

1. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obama released a computer abridged birth certificate. The relased copy is a certificate of live birth and not a Hawaii certificaton of birth. A certificate of live birth can be obtained for foreign born children.

http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/index.html

For some reason Obama does ot want to release the original vault copy of his bith certificate. What hospital was Obama born in? Who was the attending doctor?

bogart, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  2. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't need to address these statements because I already have multiple times over in this thread.

The fact that you don't even try to refute it when I do, but just keep saying the same thing over and over again speaks loudly enough for itself ;)

You don't even have an argument to make. Just sew as much doubt as you can. Sounds incredibly similar to a certain failed presidential campaign strategy. :)

GeorgeB., Nov 16, 2008 IP
  3. csroster

csroster Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm no expert, but from what I understand:

Hawaii is not allowed by law to release the vault copy of his birth certificate, they can only release the short form by state law.

Obama is not hiding anything, as this form has already been released and is all over the internet.

The state of Hawaii verifies Obama was born in that state, and he has no way that he could renounce his US citizenship while being in Indonesia regardless of their laws.

Although I'm not sure who the doctor was, a simple search shows Obama was born in the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Hawaii.

In light of these facts, what reason would there be to believe that he isn't a citizen? This really confuses me, aside from rumors and gossip, do you have any actual evidence to even somewhat tip the scales of this argument in the favor that he isn't a US citizen?

csroster, Nov 16, 2008 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  4. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Besides the reason that he is brown and defeated their guy in a democratic election? What other reason do they need?

stOx, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  5. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, they don't.

They just try to sew as much doubt as they can without any actual evidence and pretend to be concerned. It's laughable.

GeorgeB., Nov 16, 2008 IP
  6. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alan Keyes Independent Presidential candidate 2008 has filed a lawsuit on Nov 12th against Barak Obama over the issue of Obama's status as a "natural-born citizen"

[​IMG]

There is plenty of doubt concerning Obama. Unlike John McCain, Obama has never been certified a natural born citizen.

Currently only a signed statement from the candidate attesting to his natural born citizenship is required. Obama has not provided hard proof unless you considering posting a photo of a computer printot on factcheck.org hard proof?

Why are you against the Courts reviewing Obama's qualifications as a natural born citizen?

bogart, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  7. mlao

mlao Active Member

Best Answers:
    He is from Honoloulou....:D

mlao, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  8. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    which proves what about your motives?

Give it up bogart, Take the defeat like a man and learn from it. It's hardly honorable to try to sneak in through the back door on litigious grounds after you were beaten fair and square. Your guy lost, Deal with it and stop being such a sore loser.

stOx, Nov 17, 2008 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The thread was started prior to the vote... so kinda hard to suggest the point was brought up because Obama won. You've said that twice now and it still doesnt work.

The other reason you suggested ("he is brown") inappropriately ascribes a racial motive to a question that doesnt have a racial component. Best to put the race card away unless the guy on the other side actually says something to make it applicable, which he hasn't. It's no doubt convenient to have it on hand, but if it gets used as a universal defense you'll wear out it's effectiveness.

robjones, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  10. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    right, so it's a coincidence that the first black president and the first president to have his nationality questioned are the same person. I find it amazing that you would even attempt to pretend that his colour has nothing to do with these flaccid, unsupported allegations.

stOx, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  11. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that Alan Keyes is black doesn't sway me any more than the lawsuit filed by the other fruitcake.

But the fact that you have a habit of holding up black people (complete with photo proof) to try to make it seem less likely that your only motivation is that he's black reminds me of a similar tactic where a Republican presidential nominee selected an unqualified woman to try and snag disgruntled Hilary voters. It's desperate, callas, and silly all at once :D

(note: I am not calling you a racist here. I personally believe you are just a fruitcake who fell for a conspiracy theory and you happen to be an equal opportunity liberal hater.... is there a word for that? Like ideologist?)

And so it comes to this. :D

No more ridiculous claims that you have evidence. No more ridiculous claims that you have facts to back up your claims or to even base your claims on. You just have "doubts". For no other reason than because the state of Hawaii hasn't been forced to release it.

Let me ask you something, and TRY to be truthful about this..... You don't believe he's hiding anything do you? For one the whole idea of him not releasing it just keeps the discussion alive and gives the people who haven't realized they lost yet something to fight for. It buys you time to let more nutjobs frantically search for some precedent. Some interpretation of the law you can point and go AH HA! It's just not going to happen.

But secondly, and more importantly, the birth certificate is just an ends to a means isn't it? ;) You need the long form vault copy just so that you can use it to investigate even more theories, harass the hospital he was born at, question his doctor, then question the university he received his medical degree from. Just try to sew as much doubt as possible.

So you see bogus, and it's what I've been trying to get across to you for pages now. This "doubt" you have is of your own creation.

Basically your trail came to an end when the state of Hawaii certified that his birth certificate is legit. You just need some more information to go on and that vault copy is your only hope. THAT is your real concern. Just hoping to find an un-dotted I, a comma misplaced, or a T uncrossed. Just be honest about it and this discussion can move more smoothly.

