1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where can I earn money doing articles?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by RadulescuRobert, Nov 8, 2008.

Hi

I feel I am good at writing English articles about products and researched items. I write articles for my website - http://www.gamerhome.co.uk/ and want to find work online that might pay around £5-10 per article, as my English and grammar i feel is good especially the detail I put in.

Where can you suggest I work online doing this?

RadulescuRobert, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  2. RonSilver

RonSilver Member

Best Answers:
    why not first try freelance sites, lots of people are looking for such services.

RonSilver, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i notice that you have some skill in writing.
    I would suggest you to search for some job at guru.com or DP.
    At content section,there are a lot of people searching for content writer

mentos, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  4. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How long would the £5-10 articles be? I'll take a guess and say 500 words. At the current exchange rate, that's around $8-15. If the articles are 500 words, then this would mean around 2c per word, which is definately reachable here on DP. Check out the Content Creation section the the B/S/T area and you should be able to find some suitable jobs.

kiteguy123, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  5. lloydjay21

lloydjay21 Banned

Best Answers:
    Try peopleperhour.com

Regards

lloydjay21, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  6. cashmachine101

cashmachine101 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a few good blog sites that pay for posts. Also, Associated Content is a good place to earn money from your articles.

cashmachine101, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  7. michaelgrisso

michaelgrisso Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hey Robert,

If you are looking for strictly a per article pay where money is given to you right after purchase then the B/S/T here at the content section is a good start. However, even though I can't post there yet I've viewed what others are doing. It seems many people are selling articles for .01 or less a word. If you feel strongly about your writing then be patient.

I can suggest a few for you since I freelance and ghostwrite full time. If you want to write an article then put it up for sale at your price then Daily Article is ideal for you.

If you want a site to offer you upfront pay then cashmachine101 has a good choice for Associated Content. One thing I will tell you about though is they won't pay for repetitive content upfront. So find something there isn't a lot of articles on over there and in the beginning it will range anywhere from $3-$5. Isn't much, but you do earn performance payments each month based on page views.

If you want to try your hand a professional style site then check out Demand Studios. Keep in mind when you fill out an application it can take up to two months to be accepted or rejected. However, when you get accepted they have specific titles at $15 a piece. In addition there are smaller amounts and more will come as they grow.

If that is a bit much then head over to their sister site eHow. Everything is How To articles so you'll have to follow their format. These are not paid upfront, but instead based on page views. I only wrote 10 articles for them before joining Demand Studios. The page views alone garner about $35 a month just off 10 articles. Associated Content I have over 180 and that only brings in about $50 a month. Granted a lot of those articles in the beginning weren't optimized for the search engines, but still.

Others that I haven't mentioned you might be interested in is Helium (page views) that also has a marketplace to write articles and if any are accepted they can range from about $20-$200. Constant Contact is just like Daily Article, but the organization over there is a little weak.

Then of course if you want to bid on jobs you can sign up for Elance, Ifreelance, and a bunch of others just by google searching "freelance writing sites" with quotes around it.

Hope this helps. It should keep you busy for awhile, lol.

Cheers~

michaelgrisso, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  8. Kontent.solutions

Kontent.solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Great informative post. + repped you

/G

Kontent.solutions, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  9. RadulescuRobert

RadulescuRobert Peon

Best Answers:
    yes thanks Micheal for that information im going to try it out.

RadulescuRobert, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  10. Duratec

Duratec Banned

Best Answers:
    Try searching for freelancing websites and look for jobs there. I should warn you though not to join any sites that require upfront fees. Posting a work reference would help as well! I wish you good luck!

Duratec, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  11. michaelgrisso

michaelgrisso Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    anytime. I imagine the only problem you may run into living in Romania is that some of them will only pay to U.S. residence. Just want to give you the heads up before you find a let down or two along the way.

michaelgrisso, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  12. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest the content section of the buy/sell/trade forum within DigitalPoint.

Gallito, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  13. RadulescuRobert

RadulescuRobert Peon

Best Answers:
    I have posted my service details in the content section. But I haven't yet received any offers.

RadulescuRobert, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  14. stmiki

stmiki Peon

Best Answers:
    You can check my signature if you want, chances are you have already been there

stmiki, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  15. iBill951

iBill951 Peon

Best Answers:
    For a newcomer who can't even post in all the forums, this was an excellent source of info. I'm sure you will be a great contributor to the forums in the future. (and yes I repped you also)

iBill951, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  16. iBill951

iBill951 Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you list some of the "freelance sites" ?

iBill951, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  17. snarke

snarke Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also suggest that you keep actively participating in the forum--not just advertising and answering ads for jobs. The better paying clients don't bother advertising, they'll just contact you directly because they like your contribution to a conversation. Trust me, it happens!

snarke, Nov 12, 2008 IP