1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

suggest a cms good for my design.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by akanesakura, Nov 12, 2008.

hi everyone,

i need help in choosing a good cms for my portfolio website. i planning to create a 1 pager website. here is the structure of my website i'm planning to create:

[​IMG]

i need a cms where i could edit it on frontend mode, what i mean by frontend mode is i don't have to login in like "mysite.com/WP-admin" or "mysite.com/administrator". i had used joomla and wordpress for not to long.

if you have some suggestion or technique in using joomla or wordpress, i'm open to it.

i'm open also to new cms, just include the pros and cons of the cms, if you have time.

thanks everyone!

akanesakura, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  2. Mark.C

Mark.C Guest

Best Answers:
    textpattern is another popular one. you should look it up :)

Mark.C, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  3. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can easily make such site in drupal in just 30 min.

aap, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  4. DeanKennedy

DeanKennedy Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally this seems at odds with what a CMS does.

If you want only a "front end" mode -- then I don't think a *Content Management System* is the right framework for you. It requires some kind of database to run (separating content and presentation) -- whether a flat text database or something like mysql, that's the whole point of a CMS.

Wordpress is simple. You can -- when logged in -- have your content pages show an "edit this" link -- ONE single click, change the content, click SAVE. Page is changed.

I think also having front-end only would be hard to edit a menu / navigation bar -- as it would be separate on each page and each time you change it, you'd have to manually change it on every page.

Having a template and a CMS, it keeps updated automatically. Then even to edit fixed elements, it's only 3-4 clicks and you're there.

I've seen -- and USED -- front end editors, they're around of course, but the ones I know of are not CMS-based and you can only change a section of a page at a time. You just get the ability to edit between tags you set up -- nothing really like the powerful features of a CMS.

Cheers,

DeanKennedy, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  5. akanesakura

akanesakura Peon

Best Answers:
    @all thank you for your replies!

@DeanKennedy's, i'll try to use wordpress on this one.

akanesakura, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  6. jkookserv

jkookserv Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is the best choice for you.

jkookserv, Nov 14, 2008 IP