1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The REAL secrets to make money online are

Discussion in 'General Business' started by adigital, Nov 9, 2008.

The following points are proven many times by many successful people.
    If you want to make money on the internet here are the secrets of what you got to have & do:

• You got to have strong desire to succeed.
    • Have passion on what you are offering - both free and paid. This can be content, any digital product, and any other physical product.
    • Have the right information of proven tactics of a business model, follow them and stick with them.
    • Do not give up too early. Give enough time on your online business such as for 6 months to a year. The first months are always the hardest.
    • Make countless mistakes. Yes you need to FAIL in order to SUCCEED. Trial and Error will help you find out what works and what doesn’t.
    • Be in a market that spends money.
    • Be in a market that has problems – big or small, usual or unusual.
    • Always learn and improve your knowledge about internet marketing and your niche.
    • Make positive thoughts. By just saying “Well he just got lucky on his business. I am not” or “He knows more than me. I am an idiot” you will never have positive thoughts. Everyone got skills for something but we never find them out until we start searching. Everyone was a newbie someday.
    • Set Targets. For example short term might be “I want to make $100 with Adense every month so I can get paid” and a long term “I want to make $20,000 next year with my X website by following X steps e.t.c. With this money I will reinvest 50% in business and with the other money I will buy my favorite X…”
    • Set small daily goals. For example tomorrow I have to finish the X product review and the next day I have to write the articles about X.
    • Set deadlines. The website has to be ready until the following Monday! You have to get things done. I will not do anything else until I have the website ready and uploaded.
    • Work on 1 thing each time. Multitasking is one of the best ways to loose time.
    • Spend money. In order to make money you have to pay for different products and services such as for hosting, domain, advertising, information, designing e.t.c.
    • • Know the basics of internet and computers such as how to download, how to install software, how to use any kind of tools.
    • Start today! If you wait until you know all the secrets of the world to start your first website then you will never start since there are unlimited of information you can learn everyday.

Feel free to add, delete or change any of the key point above and make your own suggestions.

adigital, Nov 9, 2008 IP
    snowbird and Brian123 like this.
  2. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please add this one to the top of your list as a requirement for the rest:

-You need to be educated, go learn in college, and then come back!

wounded1987, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  3. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you "NEED" to go to college? I disagree. Education alone will not make you successful. Look around you, millions of people have gone to college to get educated and millions are far from being successful.

Lets use Henry Ford as an example (think & grow rich) He had no education but knew how to manage people - the people who had the required education (knowledge) to build/engineer automobiles that made him filthy rich. Ford had no college education. There are many stories of very successful individuals who made it with little or no education. Don't get me wrong, education won't hinder your success, but it's not "Needed" in order for you to become successful.

Activeweb, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It only depend on how you define successful.
    Do you consider successful if you earn $1 million/month?
    For me yeah education is crucial for anyone coz education paid the best interest in the world.
    And i feel that i'm successful although i only earn $200/day from online forex trading

mentos, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  5. killswitch911

killswitch911 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice point. :)

killswitch911, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  6. carfinance

carfinance Peon

Best Answers:
    It only depend on how present and define successful.

carfinance, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  7. RonSilver

RonSilver Member

Best Answers:
    The words "Education" and "educated" have very broad meanings, and education doesn't mean a person will be "educated", and educated won't mean that that person went to college for education.:rolleyes: hmmmm, will have to write a paper on this topic.

RonSilver, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  8. kakil

kakil Peon

Best Answers:
    Sir Richard Branson, the founder of the Virgin Companies, and the founder of Kinkos are not college educated. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both dropped out of college and both Along with a long list of others are billionaires. There are also untold numbers of multi-millionaires that don't have college education. College education is not a pre-requisite for success.

College education will give you a better opportunity to earn more money, working on a "JOB" during the course of your life, than non-college educated individuals. That is a fact, but it isn't necessary for success in business or life.

kakil, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  9. Duratec

Duratec Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree education is crucial - If you aim to work for TOP companies that require diplomas /degrees or anything that has to do with college education. Otherwise, it all boils down to your desire and wits. I have a friend who's an accounting graduate who makes half of what most people here earn. She's hardworking and bookish but she cannot go over her boundaries. What do you guys think?

Duratec, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  10. kakil

kakil Peon

Best Answers:
    Many things will determine how much money you will make and how successful you will be. A lot of kids coming out high school don't understand that you need to take the time to determine what kind of life you want to have.

What I mean by that is that you must determine what is your ultimate goal in life. What will make you happy? Is it making a lot of money? Is it working at a particular job? Is it freedom to do whatever you want, etc...

If it is making a lot of money doing a "JOB" then you need to research degrees, jobs, companies, and industries that pay well. Use this research plus your interest, desire, and ability to select the appropriate degree.

For instance if you are interested in the health industry, but want to make a lot of money right away you may opt to become a Pharmacist instead of becoming a nurse. Why? Pharmacist make over $100,000 a year coming out of school. A nurse on the other hand makes $50,000 - 60,000 a year right out of school. So for 1 - 2 years more of schooling the Pharmacy graduate will make 100% more than the nurse over a life time.

