1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone look at the SEO of this wordpress site?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by ~kev~, Nov 13, 2008.

This is my sons site I put together for him. Its based around a computer game called Team Fortress. The website is built with wordpress.

Link - http://www.fortresstraining.com/

The target nitch is "team fortress" and then keywords such as "training" and "forums".

The domain name was bought in July of 2008 and the website itself has gone through several changes from July to November. The site was first built with Mambo, but I did not like the results. MKportal was used next, did not like the results and finally switched to wordpress.

There are a couple of issues I am worried about, one is keyword spam. With the tags listed twice on each page - once in the article and once in the right hand column, can that have a negative impact on the sites ranking?

An SEO package has been installed on the site.

When in the categories, the title of the site goes: site name - category. Notice the "-" between the site name and the category name.

When viewing an article, the title goes like this: Site name - category article name. With no "-" between the category and article name.

The site has a site map generator that updates to google and msn everytime a new article is posted. This site map is also tied in with my google webmaster tools. I can post an article, and within a couple of hours google already has the changes indexed and listed.

Any suggestions on how to improve the SEO to grab more SERPS?

~kev~, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  2. pareshprince

pareshprince Active Member

Best Answers:
    change keyword in meta tags because there is no comma(,) between two keyword so first you have to change keyword tags. and write proper description regarding your website.

pareshprince, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  3. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Optimization Score: 98%
    Not all images on page have width & height dimensions: Make sure all img tags have height & width attributes.
    Link URLs contain querystrings: Rewrite links to work without using querystrings.

gsv13, Nov 14, 2008 IP
    ~kev~ likes this.
  4. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After I posted this thread, I removed the seo package I had installed, and went with a different one. The URLs look a lot better, at least to me.

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

~kev~, Nov 14, 2008 IP