1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords. Do you advertise "outside the US?"

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by BOG, Jun 8, 2006.

Just curious what options people use on Adwords as far as advertising outside the US or not? It's seems to me that advertising to other that US, GB, Australia, you might run into more fraud risk. What worries me is that when you advertise to "all countries" that if someone buy from you from a high risk country with a stolen card and you're unfortunatly using PayPal, that your going to get your account locked.

Do you guy here who uses PayPal and PPC advertise "all countries" or do you narrow it down to a few of the less risky countries to keep the fraud risk minimal?

BOG, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes using WorldWide has more PPC fraud risk and more credit Card fraud - but not so much that you should stop using its revenue.

Normally I create 3 identical campaigns with different country targetting, different bid prices and different network settings:

- 1 campaign targeting US with a bid of $0.50 for example and targeting Google search, Search Network and Content Network

- 1 Campaign Targeting other 8 ~ 15 countries main depending of your product bidding $0.35 targeting Google search and Search Network

- 1 Campaign Targeting World bidding $0.15 targeting Google search network only

I use AdWords API to keep all 3 campaigns identical (adgroup structure, ads, keywords, etc..)

Also the campaign Targeting World is nice to move the keywords from it time in time replacing the 2 other ones due it has a strong quality score (no competitive countries, high position = high CTR)

Micromag, Jun 8, 2006 IP
    RaZoRLeGaCy likes this.
  3. RaZoRLeGaCy

RaZoRLeGaCy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WoW micromag you got it down to an art. I definitely learned something on this thread.

I personally pick countries that I advertise on but I never thought to make different campaigns. Ingenious strategy. There really is more to getting high CTR's then just writing good ads.

Thanx for the big Tip.

RaZoRLeGaCy, Jun 10, 2006 IP
  4. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also choose the countries to which my ads should be displayed. I only show my ads for industrialized countries and leave off third world countries.
    This is because most paying customers are likely to come from industrialized countries.

ablaye, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  5. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

What is the relation of industrialized countries and third world countries?

Could you please give us an example of a non-industrialized country that has Internet access and you think we should filter out?

Micromag, Jun 12, 2006 IP