1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Obama A Natural Born Citizen?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Oct 22, 2008.

1. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm going to start selling tin foil hats. If I offer them in 6 different colors, how much do you think I could charge?

kaethy, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  2. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    So, I see. No answer. Or rather, to hell with the Supreme Court's thoughts on the matter, the answer is what Bogart wants.

Bogart, I'm sorry. But as you've been one of 2 members leading the charge in calling the President-Elect literally an Islamic terrorist plant set to overthrow the U.S. on taking the presidency, I'd prefer to rely on the Supreme Court's rules of procedure in dealing with this whackjob's spurious "complaint."

northpointaiki, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  3. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing to be sorry about.

It's more than reasonable to inspect the original 'vault version' of Obama's birth certificate to determine whether he is a 'natural born' citizen.

If the Supreme Court doesn't want to look at this, it will be easy to file 50 lawsuits in 50 States.

There will be another election in 2012 ;)

bogart, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  4. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes - god knows we aren't enough of a worthlessly litigious society now. Does this mean the following, from the 2004 GOP platform will be, uh, kind of hidden away?

I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning, It smells like....victory.

And god knows elections should be about stuff like this - frivolous lawsuits, hoax e-mails virally spreading to name a standing nominee an Islamic terrorist Manchurian candidate, and all the rest.

Best thing possible for the Republic, the above. Not like there are real problems to solve. Totally with you.:rolleyes:

5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Reviewing Obama's eligibility for President is far from frivolous lawsuit.

Berg has asked the court to:

Order Barack Obama to prove his citizenship status and immediately turn over (1) a certified copy of his "vault" birth certificate, (2) certified copies of all reissued and sealed birth certificates in the names of Barack Hussein Obama, Barry Soetoro, Barry Obama, Barack Dunham and Barry Dunham, (3) a certified copy of his Oath of Allegiance taken upon age of majority, (4) any and all college admission forms, and (5) any and all documentation changing Obama's name from "Barry Soetoro" to "Barack Obama."

"Listen," Berg said, "if he has the documents, produce them already!"

bogart, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, Berg has asked us to "Listen!" He should have added, "because I'm a lunatic asshole, and I need help!"

Yes, it is a frivolous lawsuit, Bogart, as with the dozens of other non-issues. You've spent 2 years trying to convince others that Obama is an Islamicist terrorist plant, and apparently you'll spend the next 4 years of your time following this non-issue as well. If you want to spend your time this way, entirely your choice. Best of luck.

I'd say you have an up-market trend, kaethy....

7. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pres candidates are often asked for documentation of some kind... tax returns, medical reports etc. The only thing that enforces such requests is generally public opinion, and relaying that is a function of the media. Had the media insisted during the primaries (or with-held their adulation) there might have been a chance of him having provided documentation, but at this point it isnt happening.

There is *some* question or he'd have simply produced 'em during the campaign to avoid fuss just as candidates generally release tax and medical info every election season. Most likely scenario is that even if his birth docs are good he probably claimed foreign citizenship to gain funding for college... otherwise there's no reason Mr Wizard would with-hold his college records. His college transcript was a huge part of his credentials. God knows it got mentioned in here by his fans on a regular basis.

Anyone wants to call that a tinfoil theory can knock themself out, but it's kinda hard to refute any part of it.

robjones, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Not really. Moonbats refute reality on a daily basis. Its just what they do. Without that, what would they do?

Mia, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, lots of words, but not really. The "court of public opinion" slightly tends to be trumped by the Supreme Court's own rules, in determining how the Court handles the millions of bullshit claims like this yearly. Nice try, though, fellas. Hope it keeps you busy for another 4 years. :rolleyes:

10. isolvum

isolvum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He may not be a natural born citizen but he is going to be the President here very, very shortly. There's no debating that.

isolvum, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  11. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, if that is proven to be true... that presidency would be toast. He better hope nobody digs up irrefutable proof on that score.

12. damian.hoffman

damian.hoffman Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm fairly confident that if irrefutable proof existed, it would have been found and trumpeted by either Clinton during the primaries or McCain during the presidential campaign.

damian.hoffman, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  13. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't you tend to think, though, that if that evidence existed, it would have come to light by now?
    I mean, the Republicans would love to have that evidence. Almost 50% of the country is Republican, so there's no shortage of volunteers to bring the information forth, nor the money, nor other resources. They had two years to "bring it" and failed to do so. So, time was not an issue.

So, either, the Republican party is completely inept and their inability to provide proof that exists is a really good indication of how incompetent they really are, or evidence of Obama not being a natural born citizen hasn't been produced because it doesn't exist, since he is a natural born citizen.

Crazy_Zap, Nov 11, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  14. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd go with the Republicans being "inept"... but as I said it's entirely possible that his birth records are in order and the thing he's hiding is that he used a claim of being a non-citizen for purposes of college funding. Those records have been witheld by the university... which seems odd if they were clean.

That wouldnt make him ineligible if that were the case... but it wouldnt do loads for his credibility if it turns out he defrauded the government to get college funding. If anyone has a better theory as to why the admission records are suddenly a state secret I'm all ears.

15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

I could see something like this, but wouldn't his exercising of the one drop rule entitle him to "minority" status? Or is there some larger advantage in having a foreign status?

Mia, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  16. damian.hoffman

damian.hoffman Peon

Best Answers:
    Admission records and transcripts are not public information. Universities will not release that information to just anyone. Absent Obama's consent or a court order, they can't release that information. It doesn't make it a state secret, they are just following legal privacy guidelines.

17. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Medical records are private too, and they are released by candidates in response to questions on a pretty regular basis, not because a law requires it, but to avoid the appearance of hiding something. Politicians have been asked to disclose medical records, tax records, military records, and generally they do so to quell questions. Bot so for "The One".

In this case the opposition could easily be made to appear as tin-hat theorists... an odd chance to pass up, unless there's something in those records he's afraid of.

18. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    HUH? WTF is that? Citizens don't have to do this. Even if they do, (and they don't), then what would you expect to be produced, a standard transcript all people would read or a video of Obama taking this imaginary oath???

You do know you're just making this up as you go along, right?

kaethy, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  19. damian.hoffman

damian.hoffman Peon

Best Answers:
    It's true that this information is often released, but it is by no means required. It's also not uncommon for certain records *not* to be released. Kerry didn't release his college grades until after his failed presidential bid, and even then it was by way of his Navy record, not his college transcripts.

I'm trying to view this suspicion objectively. However the complaints I've seen seem to be baseless. It is comprised almost entirely of internet rumors, supposition, and a belief that Obama has an obligation to accede to these petty demands.

As a natural born citizen myself, I would be offended if someone asked me to supply the vault copy of my BC, admission records, etc. just to prove to them that I was, actually, a natural born citizen. I certainly would not waste my time getting this information just to appease those that demand it. As a man that's about to inherit a country going through some of it's worst troubles in recent memory...well, let's just say I would rather have him working on solutions than getting a vault copy of his BC.

20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

When you get a drivers license, let us know how offended you got. Take some pictures.

Never got a Passport? Gonna need it there too. (ALSO)

Nothing offensive about providing proof of citizenship. Hell, I'm proud to do so myself. I've never been one to apologize for being an American.

Mia, Nov 11, 2008 IP