1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PageRank vs Traffic - what do you choose ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by -jay-, Nov 11, 2008.

1. blackhat33

blackhat33 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, people want PR because they think the PR will bring traffic! So, traffic is more important anyway...my opinion.

blackhat33, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  2. keym4k3r

keym4k3r Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I would go for PR6 with some traffic if it is genuine old site with nice inlinks network.
    If someone would like to sell me the site that has PR0 and 5k or 100k UV I will have to check statistics very carefully.
    I'd say that if the site is a couple of months old and has no Page Rank in spite of ...'bookmarks, social networks,forums'... it looks like something is wrong.
    This is a buyer opinion, but of course congratulations for your traffic and revenue.

keym4k3r, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  3. -jay-

-jay- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very interesting post.
    so you rather have a pr6, old site with small traffic. 100 uv daily.
    instead of a pr0 site with 10k uv daily.

-jay-, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  4. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with a high traffic site than a one with high PR because I am more concerned with monetizing my site with targeted traffic :)

dairyman, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  5. WebTechnocrat

WebTechnocrat Guest

Best Answers:
    Funny thing, i've seen a finance related website once - was aged, has PR3 and all subpages have PR2, everything genuine, but has about 5 UV per day, tragic SERP results.

So PR sometimes can be tricky, legitimate traffic could bring some money.

WebTechnocrat, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  6. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    traffic, traffic, traffic. It is hard to believe if you are getting lots of traffic that your site won't have at least pr3. I never seen a pr0 site get much traffic unless they buy it.

steveeyes, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  7. AndresS

AndresS Banned

Best Answers:
    What kind of question is this

AndresS, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  8. mirturk

mirturk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pagerank a tool for increase your traffic if you can use it. Of course each webmaster aims to get more visitor.

mirturk, Nov 16, 2008 IP
    login likes this.
  9. patzz

patzz Member

Best Answers:
    yes traffic means every thing if we need more and more money then the essetial factor is traffic. PR also important but i wouldn't be much help when site havent more unique visitors.

patzz, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  10. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely PR doesn't mean traffic, just as Alexa doesn't. but yes, so many people believe that having PR does help. and it does but only slightly. If you are selling domains, maybe you will get better deal for a PR5 page with 100 uv than a PR0 with 500.

vjlenin, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  11. zk200083

zk200083 Peon

Best Answers:
    both are important

zk200083, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  12. zk200083

zk200083 Peon

Best Answers:
    If your pr is higher than your competitor, google will be focus more on your site, when you search the same keywords, your can be ranked in the front.

zk200083, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  13. vikyshine

vikyshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Page rank is helpful to sell a site. It is what market wants although more visitors always bring more money.

vikyshine, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  14. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would choose pr since I'm getting most of my money from paid review. Traffic will not help if isn't targeted.

Chancey, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  15. johnkhoo

johnkhoo Peon

Best Answers:
    If I am into the links trading games, then i will choose PR. Else, I will choose traffic.

johnkhoo, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  16. xrvel

xrvel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I like pagerank because i like to flip (although i don't always successfully flipping a domain :D) and sell.

But for a developed and not for sale website, i'll choose traffic.

xrvel, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  17. rappu

rappu Peon

Best Answers:
    Today we were faced with the age old question: what is more important to a webmaster page rank or website traffic? In order to answer this question we must first answer a few other questions that come into play when developing a search engine marketing strategy: what did you expect from an SEO campaign and what is your ultimate goal?

It is amazing to know that not many people actually have plans regarding their websites other than making money which is a good goal but it does not provide specific steps in order to achieve this goal. Having a clear marketing strategy for your site should be the first thing that comes to mind even before you start to develop it. There are many ways to monetize a website, you could run advertisements or sell ad space, sell links, join an affiliate program, etc. you must choose one or a combination of these in order to generate revenue.

Ever since Google invented the page rank system webmasters and have been puzzled about the idea of increasing their website rank and manipulating the system. Simply put, page rank is a rating system which analyzes several of page and on page factors in order to increase the popularity of certain page on a website, factors such as link popularity, page relevance, unique content, and anchor texts used to link back to the page, linked authority of the sources linking in, are all taken in consideration by the page rank algorithm when evaluating a certain page. Webmasters look to increase their page rank because obviously pages with a higher page rank will appear higher on the search engine results pages and people will be able to find such a page without having to dig too deep, a higher page rank obviously represents more traffic for a specific site, this is one of the reasons why a higher page rank is highly ambitioned.

Traffic on the other hand, is the blood of every online operation, without traffic there is no business to be done and a site loses importance, so even if a website has a high page rank but no traffic it is considered dead. When people talk about conversions they are referring to visitors who purchased the product or service they offer, referred sales is what makes money in the world of cost per action advertising, and without a steady inflow of visitors there can be no sales.

If we compare both traffic and page rank you might conclude that they are both highly important, and they are but you need to decide which one is more relevant to the way you do business online. Pages which require a high page rank represent money due to the fact that they are able to pass on link equity to the pages or sites it links to, webmasters can take advantage of such pages in order to sell links to people who are interested in enhancing their search engine ranking. Have been a lot of traffic on the other hand, also provides a lot of benefits to website owners who run specific offers from cost per action networks, having a lot of visitors is what ultimately every Internet marketer wants because they can't be converted into sales or referrals; those who possess a lot of traffic can either sell it or direct it to customized landing pages.

I'd prefer the traffic.

rappu, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  18. Photon

Photon Member

Best Answers:
    Wow there are a lot of differing opinions on this. If I had to choose between PR or Traffic I would certainly go for traffic. I don't see any other logical answer. In order to convert you need visitors!

Photon, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  19. jackyork

jackyork Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't this a fake question? We need high PR because we want traffic.

jackyork, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  20. cmbhongkong

cmbhongkong Peon

Best Answers:
    of course traffic,,,-_-

cmbhongkong, Nov 26, 2008 IP