1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fake Stores Fronts for AS Site?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by TommyD, Jun 7, 2006.

I wonder if anyone has seen this trend, I've found two today.

Sites claiming to be stores about products, the one I just saw as a fishing store. You click around, add stuff to your shopping cart, and no check out. I mean there is a button, but takes you back to the front page.

The site is decorated with items in a catalog, but imho, looks like a MFA site.

Is this a new trend, mod on a scrapper site, broken amazon affiliate, or am I slow to notice trends? :p

Also, anyone here know a 'friend' that has sites like this?

Example: total-store.info

I saw one earlier about diamonds. Nice catalog site, but you couldn't actually buy anything.

tom

TommyD, Jun 7, 2006 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Those have been around forever. They give ecommerce a bad name. Spammers are everywhere in every type of site you can imagine.

The more common thing, is a store where the person can actually check out (and enter in CC information) but a product never gets shipped. Its just a way to get CC info (wonderful). I get tons of calls every week from people just wanting to make sure that a human is actually at the other end of the website still.

lorien1973, Jun 7, 2006 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  3. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, I too noticed "BAD" sites, but thought they were poorly designed sites. Not actual working valid business models to get clicks.

Anyone know someone using these techniques to get click money, does it work?

Just asking. ;)

TommyD, Jun 7, 2006 IP