1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Get 15,000 Visitors From StumbleUpon In 1 Month

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by amosgoh, Nov 1, 2008.

1. krashok1990

krashok1990 Guest

Best Answers:
    i too get lots of visitors from su. my max su traffic is 60000

krashok1990, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  2. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by this? You need more stumbles to get the traffic "surge" from SU so it doesn't really matter how they identifies us.

Even if they identify by IP, why would you need to refresh it? Are you asking this because you are afraid that stumbling too many sites will get banned?

amosgoh, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  3. agabob

agabob Peon

Best Answers:
    No I'm asking because you said that you need other people to stumble your site and in exchange you stumble theirs. I'm trying to understand how SU determines who is "you" and who is "other people" - by IP or user name.
    In both of those situation we should be able to do it even without a network of friends - especially if we have several websites. I'm just not sure still how do they recognize us. You said before that the traffic dropped when you stumbled you page few times but did improve when someone else did. I hope I explained what i'm asking LOL:(

agabob, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  4. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I kind of understand your question now. My guess is they determine by username. But if you were to create your "own" network of SU accounts and stumbled your own stuff, I cannot guarantee that you will not get banned 1 day by SU.

Do that at your own risk or as a form of experiment. But let me warn you that this is consider "black hat" technique.

amosgoh, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  5. udayns

udayns Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. can i get UK traffic for my sites from StumbleUpon?

udayns, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  6. agabob

agabob Peon

Best Answers:

No offense but now you made me laugh. It is as much black hat as asking someone else to stumble your site. Both methods are unethical and very much I believe against SU rules. It's not like your friend "stumbled" on your site.

agabob, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  7. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    ethical?? Which ethic are you talking about?

Kinda funny :p

icpathi, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  8. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess your pretty much don't understand what social media is all about. I urge you to take a look at my latest post before putting in any response here.

Social media is a place where people connect, share information and to make friends as well. I feel 100% ethical to vote for my friends article or why are they called my friend? And in return they vote for my article when they see that my content is of good quality.

But in your case, you are suggesting to vote for your own article by creating multiple accounts. This is like creating multiple blogs and inter link to one another. And this type of technique is known as "black hat"

Hopefully you get a better idea as to why the method you suggest is known as black hat while having friends to vote for you is not. Is it black hat when you linked to your friend blog and he link to you?

Sad to say but SU is not a channel to get targeted traffic. If you only want to have UK traffic, you need to use PPC advertising or SEO. Traffic from SU is random and comes from all countries.

amosgoh, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  9. hardycapo

hardycapo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for doing the experiment. I had no idea that there were better times than others to stumble.

hardycapo, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  10. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    And you need not be sad to say that. All the traffic one generate from your methods are free and every single hit we get from this free traffic source is just an extra bonus for us only isn't it?

How many stumbles got you 1500 visits in couple of hours from stumbling?

Say 5 stumbles got you 1500 visits in couple of hours. So, Do I need 150 new stumblers a month so that 5 different stumblers stumble my articles everyday for 30 days?

And another question, if I have to get stumbles between the time 12pm - 2pm as you said, all 5 stumbles should be within that time?

icpathi, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  11. rajupp

rajupp Peon

Best Answers:
    honestly, I find the whole thing very tough.
    Couple of times I got a huge surge of SU traffic and my site bombed, God knows how I got stumbled so much.
    when i write a real good post and stumble it myself, it hardly gets popular. I have almost stopped trying :|

rajupp, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  12. modpeng

modpeng Peon

Best Answers:
    How does StumbleUpon know which is your article, anyone?

modpeng, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  13. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty true. Extra traffic are just a bonus for webmasters.

My observation is as such:

1st hour of discovering article with 3 stumbles = less than 100 traffic
    2nd hour of discovering article with 8 stumbles = less than 150 traffic
    3rd hour of discovering with 12 stumbles = less than 300 traffic
    4th hour of discovering with 15 stumbles = less than 800 traffic
    5th hour of discovering with 20 stumbles = Approximately 1200 traffic
    6th hour onwards with 20 stumbles = traffic slowly increase to 1500

No you don't have too. The key lies with the first person that discovers/stumble your article. After which, it doesn't matter who stumble your article. You just need more number of stumbles from anyone.

I have explained this in the time format above. It should be able to answer you on this question.

amosgoh, Nov 13, 2008 IP
    icpathi likes this.
  14. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    When people reach your website and click on the about page if you have one. And most bloggers have created an "About me" page which is essential to identify ourselves in this masked world.

It would be seem by the SU members that you are just interested in promoting your own articles and will be deemed as spam by them.

amosgoh, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  15. modpeng

modpeng Peon

Best Answers:
    So you suggest that SU flags every website which you stumble more than 1-2 times a week?
    That is very possible indeed.

modpeng, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  16. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    If I understood it correct, only the first 3 and 8 stumbles are should be between the two hours duration and rest of the traffic can be after them? Right?

And You have not replied me to my comment placed in your blog 'what is RSS'. Please have a look at it.

icpathi, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  17. kakashi777

kakashi777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Im still kinda confused, can you elaborate how this works or am I having bad luck. Lets say you stumble your own website, and use a different name or whatever. In a sense viewers cant really tell the difference. So what gives? Do I have to tell a friend "hey stumble my article and website" in order for this to work? Do i have to make friends on stumble upon and exchange stumbles with them? Seriously Id like to know how exactly this works

kakashi777, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  18. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    If you haven't, then create an account in stumbleupon. Add friends their. And ask them to go for a mutual stumbles with you. What ever you said was correct.

icpathi, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  19. brinkle

brinkle Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow is this really worked I am trying form a long times on stumbleupon but cannot accomplished now after reading your post again I will try it.

brinkle, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  20. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, only the first 2 hours matter a lot for SU.

Sorry icpathi. I was sick for the past few days so my activity online was pretty low. Will check it and response asap. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

amosgoh, Nov 14, 2008 IP