1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It is believed that Obama becoming president is not good for India?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mirisaamali, Nov 5, 2008.

Hi

I have been hearing all across that if Obama gets elected as president, it would not be good for India? is this true?

if it is yes or no, give your explanation in detail. Lets try to understand from different aspects.

If you ask me personally, as far as jobs are concerned, it may be threat. apart from that there are lot of issues that Obama doesn't like which Bush did. So in one way it can be good for India too.

mirisaamali, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  2. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, when America's economy collapses - it will be a threat to India since we're all interconnected.

ncz_nate, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  3. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    the most important is, will obama good for us?
    than, will obama good for the world?

i do not really care if obama good for india or not.

if this about outsourcing thing, if in india is cheaper that in the us, then why not outsourcing, unless they found out that outsourcing in india is more expensive than doing it in local.

bfebrian, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  4. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Republicans are more supportive of free trade.

It will be left to be seen if the Democrats look to curb the outsourcing of white collar jobs.

bogart, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  5. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yeah, that's what we need to watch and see if Obama thinks the same way.

6. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    Free trade cannot be touched, that's best for both the countries, or rather every country. If Democrats mingle and put hurdle in it, then they are insane. It is free trade that would get revenues in higher percentages to any country, especially America.

bogart likes this.
  7. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    yeah, kind of. But amazing thing with Indian economy , or rather stock market is that we are still at a 100% high when compared to 2004, from when the economy rose.

well, lets watch how India manages with falling US economy.

8. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    actually i got piss off when people here in indonesia cheer him up like he is our local hero.
    what the f***

he stayed here in indonesia just for several years when he was a child, so what?
    he step sister (that half indonesian) can't even remember to speak our local language.
    do obama will care about indonesia? NO!

i know many foreigners that live for dozens of years in indonesia and they don't care about what happen in indonesia. whay they think that obama will different?

people here in indonesia expect to much that obama somehow will change the relationship between us and indonesia, i don't think so specially now when the us in financial crisis.

bfebrian, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  9. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    well that's what is the problem with people, they just go by the wave. Its so easy to brain wash public with simply anything!

10. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    Obama can and will provide jobs without pulling-out BPO from India, China, Philippines, and Mexico... Most Americans don't want to do baby-sitting jobs these countries are doing anyway... :D

Viktor Drej, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  11. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    Yeah one thing has to be agreed, majority of americans prefer not to work hard in terms of labor and rather prefer a laid back attitude. There are just minor percentage who run the show.

In india, China etc, Every Labor works day in and day out, over time etc.

but honestly, this is not a good habit.

mirisaamali, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  12. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    It is believed by who? I don't see any relation between Obama being elected and any bad outcomes for India. From what I see, USA is in for a severe recession, whoever elected, jobs that are outsourced to India may be gone as companies tightened their belts, no difference if Obama or McCain is elected.

wisdomtool, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  13. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I feel Obama will curb outsourcing, and new job creation in India will slowdown considerably. It could be difficult to find new jobs now. But the older jobs would have to stay. A ton of work gets done in India, for a fraction of the cost.

gauharjk, Nov 6, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  14. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    When the economy is bad, outsourcing will automatically be curb by firms, I doubt Obama would be the cause of it.

wisdomtool, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  15. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think he mentioned somewhere zero tax benefits for cos that outsource (not in mccain policy)

Both congress and president will be democratic soon ... means signing of CTBT ..... more pressure on India to sign the deal.

gsv13, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  16. contentedge

contentedge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't it the other way around? When the economy is bad, companies will usually look for a way to run their business by spending as little as possible. And outsourcing is a perfect way to cut down your costs.

If at all the companies in the US decide to stop outsourcing jobs to India, they will do so only if Obama decides to levy a lot of taxes on companies that outsource jobs to third world countries. But I don't think he, or any other president for that matter, will do that.

contentedge, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  17. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think Obama's win will make any difference to India because companies will keep outsourcing as India has a huge highly qualified engineer/scientist base and compratively cheaper as far as wages are concerned.

Also, another strength of India, unlike China, is that it has very big domestic consumption market and not as export-driven hence it is one of the reasons why it was well-insulated from the currrent global financial meltdown. If anything, American and European companies will likely send more jobs there because they can't afford to pay the higher wages in US and Europe. China will also beneft from this.

qwestcommunications, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  18. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    affirmative to that. But the promises made by Obama, he will have to live up to it.

19. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    now obama is thinking about their people lives, system collapsed cause was not obama, india have to wait several years to get outsourcing from USA, but obama cant determine this matter cause company dont like to give jobs with big salary, then company will migrate from America.

leandar, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  20. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    They are already doing. look HP, they are closing all of their major operations in US and opening everything in India. Only sales would be there in usa.