The whole idea that you are "concerned" as to why it hasn't been released is bullshit, and It's OK to admit that :)

GeorgeB., Nov 17, 2008 IP
  12. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it doesn't matter the color, Hes not really black anyway he's mixed. Dave Chapppel...He's Black.. Obama could be jap, russian, sweedish, etc... The point is, he has resided in many countries, and it is not an unreasonable request to provide a BC, when ordered by a court, as he was. Yet he refused, and put his legal hounds to work.

The question i find myself asking now, doesn't even have anything to do with his citizenship, Ive bout given up, nothings going to come of it....But here's my question....

Why is it we , as tax payers and citizens of this country, do not have the right to request a Birth certificate of the man that will soon be employed by us to run this country.

The berg case was thrown out, and i think that was wrong. I think Berg had every right to request Obamas BC, just like My employer requested to see mine.

We should have the right to feel confident about the man running our country. We shouldn't have to just accept his word, and his biased friends act factcheck.

simplyg123, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  13. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very simple answer to that question....

Because there are over 300 MILLION of us and YOU doesn't equal WE.

Get a petition, get 150 MILLION signatures on it, then start talking about "we".

14. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    :confused::confused:

So let me get this straight, it doesn't bother you at all that you have no right to request from the government officials, that WE as TAX payers employ, the same type of request that they require of us anytime we take a job?

You don't see the double standard there?

Are you truly ok with that or are you saying you are for the sake of your argument?

Sorry but i just cant get over this...You mean to tell me it doesn't bother you that the government, that you and i pay for, doesn't have to live up to the same standards that they expect you to live up to.

Thats just hunky dory to you huh?

I believe most people would have a problem with that.

I have a right to know who is running my country, actually, NO I DONT. The Berg case has proven that.

Do you not see the problem there?

Can you truthfully say that's ok? :confused::confused:

And to whoever the coward is who left the horrible rep, thanks, it was green not red

15. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ri
    McCains eligibility was questioned before Obama faced that question, so unless you think McCain is "brown" too it must not be a racial issue.

Again, if you try to play the race card when it isnt applicable you'll just wear out the batteries.

robjones, Nov 17, 2008 IP
    simplyg123 likes this.
  16. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to crush one more hope and dream about the whole Indonesia thing. :D

Barack as stated that he went to school in Indonesia for a while as a child.

The "concern" (ROFL) over this is that some people found out that Indonesia does not allow dual citizenship and Barack therefore must have denounced his U.S. citizenship.

2 Problems :D

1) A cursory trip on over to State.gov shows all the rules you need and debunks a lot of misinformed theories. Like the one where, because he was a child, his parents denounced his citizenship for him. Seems plausible right?... WRONG!
    2) Even if he had denounced his citizenship for a short period (he hasn't but let's say he did). We all have heard how long and tough the process of reapplying for your citizenship can be. I suppose the state department is just HIDING his reapplication documentation that would prove he had to reapply. :(

It's a silly theory based on some fact and a little misinformation. I can't call this one baseless because the fact that Indonesia doesn't allow dual citizenship and that Barack lived there while going to school is true, but the fact that he DID NOT denounce his citizenship while living there is also true. And unfortunately for the wackos, is the only relevant fact to this argument :(

17. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The United States Constitution requires that Presidents (and Vice Presidents) of the United States be natural-born citizens of the United States.

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born_citizen

Arnold Schwarzenegger is not qualified to become President of the United States.

[​IMG]

bogart, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  18. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    whats up with the mood ring Arnold? :confused:

19. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    whoa whoa there horse jockey, ease her in....

You asked a simple question, I gave you a simple factual answer. See, I can say factual because you did not dispute it, see how that works ;)

But you're outraged. :( Let me see if I can explain it better.....

A lot of people are under the misconception that every right they think they have is written in stone and able to be executed at their whim. They (you) are mistaken. There are also those who believe that because they think they should have a particular right because it makes sense, that they do have that "right". They (you) are mistaken.

Now I just stated that to make things clear but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you knew all that, you just got a little hot and bothered when the realization and the REALITY of my statement hit you :)

So you then made it about me. You asked what I think, if I'm "OK" with that....

YES I am OK with that..... here's why. The constitution starts off WE the people, not simplyg123 the people. Not we "a small group of kooks". But WE the people. I am so VERY thankful for that.

It means that I don't have to worry about a small group of people being able to impose their rights on US as a people. Sure I'm fully aware that sometimes even I will be in that minority. But that's what makes it fair! WE the majority of the people get to decide. If WE the majority of the people were demanding he produce his vault birth certificate, then WE the majority of the people could EASILY influence our elected lawmakers to make it happen. Period.

A small lesson in rights. There are different types of rights. Individual rights for one. What you are talking about is an individual right. You cannot exercise your individual rights in a away that effects others without their consent. For example you have the right to pursue happiness. But that does not give you the right to pursue it any way you please ;)

20. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    umm wrong...We the people includes every US citizen, including the kooks. Got news for ya Georgy, I am also "We"

And im glad you are ok with a government thats runnin on double standards. Im glad its ok with you that the government can be Above the law.