1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submitting links to phpLD directories time waster.

Discussion in 'Directories' started by SGBoise, Nov 12, 2008.

I'm in my second day submitting my sites to directories and majority, not all, directories running phpLD would not let me submit my site.

• Some could not validate my reciprocal link even though it's on my web site. So I would have to submit just for a free link.
    • Some would just refresh the page without even any message on why the link wasn't submitting.

I did follow the requirements. If you run phpLD please make sure you can accept free links and reciprocal links.

You could be losing valuable listings such my web sites.:D

SGBoise, Nov 12, 2008 IP
    an0n likes this.
  2. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use a better directory list and save yourself a lot of headaches. This forum has a search option and you can search for "directory list" which will bring up many different list providers.

snowbird, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  3. amenda

amenda Banned

Best Answers:
    Most of the directories shall be working, and some will be actually have problems. Just submit to those good ones.

amenda, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  4. romioaa

romioaa Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you can pay for listing, there are many cheap programs on the internet and you won't have those problems, you can use those kind of programs.

romioaa, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  5. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its often a template problem if you don't see the success message. As for reciprocal links, I wouldn't waste your time.

mikey1090, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  6. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you can, report a problem at a directory to the owner, they may be completely unaware of the problems that submitters are coming up against.

pipes, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  7. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    zexy, Nov 13, 2008 IP
    swedal likes this.
  8. zalak

zalak Peon

Best Answers:
    All directory owners do understand the client value but at the same time if they have promoted and got PR they wont accept free or reciprocal most of them charge only 1 usd or gbp thats nothing to be listed on some highly ranked directory..any way its depend upon you but my guidance is there are lots of free and paid directories just categorize and start submission....All the Best

zalak, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  9. SEOBOT

SEOBOT Banned

Best Answers:
    Its not like that ppl have a great misunderstand, as mikey1090 said ppl who hold directories dont have finished template then problem occurs during submitting the link ...

SEOBOT, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  10. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    I use http://info.vilesilencer.com/top. I also saw other sites referring to this and looks pretty good. I did think about contacting the admin but I couldn't find any information on how to contact them.

I did try using a simple text without any special characters into the link title and description and that worked on one of the directories I was having problems with.

SGBoise, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  11. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Manual submission takes too much much time .
    Some recipt link even requires homepage recipt links .
    I always pay someone to do the directory submission for me although I know some of them use auto submission or semi-auto submission .

justinlorder, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  12. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason why I am doing it manually is to create my SEO system. Once I am done I can have it outsourced and I will know the work is done properly. If they follow my system anyway.:D

SGBoise, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  13. itliberty

itliberty Peon

Best Answers:
    I just launched a phpLD and I can say that depending on the template they choose, I found 3 bugs which i forwarded to the template owner with no reply. So managing it is a bit of work, but (as I say in my solicitation) it depends on the dedication of the people behind the directory in making it a success.

I dont think you have much choice in human edited when you are using phpLD. I found that if you submit multiple links, you can use the same reciprocating link for all of the submissions. Maybe a didnt see a setting, but I have been working for a month to launch this so I doubt it.

One thing I do like is that the code is easy to manipulate so from that perspective a good web developer has a lot of control.

Take care

itliberty, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  14. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed that also. I just used one link for all 3 of my sites since it let me. I'm not sure if it will hurt my approval chances.

There were some sites that had an unique id in the recip link. I'm sure there must be a mod for phpLD you can look into.

SGBoise, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  15. Shellerz

Shellerz Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience directory link exchanges can be a waste of time anyway. there are so many out there they seem to have little value. I'd rather spend my time and money sourcing quality one way links

Shellerz, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  16. roentarre

roentarre Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been submitting a lot of directories but nothing seems to work at all.

roentarre, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  17. mywebsearches

mywebsearches Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's a waste of time submitting to phpld directories, I think you just need to choose a better list of directories. I do think that a reciprocal link is just a waste of my time and I prefer to give you a free listing and get my own backlinks somewhere else. One more thing, if you use I paid submission service, make sure you ask them for a minimum approval rate.

mywebsearches, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  18. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    I really didn't mean that all phpLD directories are a waste of time. In general submitting a single a link to a directories can take anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes. When you have a directory that doesn't display a message on why they won't accept your link then it adds more time just trying to change you text until it gets accepted.

Luckily for me 3 of my sites go into the same category so I just have to hit the back button and fill out new the information.

Also these directories were pr2 and pr3 directories so it's not like some noob just starting out.

SGBoise, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  19. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    2-5 minutes is too much. What are you doing? :D
    It takes me less than 20 secs. to submit to the right category and enter captcha.

zexy, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  20. Mrmedia

Mrmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO the best free directory lists are Vmoptions.com, addurl.nu & directorycritic.com. Try those sites out.

Mrmedia, Nov 19, 2008 IP