1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Well Done America

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by lanmonkey, Nov 5, 2008.

1. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Rob can you link to some or even one of these conservative outlets? Maybe I need to get worked into a frenzy. Is this good for weightloss? If it is I better stay away I am too thin already.

debunked, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Check your bookmarks. :p

Crazy_Rob, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You need to read it with a mind clear of the bias and inaccuracies that have been rammed down your throat for 2 years now.

Believe me, I hope I am wrong.

If you are the voice of the media, then I guess you do. If you are the voice of reason, then it is debatable.

See below.
    I don't find anything humorous about it unfortunately.

I'm not sticking up for you.

Apparently not since you keep posting without using it.

No, you have not.

Let's just say I grow tired of repeating myself. I've already clarified this in several other threads in P/R. I'd suggest using the search feature in the future.

You cannot find it, because you are blinded by two years of Barry telling you that his plan punishes those nasty rich people at the top, only.

I figured I would cite a source that pretty much spells it out for you.

http://www.american.com/archive/2008/august-08-08/the-folly-of-obama2019s-tax-plan

Admittedly according to this interpretation of his tax plan the increase is to 39% not 45% as I had previously indicated. A rate increase non the less, and hardly a tax cut.

[​IMG]

My own interpretation still appears to indicate that the marginal rate increase on those in the lower middle class income brackets not only increases, but does so at a rate that is higher than those in that $250k/yr income bracket that he ran on. Or was it, $200k/yr, or $150k/yr, or $120k/yr?

I guess this remains to be seen. Hopefully we do not revert back to the Clinton years of tax people out of their retirement. I took a 50% pay cut just to stay employed back then. It sucked.

What I really fear is that Barry Hussein will make his tax plans retroactive like Clinton did, thus fucking a lot of us to the hilt, especially those of us that have sold off things in order to escape higher capital gains increases which Barry Hussein also wants to usher in.

Like I said kid, be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  4. debunked

Best Answers:
    I thought you were being serious earlier, sorry for missing the jokes.

And in case you weren't sure - I have no news sources bookmarked.

I do look at cnn.com - is that the conservative one? I sometimes look at foxnews.com but their stock market numbers are delayed and they have too much stuff on the current pop stars as their main news these days. If it isn't brittany spears or the rich blonde, it is this new guy obama or his girlfriend palin?? I just don't care about these pop stars.

debunked, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I look at CNN.COM pretty much exclusively. Foxnews.com sucks, the format and content organization. CNN has a nice layout, pertinent (though skewed) news at the top, a big stock ticker, (except when Barry got elected - guess they did not want people to see the huge drop).

I like the polls they have on CNN too. Always skewed, but fun to take.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  6. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not asking you to tell me a joke. I'm asking you to actually read it and stop beating around the bush.

So far, you've given no evidence that you've read it or even intend to.

No. I can't find it because it's not in there. You've obviously conceded that point. ;)

Here's the actual Analysis that the article "extracted" its data from-

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/411693_CandidateTaxPlans.pdf

We get it, you watch Fox News.

Direct from the article you posted-

These are the marginal rates in 2009 for a two-earner couple with two children—a college freshman and a 12-year-old receiving after-school care—under some specific assumptions. For comparison, the dotted line on the chart illustrates the effective tax rates under current law. The rates shown in the chart are not spelled out in the tax code; they are the result of giving and taking away tax breaks as the household’s income changes.

With that in mind, check out pages 35 and 36 of the PDF I posted. Here's an excerpt from that article:

Measured against current law in 2009, Senator Obama’s plan raises after-tax incomes by more than 5.5 percent for those in the bottom quintile and also provides more modest increases for those in the next three quintiles (figure 1). The top quintile would experience an average tax increase because of the hikes in the tax rates on capital gains and dividends and the increases in the top two individual income tax rates. The increase in taxes would be dramatic for those at the very top of the income scale, representing 8.7 percent of after-tax income for the top 1 percent of households and 11.5 percent of income for the richest 1 in 1,000.

In contrast, the McCain plan would provide virtually no benefit to households in the bottom quintile, and very modest benefits to those in the next three quintiles. The top quintile would receive a tax cut of more than 3 percent of after-tax income. Within the top quintile, the richest 1 percent of households would receive an average tax cut of 3.4 percent. That figure rises to almost 4.4 percent for the top 0.1 percent of the income distribution.

