1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to move up the ranks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by spiky1471, Nov 7, 2008.

Ok well the key words im after are:
    Floor Paint
    Industrial Floor Paint

site is only a few weeks old so i no the age of domain can be a problem
    i was 3rd/4th page for industrial floor paint
    and around 14th i think for floor paint

now i have only just started link building a couple days ago - bought 250
    PR3 -PR 6 Directory submissions aswell, so hoping that helps.
    I will be continuing to link build getting related link etc

Now other than backlinks What else helps move up the ranks - im kinda a newbie to this.
    Other sites ive done i havent relied on Search Engine Traffic and havent needed it.

spiky1471, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  2. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't waste money buying directory submissions, the actual pages you get will be unranked or PR0 despite the homepage PR of that directory.

I would write articles and submit them to directories, and use various social bookmarking networks to grab up some free links. Also try commenting on blogs, you might want to check out the ebook I just wrote as well.

Good luck ;)

Gallito, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  3. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Gallito is correct. Directory submissions are probably the worst way to build links. Not only are the inner pages usually unranked, you share the page with lots of other links, which is not helping either. I would focus on buying links from related websites, not directories. A few good PR links will improve your rankings a lot more than 250 directory submissions. Also, as Gallito said, submit your content to social bookmarking websites. Its a great way to increase traffic.

r3dt@rget, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  4. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you ever thought in proper on page optimization instead of "you need more links"???

The biggest number of competitors appears for "floor paint"; it's only 2.8 million!
    You can acheive the number one spot without a lot of link building if you know what you do.

monfis, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  5. Jura

Jura Peon

Best Answers:
    The best tip is probably 'the elbow grease' meaning that you cannot just go the easy way (buy links) and gain excellent rankings.

Like they say, don't build links - earn them. Make your site noteworthy, worth linking to and links will come. Directories are well known for being devalued by search engines, loosing page rank all the time and producing zero traffic as well as passing zero 'link juice'.

Jura, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  6. spiky1471

spiky1471 Peon

Best Answers:
    yh but thats the problem - i dont know what im doing lol
    thus the reason im asking for best ways to move up ranks

and yea im ganna be putting in some hard work to try and get somewhere

7. ca4nul

ca4nul Active Member

Best Answers:
    do social bookmarking , press release

ca4nul, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  8. J M D

J M D Banned

Best Answers:
    social bookmarking and press release is good but also you can submitted articles different-articles website and get some signature link high valuable forums...

J M D, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  9. addlinkurl

addlinkurl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    lots of links bad but sharing the page with 5-10 sites is very good.

addlinkurl, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  10. joetech

joetech Peon

Best Answers:
    well for starters you have a very poor on-site optimization - how do you expect to rank for anything for such a poor site optimization.

forget link building and read on site optimization. you can have all the paid links and yet with the currect site you will have tough time ranking.

for starters your title tags are the same for all the pages, no sitemap, intenal linking is bare minimum.

anchor text for internal linking is very poor.

are you a local buisness or an online business? you will not rank for floor paints in devon if it is not there in the title tags.

try all the above and your ranking will improve.

joetech, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  11. spiky1471

spiky1471 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok thanks for this, probably hire someone to sort this later
    and as for the devon thing

i googled floor paint devon and was last link on the first page ;) for my map page

12. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    First, don't ever write in a Forum Blog, etc that you " bought 250 PR3 -PR 6 Directory submissions aswell, so hoping that helps." This will get you penalized for "Buying Links". If Google doesn't find out, then your competitors will inform (rat you out) to Google.

Second, you have upto 4 Sig Links with DP, use them to link to the 4 most important pages in your site. And make sure that the Sig's anchor text is SEOed to match the SEOed titles of the 4 pages.

Although the SEO much better than some have stated, may I suggest that you run a Top 10 competitor report on "Floor Paint" and "Industral Floor Paint"" attached. They might point out areas that might help you get to No1.

Finally, since you are supplying products to a "Local" area, may I suggest that you look at Google's Meta Tags Recommendations and target "South Brent, Devon" area.

Or maybe something like:

<title>Floor Paint: Devon Industral Floor Paint and Supplies - E. Purdy Industrial Floor Paint Supplies, South Brent, Devon</title>

<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="At E. Purdy, we are one of the leading Devon suppliers of Industrial Floor Paint, selling top quality Floor Paint and Supplies at low discounted prices." />

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="Industral Floor Paint and Supplies,South Brent, Devon, Purdy" />​

Hope this helps...

catanich, Nov 7, 2008 IP
    spiky1471 likes this.
  13. gordon08

gordon08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of directory submissions, try buying on established websites that have high pageranks.

gordon08, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  14. rambojustrambo

rambojustrambo Banned

Best Answers:
    try and get links on related websites with a high PR. this helps alot.

also, try and get a press release sorted. alot of news sites will spider it and you'll get a few good links from it, more traffic, etc. and its all free! =]

rambojustrambo, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  15. joetech

joetech Peon

Best Answers:
    That shows the level of competition for that particular keyword in Devon and also that it would be relatively easy to get a good ranking in serp's if your on page optimization was spot on!

use all 4 of ur sig. links!

joetech, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  16. joetech

joetech Peon

Best Answers:
    As I write this Catanich has given an excellent title, description and keywords for you to use in his edited post.

many seo's charge upto 200 £ for just suggesting these changes - so consider this as a gift from him.

joetech, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  17. pmore

pmore Guest

Best Answers:
    Catanich - great advice there. Would you be so kind as to give similar analysis of my site. I'm not certain which keywords to go for although if you look I'm sure you will gather which ones I decided on. It's plrflip dot com . Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

pmore, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  18. spiky1471

spiky1471 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks alot
    this advice really is helpful

appretiated rep added

19. JustinHart

JustinHart Guest

Best Answers:
    I've heard that participating it PPP (payperpost) and similar sites increases pagerank, but im not sure if google "punishes" these types of inward links.

JustinHart, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  20. nfd2005

nfd2005 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah Google punishes PPP and paid links.

nfd2005, Nov 7, 2008 IP