1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SEO Dying ? i don't believe that.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lqyromeo, Nov 12, 2008.

I found a very interesting article about SEO that makes a number of good points about how the SEO "industry" is quickly dying off, and anyone who is basing their career on that type of work will need to quickly adapt to changing market conditions within the next three year or find a new job.

Quote:
    If you are a company who employs an agency to provide Search Engine Marketing expertise, fire them. First, take the principles of search engine optimization (write focused content and use clean code) and have them distributed among the important personnel (development, marketing, sales, etc.). Make SEO organic, integral and integrated into your organization. Dont "do" SEO. Dont make it a separate function. Make tracking it part of your marketing effort.

Here i want to express my view of point, i really don't agree with above comment, if seo is not a professional occupation, why does it last so long?

lqyromeo, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  2. abigail

abigail Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is an online marketing... and marketing is continuing process that every business or company has...

abigail, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  3. needforumposters

needforumposters Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is dying imo , killed by paid blog marketing...

needforumposters, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  4. hardycapo

hardycapo Peon

Best Answers:
    It won't die, it will just change as times change.

hardycapo, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  5. Commenter

Commenter Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think SEO is dying, in fact I think it will become a staple of business activity. Some companies will not want to "do SEO' inhouse, just like some companies outsource accounting, marketing, web designers and other common activities needed to do business.

Having said that, we all need to evolve as the marketplace evolves. If our clients wants and needs change, we will need to change to meet their needs.

Commenter, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  6. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's dying, but it's getting tough to rank websites because of the increase in number of competitors.

mixke, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  7. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    SEO is not dying though link building is, atleast the trivial one

poseidon, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  8. adammiller

adammiller Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as the Internet is around, SEO will stay alive. Infact, more companies are assessing their online marketing due to the financial troubles and moving more of their advertising budgets to online marketing- which keeps me in a job! :D

The industry will and has to change over time as the Internet develops further, but the industry will hold strong for a long time yet.

adammiller, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  9. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It will never die, it will evolve. As long as there is an internet, there will be a desire to advertise on it, no matter what that may be or how much it might change in even 20, 30, 40 years from now.

Pixelrage, Nov 12, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  10. Lazy Slacker

Lazy Slacker Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO dying? I don't think so. SEO consultants will be thriving for some time.

Lazy Slacker, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  11. tajo

tajo Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the tricks so many people use now will become pointless, but I don't think Internet marketing will disappear, if anything I really believe it will get stronger. A lot of the people who currently 'do' SEO will end up going out of business because they actually don't understand marketing.

tajo, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  12. suganindia

suganindia Peon

Best Answers:
    its getting tougher ! we must find new techniques to find our way out

suganindia, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  13. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I think companies do need to make sure that SEO isn't done strictly in a mechanical way. It needs to be nicely integrated with the marketing, PR, and sales departments so everybody is headed in the same direction. Otherwise you get your company website drawing traffic for keywords, products, or ideas that you might not want your company to be associated with. I think the "wall" between SEO staff and the rest of marketing, product development, and so forth will come down and companies will ideally make sure that everybody a) understands what SEO is and b) is giving input and receiving input to and from their SEO people. That way everyone is working in the same direction for the same goal instead of at cross purposes. Most of the companies I know who have SEO staff in house lock the poor guys alone in the "geek" room and don't have much communication with them or understanding about what they do and how it's all about information architecture and controlling public perception around a brand - which is also the core operating principle of the marketing and PR departments.

Dan

dangregory, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  14. tastysites

tastysites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, hey, my, my .....
    SEO will never die .....

I do think SEO is (d)evolving from a bunch of "tricks" utilized over the last few years and getting back to the core of providing excellent content, well-tagged so it can be found logically by search engines and indexed.

But the SEO role will not be gone anytime soon. Someone, either inside or outside of an organization, does need to understand the value, importance and strategy of search engine structure to enable their business to grow.

~tasty

tastysites, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  15. pluto1

pluto1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think SEO is not dying, but SEO techniques would soon become outdated. When people come up with work arounds about something, the evaluator updates itself too. For example, with paid blogging and reviews, people are getting more backlinks and rank high. But then google keeps updating its algorithms too to counter those efforts. Google and other search engines have to be one step ahead of all the techniques that people come up with to trick the SE for better rankings.

So, yeah, SEO professionals will have to upgrade themselves as Google improves its algorithms and infrastructure. They won't be out of job, but in order to stay in job, they will have to work hard as well.

pluto1, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  16. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO isn't dying. My company continues to pull in major SEO clients but they are not just looking for SEO they are looking for a whole social media and online publicity package and we include the SEO in it for an affordable monthly rate. I think SEO will be around it may just get smaller and not all companies will thrive, every industry changes and it comes down to who keeps adapting and they will take all the business.

primeelite, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  17. xander1083

xander1083 Banned

Best Answers:
    all i can say is seo will not die as long as search engines are the one that gives quality result in the internet. as long as there is marketing there is seo.

xander1083, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  18. shaila

shaila Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that SEO dying and it's continue to improve in the years to come. New techniques and new strategies that make website visible to the internet and guaranteed good results with good revenue.

shaila, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  19. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    sales/marketing people are busy selling. they dont have time to SEO company's site and neither it is within their scope of employment. same goes for development team. they are developers, not SEO professionals. no company can expect to get their employees trained with the same level of skill set that SEO professioanls possess from their 10, 15 or more years of experience.

every profession has its own unique trade and professioanls in that trade are best at what they do. if i hire a carpenter to make me a door and show him the damaged pipe in my basement, will he be able to fix it or will i need a plumber also to do the plumbing job?

sultanofseo, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  20. mawcluster

mawcluster Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO can't die as long as there are search engines. There will always be ways/techniques to improve your rankings.

The only thing that will die are outdated techniques that have become obsolete by adjusted algorithms.

Obviously the best way to prevent a site from becoming a victim of obsolete techniques is to employ methods that will always be viewed positively by the search engines...namely writing quality fresh content.

mawcluster, Nov 12, 2008 IP