The difference in the distributional effects of the two plans is just as stark when measured against current law in 2012 (figure 2).

Please examine both figures (1 and 2) for yourself.

Assuming the study is legitimate and as non-partisan as possible, then we can extract as a whole that the lower four quintiles would see an increase in after-tax income under Obama's plan. The article you posted assumes, again, "a two-earner couple with two children—a college freshman and a 12-year-old receiving after-school care" to illustrate the difference. Although this might refer to a lot of people, it's certainly not representative of the collective. Perhaps it represents you.

Thanks for the link.

scottmweaver, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Enjoy paying more taxes.

And, again if you would have actually read my previous posts in this thread, including the one that you posted after I spend my time looking at CNN.Com. Not watching that there Fox News as you and others always seem to use as your last ditch effort at making a point.

Ifn' ya can't make your point, and don't have a original thought of your own, just whip out the Fox News Card.

Classic.

Yawn.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  8. youngboy222

youngboy222 Banned

Best Answers:
    I am glad and surprised with the outcome of the election. Good bless america. This could be a very good or a very bad election for the US.

youngboy222, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  9. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not read the article. I'm glad that you have. So are you saying that Obama's claim that he will only raise taxes on those making over $250.000 is not correct?

Before you answer, please understand that I am not argueing with you. I just want to make sure that I understand you.

jkjazz, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  10. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I think my point was quite clear -- crystal for most.

Your trump card failed because you bluffed knowing the truth and I called you on it.

That being said, I enjoy debates, so thank you.

Yes.

I'm not one to take a politician at his word, by far. I'm just saying -- after having read the tax plan (and now the analysis conducted by the Tax Policy Center), I was pretty sure it didn't make any specific mention to increase taxes for anyone under that $250k mark.

Will some families earning under $250k get tax increases? Yes, but (according to the aforementioned analysis) this is due to sunsets (expiring tax breaks) and controls for inflation combined with each candidate's policy.

In terms of taxes as a whole, according to the aforementioned analysis, Obama's plan wins across the board in terms of increasing after-tax income for the bottom four quintiles. McCain's benefits people more the more they earn.

My immediate thought on this was that it would encourage people to make more money as it's a great incentive (the more you earn the more you keep), but at the same time, how effective of a mental carrot is this? I'm guessing, it's not great, especially short term.

No worries.

11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about?

There is obviously no getting through to you.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  12. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, it's called amicability (good will).

You conceded the point by not responding to it, so I'm saying "good game, let's move on." :)

13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You've not made any point. You've just closed your indefensible position by pulling out the Fox News Card.

That one does not work on me. I don't watch Fox News.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  14. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're going to debate, you have to answer to each point I make or you concede it.

You can't just pick one thing I said and claim that's all I said. It's all up there in plain text, so no one's fooled.

Sure, I say some things in sarcasm but for you to ignore everything else and focus on that is deceitful. I doubt anyone's buying it.

Crazy_Rob likes this.
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The best advice you give...

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  16. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    I have served 3 combat tours overseas.........and, I'd do another to ensure my friends and family and countrymen were protected from the evils that I saw over there....

I voted with 75% of our military, according to a recent poll....

....McCain.....

Although I will serve, as a soldier, with Obama as my Commander-in-Chief, it doesn't mean that I have to be comfortable with it.....

x3xsolxdierx3x, Nov 6, 2008 IP
    Mia, Crazy_Rob and debunked like this.
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Thank your service. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.

Sure, we all do not have to be comfortable with him, but can still do so while maintaining respect for the office itself. He'll not be making the bulk of the decisions anyway. I am fairly confident that his advisors will recognize the need to continue down the right path regard to protecting the US, and insuring that the Middle East and other foreign interests of democracy are preserved where necessary.

If he lets the generals run the war, we'll be fine.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  18. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Right on. I've got family over there right now. We owe you much.

Agreed, but what's the reasoning behind the discomfort (if you don't mind me asking)?

19. debunked

Best Answers:
    Foxnews and guys like Rush Limbaugh would go out of business if the liberals stopped watching/listening.

debunked, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    How right you are. Seems to me the people that watch and listen to those guys are liberals more often than not.

You know how I get my daily does of that there Fox News? I watch Olbermann and listen to him rant for an hour about that there Fox News. Hell even the far left news media seems to watch that there Fox News.

I've never figured out what this fetish with that there Fox News is.

Bizarre.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP