1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question: Where to place Adsense in small column?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Dan Kenitz, Nov 14, 2008.

Hello everyone,

I have a question. Check out my site and please tell me if there's a graceful way to put any adsense ads above the initial post headline. Right now, the initial post headline is "Teachers Admit: We Hate Competition."

I'm looking for a banner-type ad that would fit up there, but unfortunately the Google ads they provide are too wide for that column. The smaller ones leave too much white space.

Does anyone have any idea where I could put my ads? I will consider the sides, but if you have other ideas, let me know!

Thanks.

Dan Kenitz, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  2. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    I should note that I'm having some trouble putting ads up on the sidebars because they're usually handled by widgets. And I think Google took down my ads once before when I tried to put them into a widget.

EDIT: Wait, I think I have that figured out at least on the sidebars. But I'd still like your thoughts.

Dan Kenitz, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  3. chizarium

chizarium Peon

Best Answers:
    i would definitely put your ads right above your first headline and i would use the large rectangle size

you might think it looks funny but that size at the top of the page has proven to get you the highest CTR

chizarium, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  4. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    Large rectangle size - which are you referring to?

Dan Kenitz, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  5. MikeHayes

MikeHayes Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think you can put two small rectangles there, in a table maybe.

Have a look at my booker site, scroll down and you'll see I have three next to each other so you could put two in your space.

Mike

MikeHayes, Nov 16, 2008 IP