1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Get 15,000 Visitors From StumbleUpon In 1 Month

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by amosgoh, Nov 1, 2008.

1. hidayah

hidayah Guest

Best Answers:
    3) Avoid stumbling every single post

There is a huge difference of having your post stumbled 1-2 times a week compared to 5-6 times. You get more traffic when your blog articles are stumbled less frequently. If you don't believe me on this, you can try it out yourself as well.

Please if you have any additional information.

hidayah, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  2. AutoGlobalZOne

AutoGlobalZOne Member

Best Answers:
    Nice info sharing..

PS: How many average visitors u have now?

AutoGlobalZOne, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  3. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:

I am averaging about 400 daily visitors for this period of 2 months. Hoping to do better for the 3rd month. Do give me feedbacks that you may have on my blog

amosgoh, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  4. baagish

baagish Peon

Best Answers:
    Great to get traffic through stubleupon but its not the relevent traffic and conversion rate low. You can also get similar traffic from digging your articles.

baagish, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  5. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    I always lack information in Digg. Tried using Digg but never ever get to the front page. Anyone with any experiences to share regarding this?

amosgoh, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  6. joetech

joetech Peon

Best Answers:
    SU rocks - the way to do it is to have a SU network - first build a network and then use it to stumble your own nice articles.

:)

joetech, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  7. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely you have to try. I used to be like you as well until I discovered this technique. Build your own network of friends and apply the techniques. It will guarantee you an increase in your traffic for sure.

amosgoh, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  8. Talkofthatown

Talkofthatown Peon

Best Answers:
    i messed up with su i stumbled every new post i made after i installed the toolbar now i cannot stumble my own site any more lol
    But i will apply what you said worked for you and see the results

Talkofthatown, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  9. pctutorialsonline

pctutorialsonline Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's a lot of visitors from one source. Thanks for sharing the information, going to try and put it to use.

pctutorialsonline, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  10. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Conversion rate is pretty low, but 15K visitors is something.. to pe proud off..how much time have you been spending on stumble? I bet you didn`t get that traffic from 5-6 submissions alone. :D

evelinawilliams007, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  11. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't actually spend alot of time on StumbleUpon. What I did was build up my circle of friends as time passes and requesting them to help. I submitted 10 articles to achieve that amount of traffic. So averaging around 1.5k visitors per article. Not too bad actually.

Yes like what I have mention earlier on, even a 1% conversion on 15k traffic is worth a try too isn't it? You never really know if it converts well for you until you try it.

amosgoh, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  12. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a doubt. My site is totally new with NO visitors. And I am new in SU also. So, if I create my own circle of friends and ask them to SU my site, how far will it be useful? Won't look like kinda spammy if I Su a site which is not at all receiving traffic from other source?

And one general doubt regarding SU. How does it treat the sites that are stumbled by new SU members? The same like all other familiar stumblers?

icpathi, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  13. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    It wouldn't looks spammy icpathi. I started my blog using purely traffic from SU initially and I was pretty successful with it. Probably you would want to visit my blog and read more on social media marketing. Even Problogger blog is recommending to grow new blog using SU. I guess that is enough credibility isn't it?

Yes. That is one good thing I like about SU. It doesn't take you a lot of time to find friends in SU who could work for mutual benefits. SU relies on number of stumble to make a submitted article popular.

amosgoh, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  14. Charisse V

Charisse V Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like Stumble Upon as well. I've had new sites get stumbled and boom- instant traffic explosion! Now that's what I'm talking about! :)

Charisse

Charisse V, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  15. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Great to hear that you good experiences with SU as well. How about the conversion into your regular readers? Any stats on this?

amosgoh, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  16. Charisse V

Best Answers:
    Most of my Stumble Upon goes to my websites, not blogs. I have Bravenet and get 10 domains and then I have blogs, lots of blogs :) My blog readership isn't really built from Stumble Upon, I'd have to say that Digg has brought me significantly more traffic. But I have had several experiences with new websites that I haven't been marketing, that get stumbled then tons of traffic comes flowing in.

As for regular readers though, I don't think you can really look to anything but great content to keep them coming back. Always try to capture your readers the first time they hit your site, that's the way I look at it. Stumble Upon, Digg, and other social networks are great for what I refer to as "surge" traffic. You put something out there, it's really great, and it's like a hook drawing fish out of water. But to reel them in and keep them coming back, you need more. That's what your content and your newsletter are for. :)

17. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I have been waiting for. Quality content is the key to conversion. Participating in social media is like what you said, trying to hook up fishes that are swimming in the vast sea.

Why fish in the small pond when you have a larger quantity of fishes in the sea. And that is the purpose of participating in SU and the rest of social media - to get new visitors to look at your blog.

amosgoh, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  18. Charisse V

Best Answers:
    Exactly!

It all comes down to capturing your visitors' information. Whether you use a pop up, sign up here form, or have a newsletter form- you have to get your visitors coming back. Even bloggers/website owners who might be starting slowly and don't have lots of traffic coming in on a daily basis can become prosperous with a loyal (but small) following. Trust is also an important issue, and social networks are basically stating that your site is trustworthy. Kind of like, "I've been there, checked it out, and it's good- you should go too!" Social networking is awesome as it takes out the obscurity of your site. Word of mouth is always (and I believe, will always be) the best form of marketing, and that's really all that social networks are- word of mouth advertising in digital form.

icpathi likes this.
  19. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a BIG set of contacts in my yahoo id. (Not salesletter list. But I have contacts upto 3000+)

ALL of them (by telling all, I mean at least 90% of them) are interested in making money from adsense and website. So, If I invite all them and at least share stumbling links with 100 of them for a website that never received traffic, how will stumbleupon handle it? Will it doubt my site since a site with NO traffic suddenly receiving 20's or 30's of reviews?

Just posted a comment in your blog too.
    Sorry, I ask too many questions. :D

icpathi, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  20. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    No, there is no problem doing this. I did this as well for a start. What I see is just traffic floods from SU.

No problem icpathi. It makes me understand more on the topic. Twitter is not a social bookmarking site but it is one of the many social media. Social bookmarking sites are like SU and Digg.

Your idea of creating new stumble accounts are pretty new to me. Not really sure if it works. But again, you can try but don't get caught. SU might have a system to track this. Let me know if this works. Pretty blackhat kind of technique actually.

amosgoh, Nov 9, 2008 IP