1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Merchant accounts/credit card processing services

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by dinarpw, Jun 5, 2006.

Hi,

I'm looking for a good and reliable merchant account/credit card processing services to put on a site. I'm currently looking into www.dynamicps.com and www.2checkout.com.

Which of those two would you recommend? Or if any of you have a better suggestion, what would you use?

Thanks.

Dinar.

dinarpw, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  2. sezerb

sezerb Guest

Best Answers:
    Paypal is another viable alternative

sezerb, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  3. johngalt192

johngalt192 Guest

Best Answers:
    I've had good success with 2checkout in the past. I found them to be easier to work with (from a technical standpoint) than PayPal. As far as 3rd party providers go, 2checkout is pretty good.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with dynamicps. Are they even a 3rd party provider?

If you have the sales volume, and the technical resources, I'd suggest going with a merchant account and payment gateway. There are monthly fees involved, but the per transaction fees are MUCH less than a 3rd party provider. And it's just much more professional as well to have integrated payments. If you're interested in that, I can recommend some options for that. There are many choices available.

johngalt192, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  4. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is the business based in the US? If not then using 2checkout, paypal, or another 3rd party processor is the least expensive, and easiest way to go. You would also have the option of using an offshore merchant account, or by going to a local bank. Both of these options will require a substantial setup fee. If US based, I would recommend using a 3rd party processor until the monthly volume reaches about $1000. After that a traditional merchant would be more professional and a better match for the business.

jestep, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  5. Braddd

Braddd Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go with both 2checkout.com and PayPal. Both are very affordable alternatives to regular mechant accounts.

2checkout.com has excellent fraud prevention.

Braddd, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  6. caliguy80

caliguy80 Guest

Best Answers:
    From your two choices, 2CO might be a prety good choice. A friend uses them from time to time and he is happy with their processing.

caliguy80, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  7. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for all your replies! It think I'll go for 2checkout.

dinarpw, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  8. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd look into the rates before you decide:

1.9% - 2.9% + $0.30 USD per transaction depending on monthly volume for PayPal.

5.5% and $0.45 per transaction with 2checkout

That's a big difference. PayPal's shopping cart is definitely cheaper, and I can tell you from experience that it's very easy to use and their customer service if you're a merchant is terrific. We currently use them as our shopping cart and it works very well. I am, however, interested to see what happens when GBUY (Google's version) is available. Hopefully their rates will be a little less.

Ian

Ian, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  9. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    registerfly is laso offeering......

letsjoy, Jun 15, 2006 IP