Also coming out of school you shouldn't take a job specifically for the money, but for the opportunity to learn and grow. If you have a plan in place you can pick your employment based on your needs and not based on an employer's needs.

I'd advise your friend to take control of her life and decide what she wants, create a plan to achieve it, and get to work. She can use the skills from her current job to catapult her into better employment. For example their are lots of people who take non-paying internships just to get their foot in the door. A lot of these people are able to use those skills to eventually become top level management in their industry of choice.

Gauher Chaudry, the creator of the Pay Per Click Formula course, worked as an accountant. He used his accounting skills to help develop the strategies that make him a successful PPC marketer. He created a plan and executed that plan. He didn't quit his day job until his income was so great that he could comfortably afford to quit.

Another example is Dean Kamen, inventor of the Segway human transporter, he decided what he wanted to do with his life before going to college. When he got to college he took all of the classes that he thought would be necessary to make him a good engineer. He researched professors and took classes from the best ones at the university. When he decided that he had learned all he needed to know he "Dropped Out" of college and created his own engineering firm. That company has invented some remarkable stuff for the world.

I think the thing that most people need to know is this:

"Successful People don't play by the rules... They make up their own rules so they can WIN the game"

kakil, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  11. adigital

adigital Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok lets say that success = making more money than the average Joe & in the same time be able to spend enough time with your family.
    If you must work 18 hours a day to achieve this then I do not think that someone would be successful.

Education is just a tool that you can use to gain success. If you use it will be easier to build your success. If you just have all that knowledge and do not take action to implement your ideas and knowledge you will be unsuccessful.

@Activeweb & @kakil
    Thanks for sharing your examples.

adigital, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  12. Frankenfine

Frankenfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I thinks #s 6, 7 and 8 are really important. There will always be exceptions to these, such as Alex the pixel page kid.

Back in '93 when the net starter getting popular, I was 23, and I sat down with pad/pen and phonebook and starter calling computer service companies and wormed my way to speaking with programmers. I asked them basic questions such as what problems do they need solutions to, etc. I learned A LOT by just reaching out and not being afraid of sounding like a shmoo - eventually I didn't :D and was able to discover real problems (read: opportunities). Then I realized I could goto college and learn computer science and become an entrepreneur.

Frankenfine, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  13. Demavend

Demavend Active Member

Best Answers:
    You dont need anybody to show you what you gonna do to earn money. At some point when you learning and trying you will start to make your own routines. These routines are the goldmine here. You have to do the same things day after day. Work hard on them and make more and more of these routines. So what i ment by routines? These are the real basics. You are doing them already if you have normal fulltime job. And exactly the same things that works in real world, works on the internet too.

1# Learn and choose work that best suit you.(marketing,webdesign,programming)
    2# Perfect that work, try new things, be creative.
    3# Make a routines, make them every day at the same time.
    4# When you do this, you will be successful.

The real secret is REPEATING work that result in money. The problem is 99% of people repeating work that result in loosing money.

To Your Success

Demavend, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  14. Li Weng

Li Weng Peon

Best Answers:
    Real secret is "Never Give Up".

Li Weng, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  15. AnonymousUser

AnonymousUser Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont agree with this. You cant just say, get educated, Educated in what? If you choose to sell digital products and gain money by commisions, what does it matter that you got your A levels in sports science at college?

It doesnt.

I bet their are some high earners out there who didnt even goto school or college, but spent their time on forums such as this and educated themselves

AnonymousUser, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  16. Burano

Burano Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, but these examples are mere 'you can do it too' hype for the average citizen. These 3 individuals also happen to be geniuses. They are NOT just smart guys who stuck to their guns..they are certifiable visionaries.

Dream all you want. But when it comes to deciding if you need a college education or not...first be very, very honest with yourself. Of course, everyone wants to feel special and smart. Everyone wants to feel capable of doing anything they set their mind to...but be honest with yourself about whether you are as smart as these guys. OK, maybe you are...but also keep in mind that the reality is Steve Jobs and Bill Gates made connections in college that helped them embark on their goals to begin with.

You can have the greatest idea in the world, but nothing will happen if you have no one to know about it.

Burano, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  17. Demavend

Demavend Active Member

Best Answers:

In fact everybody in the world have the greatest ideas every second. The only thing that makes these ideas happen is hardwork. You just get up at the morning every day and start to work on your idea. Repeat this every day and like magic everything you will need to succeed with your idea will come to you. You will meet the right people at the right time.

Trust me this can take a lot of time but i know what im saying.

To your success

Demavend, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  18. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    which means drop or never attend college will make u millionaire by ratio ???

SonnyCooL, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  19. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    college is for sheep and cattle being led to the slaughter

The only thing that makes money is Knowing how to Market PERIOD!! AND second TRAIN OTHERS TO MARKET!! END OF LIST

ErikJ, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  20. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh and I got another tip,

Don't fall for get rich quick scams, you would have a better chance of making money playing poker online! lol

tjsocr22, Nov 21, 2008 IP