1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plsssssssssss Help Me

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jordon, Nov 14, 2008.

hi!!! everybody am new for seo i know little bit about seo....... i heard google doesn't support paid link it makes as a spam so my question is how to know whether the site has paid link r not?

jordon, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  2. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use your head

1.) If it is linking to an unrelated site, it will most likely be a paid link.

2.) Look for insertions that look unnatural.

3.) See whether it is no follow or not. If it is a no follow, chances are that it is a link bought for advertising, and not for PR juice.

gr8liverpoolfan, Nov 14, 2008 IP
    kanwarjot likes this.
  3. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. You are NOT penalized for incoming links
    2. Google does NOT penalize all paid links

So what is the worry?

Google is NOT the only company entitled to make money online. There are way too many rumors and way too little truth and facts.

internetmarketingiq, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  4. NickF

NickF Peon

Best Answers:
    So, basically, ignore everything "gr8liverpoolfan" said. I've got a few minutes, so I'll address everything he stated and tell you why it's wrong:

1.) Most people buying links tend to shop within their own niches, for maximum benefit. If a site seems to have an arbitrary link there are a hundred other reasons for it which make more sense than paid links (e.g., sites are owned by the same person, one site has performed a service for another, etc.)

2.) What, exactly, is an "insertion"? Dude, seriously, DP is a fun forum to read sometimes. But if you don't know fuckall, please refrain from answering questions which are beyond your scope.

3.) If you're willing to shell out the money for a link from an authority website, you're not going to want a nofollow link-- it doesn't make sense. When a link is nofollow, the only benefit you're receiving is the potential for referred traffic. The practice of buying links is almost strictly for the SEO benefit- otherwise it's advertising.

--

Now that we're through with that, it shouldn't matter to you whether a website has paid linking or not. That's the Search Engine's concern -- unless you're intending to purchase a link from them and you're worried that their sales tactics are so blatant that they'll be deindexed, thus devaluing your own link.

EDIT:
    Yes.

NickF, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  5. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually gr8liverpoolfan made good points..NickF - people still buy links only for pr, I get many offers for civil engineering site where people want to advertise herbal products :eek:

kanwarjot, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  6. NickF

NickF Peon

Best Answers:
    My point was that if you see a seemingly arbitrary link, your first thought should NOT be "paid link." Especially when it's regarding an authority website. Still disagree?

NickF, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  7. jordon

jordon Guest

Best Answers:
    thankx friend your suggestions are very useful to me

jordon, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  8. varun_pandula

varun_pandula Member

Best Answers:
    Nice thread got to know about back links, i am new to blogging and this information will really be helpfull i guess.

varun_pandula, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  9. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to view it spage source. If you don't see any nofollow tag then its definitely a paid post.

Chancey, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  10. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    gr8liverpoolfan and NickF have given some good arguments. I would agree with NickF that most people now buy links from the same niche so that makes it even more difficult for bots to detect if link is paid.

I keep some unpaid links as well as paid links on some of my sites, there is no way a bot (or even a person) can find which ones are paid links. You can buy / sell links but you just need to be careful about not doing it 'publicly' (I have made that mistake once). :) Send your URL only in PMs.

jitendraag, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  11. gr8liverpoolfan

Best Answers:
    1.) Why do people shop within their own niches ?

It is to ensure relevancy, and to make the links look more natural. But as you would already know, there are no dearth of sites on the net that link to all and sundry- a sports site linking to penis enlargement for example.

Those are the kind of guys you'd want to avoid buying links from. If a crackdown really began, these guys would be the first to get the whip.

2.) Insertion. A link within a post. An incontent link.

3.)The real high traffic authority sites will NOT give you a link with the do follow link these days. The authority sites that allow you a do follow link are still the small fish. The bigger ones have a wide audience, and they will not intentionally flout Google's guidelines.

gr8liverpoolfan, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  12. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's odd, I think that's the most difficult type of paid link to detect. Look at any 'personal blogger', these guys insert links for all sort of sites (not just wikipedia and IMDB) within their posts.

jitendraag, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  13. gr8liverpoolfan

Best Answers:
    It is the most difficult type of link to detect should it be done well.

If I see a short blog post with three links to the same site, I for one, would think that it was sponsored.

gr8liverpoolfan, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  14. JW888

JW888 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make your links look as natural as possible. Some people still use paid links.. but they use their heads, and make them look natural.

JW888, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  15. drivetime123

drivetime123 Peon

Best Answers:
    some good info in here :cool:

drivetime123, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  16. johnsunvalley

johnsunvalley Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't exchange links with site without any relation with yours.

johnsunvalley, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  17. xander1083

xander1083 Banned

Best Answers:
    the key is to get as much related links as possible and not rely on paid links just make it as normal as possible.

xander1083, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  18. paulsmith259

paulsmith259 Member

Best Answers:
    Also consider that a lot of people offering to sell you a link have bought drop domains. Ensure that you do your research thoroughly to ensure that you are not paying over the odds for a link with a false page rank which will page ranking with Google

paulsmith259, Nov 17, 2008 IP