1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help marketing my business

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Linds_e, Jun 7, 2006.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can market my particular business? I produce videos. My Goal is to do 2 video per week and secure a few Businesses that will need ongoing Video services and to accomplish this in 2-3months.

So far I have joined online Networking Groups, flyers, offering free videos to develop business by word of mouth, attending Business Networking functions, and will be looking into local wedding and baby shows as well as mailing letters to targeted business and Funeral Homes. I have a 0 to low budget.

Also they say that it's good to be able to describe your Business to someone in 7 seconds or less that will be interesting and capture someone's attention because you only get one chance to make a good first impression. Can anyone give me a quick blurb about 7sec of what I could say to someone describing what I do?

I use Photographs to create heartfelt Videos for any occasions such as Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries etc. and I provide business services to businesses in need of Trade Show Videos, Promotional Videos, Video Presentations as well as Video Portfolio or Resume.

Here is the temporary link to my site: www[.]freewebs[.]com/videodiary

Thanx

Linds_e

Linds_e, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  2. Linds_e

Linds_e Peon

Best Answers:
    Any suggestions?

Linds_e, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  3. 220volt

220volt Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make car bumper stickers with your logo and give them out to your friends and families first and then offer them free on your website.
    Think about how many people will see bumper sticker just on your car. Imagine 20 bumber stickers in different states.

220volt, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  4. rmccarley

rmccarley Peon

Best Answers:
    Start building a list to send periodic email newsletters to. SEO your site for more traffic/conversions. Put your site in the review forum here... the first thing I'd say is get rid of the splash screen. Write articles for distribution to build your reputation and to get links to your site.

rmccarley, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  5. aboyd

aboyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems odd that you, in the industry and the one with the most knowledge of your own skills, want strangers who know nothing about your job to come up with your job description. You need to think about the jobs you want, and then tailor your description to that.

I no longer tell people "I'm a Webmaster." Because they would immediately ask for 100 free graphics & logos. Now I tell them "I build Web sites using PHP and MySQL." Suddenly the people who would care about what I do perk up, and the people who were hoping I was a free graphics machine wander away.

-Tony

aboyd, Jun 8, 2006 IP
    rmccarley likes this.
  6. rmccarley

rmccarley Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice! I tell people I do online marketing but maybe it's time for me to update that. Thanks... much to consider!

rmccarley, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  7. Linds_e

Linds_e Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the helpful advice. All your advice will help me a lot and I will post my site for review in the forum.

And thanks aboyd for your tips, sorry if I gave the impression that I wanted for strangers to write a job description for me but I know my job and my job description but I seem to get stuck with how I word my description I was really looking for a better way to describe my business just like the example you gave, instead of "I'm a Webmaster" you say "I build Web sites using PHP and MySQL" so the job description Included here:

"I use Photographs to create heartfelt Videos for any occasions such as Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries etc. and I provide business services to businesses in need of Trade Show Videos, Promotional Videos, Video Presentations as well as Video Portfolio or Resume"

I was looking for ideas as to how I could improve the wording I was using in my job description.

Linds_e

Linds_e, Jun 8, 2006 IP