1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you know how adsense ....

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by maxftp, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    i wanted to know how does the google adsense detects the invalid clicks
    and how does the system works.

maxftp, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  2. Habitat

Habitat Peon

Best Answers:
    I figured it checks by..IP frequency or something

Habitat, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  3. triphp123

triphp123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IP Address
    If the AdSense click is originated from the same IP Address as the one used for accessing your AdSense account, your account is flagged.

Cookies
    Most home users do not use static IP Address for Internet connection. In most cases just disconnect and reconnect will give you a new IP Address. But don’t forget, Google has set cookies on your computer.

Other Google Services
    Thinking that you are safe just because you do not access your AdSense account? Think again. This time, consider these: GMail, Google Earth, Google Calendar, Google Search, Google Toolbar, Google Talk, Google Sitemap, Google Desktop, Blogger, and so on, and so on. With the wide range of services they provide, Google can trace the originator of most (or probably almost all) clicks.

Click Pattern 1
    Oh, why this computer / IP address / person is so trigger-click-happy on this particular website but never click on the ads on other sites?

Click Pattern 2
    And why is it that people accessing these sites direct (type-in URL or from bookmark) tend to be very active ad-clickers compared with those referred from search engine or other sites?

Click Pattern 3
    And why the ad-clickers like to hit and run, compared with non ad-clickers that surf a few pages before leaving?

Click-Through-Rate (CTR)
    Your CTR may range from 0.5% to 10%, but if it exceeds a certain point (probably around 10%), you are flagged.

Geo-Location
    Used Urchin (Google Analytics) before? Then you should know that Google can trace traffics origin down to the small town. Different IP doesn’t mean much. Unless you site is really targetted to one small geo-point, a high number of clicks from nearby location will get you banned quickly.

Hardware address?
    MAC address of the LAN card, modem, and router works almost like a fingerprint. I’m not sure if Google can track this, but probably they do. They have rocket scientist, remember?

Advertisers conversion rate
    Ad click is one thing. But does it bring value to the advertisers? If none of the clicks on your site translate to conversion to the advertiser, you are in trouble. First the Smart-Pricing hits, then your AdSense account disabled.

Search Engine Ranking
    Your website is not indexed on any search engine, not linked by any prominent website, but get consistently high traffic? That sounds like something is in play. Regardless of whether it is an adware-embedded software, spam, trojan clickbot, or intentionally installed click-exchange network, it doesn’t sound right.

Webpage design
    How about the “click here” or “support us”? Google has the best search engine in the world. Is it really that hard to find those words?

Combo
    Each of these detection methods might seem rather weak. But combine them together, and not many click-fraud can pass-through these filters. Even the smartest clickbot will have a hard time.

In short, it is almost impossible to cheat AdSense in the long term. Instead of spending time, money, and effort trying to outsmart Google

triphp123, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  4. maxftp

maxftp Guest

Best Answers:
    OK
    I got it. There is one thing remaining to me and that is "in how many days the google bans the publisher who is cheating".

thank for the information:)

maxftp, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  5. Saler

Saler Member

Best Answers:
    maybe its mainly IP address. but who knows google might have some hifi programmers who can detect these in a different way :p

Saler, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  6. Tarakan

Tarakan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very solid information provided. Thanks. ;) I agree with you with all the click pattern things. My statistics do reveal sometimes some Google employees from Mountain View California checking on my site rankings and index via Google search.

Tarakan, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  7. geekpriyan

geekpriyan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with all the Information except one thing. Its not possible to trace the MAC Address using a Javascript. Adsense is running in Javascript and with the Help of Javascript its not possible to read the Information about any Hardware components. So except this point everything else is really the possible i think.

geekpriyan, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  8. Robert Kennedy

Robert Kennedy Active Member

Best Answers:
    My girlfriend was asking about this. I just read it to her. Very informative. Excellent post.

Robert Kennedy, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  9. andyj00

andyj00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another one to add to the points above...
    I think Google woud be suspicious if a brand new site (domain) had a lot of clicks.
    In theory a new site shouldnt yet have a lot of traffic as this takes time to build up. Therefore should not have a lot of clicks also.

andyj00, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  10. BetterMarketing

BetterMarketing Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe IP address repeats are main concerns of Google, hence the reason why Google doesn't display ads for proxy users.

BetterMarketing, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  11. dustovshio

dustovshio Peon

Best Answers:
    Does google keep an updated proxy to discount clicks coming from proxy?

dustovshio, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  12. munnakv

munnakv Active Member

Best Answers:
    @triphp123
    Nice points there. But....

How authentic are these information?
    Is this official information from google or just guesses from experience?

munnakv, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  14. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You get banned forever.

SearchBliss, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    They appear to have an audit process that is run prior to a payment - so you only find out you are banned after you have earnt up to the payment threshold (however long that might take you).

sarahk, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  16. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't get the whole thing when you copied and pasted it.

This may be the original, 2006 June 14 EDIT: (I think it is the original, but with the amount of plagiarism out there.. who knows)
    http://www.cheatad.com/2006/06/14/how-google-detects-adsense-invalid-clicks/
    (seems to be down at the moment)

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Nov 30, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.