1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO for different countries

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kalseo, Nov 15, 2008.

Hi,

I have a travel website and i think to submit it to German, French and Spanish directories with anchor text in foreign language. I am not sure which will work best. I do not have German content on my website and i am not sure anchor text will work for Google.de SERP for example if keyword in German do not appear in my website.

Is it good idea to add German content in same page where English content appear or i should add German version of website? Does anybody have any experience with this? i need serious advice.

Kind regards
    Kal

kalseo, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  2. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    For SEO it would be better to add content in the local language. Links from local sites will help as well.
    Just don't mess English and German content as it will become a mess and visitors might get away.

zexy, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  3. PoemofQuotes

PoemofQuotes Peon

Best Answers:
    The single best way is to buy a domain using the specific countries top-level domain and put content in that language on the website, then seek out links from local websites.

PoemofQuotes, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  4. JW888

JW888 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've always added a section to the homepage that goes to specific pages
    for each language. I also use URLs in the foreign language as well as anchor text in the foreign language to take visitors to those webpages. I've been able to bring in visitors from countries that don't primarily speak english.

JW888, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  5. kenny_pure

kenny_pure Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can submit your site in all free directories..........

kenny_pure, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  6. kuzmanin

kuzmanin Peon

Best Answers:
    also hosting location is important. If you optimze for french, try to host the page or subdomain on french location hosting

kuzmanin, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  7. sweta

sweta Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to market your travel website in another country then other language translation is good. If you gain links from local domain to your website then chances of ranking will increases.
    to get local links from german website try to comment on German blog - .de
    use local social bookmarking website.

If you need help let me knw I am marketing one german website

Tell me what other things you are doing to market travel website?

sweta, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  8. brucejohns

brucejohns Peon

Best Answers:
    get domain and hosting from local country. And add the content in local language. That should boost your sales.

brucejohns, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  9. buchoman

buchoman Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not recommend "mixing and matching" different languages on the same page -- this would dilute your keyword/keyphrase density, and would have the potential of harming your SE rankings in English.

A preferable alternative would be to create translated versions of your individual pages in the various languages. You can then build links to the new foreign-language versions of your homepage.

For language translation, there are basically two different ways you can go (well, actually three).

Method 1 -- hand translation of individual pages. From a quality perspective, this method remains the optimal solution, but this would be the most expensive. Hand translators can also target the best keywords in the foreign languages (machine scripts can have trouble with this).

Method 2 -- run an automatic script on your website to convert the pages to foreign languages. Again, quality will not be as good as for hand translation, but this approach saves money. If you do this, make sure that you use simple (and very literal) language in your English-language copy (avoid using metaphors, etc. because these do not NOT translate well automatically).

Method 3 -- Use Method 2, but then ask a native-language speaker to "tweak" the cached content of your foreign-language pages. This approach can strike a balance between quality concerns and budget constraints.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

buchoman, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  10. robertgallagher

robertgallagher Banned

Best Answers:
    you should upload your unique video in youtube, Metacafe, with local language and local search engine.
    exchange banner from local sites it will improve your visitor as well as SERPS

robertgallagher, Nov 19, 2008 IP