1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my Website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by swedal, Nov 5, 2008.

It has been quite a while since I requested a review of my site, but I do appreciate feedback.

Please take a look at Authority Directory. I would appreciate an honest review.

In appreciation for you taking time to provide me with feedback I will offer you coupon codes for submissions if you're interested.

Save $5 off the regular annual review option with code – dpsavings – first 75 submissions

Save $15 off the featured annual review option with code – dpsavings – first 40 submissions

swedal, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  2. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    The overall layout and design is good the directory has a nice look and
    feel to it but when I looked at the sub-pages the links listed on the
    sub-pages is a little too close it makes the pages look a bit crowded, I think
    it would look better if you added more negative space between the
    links in the sub-pages.

kingofsanda, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  3. cherry30

cherry30 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the clean look but if you click on a category, I find the light brown color for the description too light. It is hard to read. Maybe you can make it a little darker.

cherry30, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  4. MobileFun4U

MobileFun4U Guest

Best Answers:
    the category lists look a bit plain, and the light grey text is kinda hard to read against the light background.

MobileFun4U, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  5. Amxfan

Amxfan Peon

Best Answers:
    the first couple of times I tried to hit the site I received

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/s/w/e/swedal/html/index.php on line 394

I have to agree with kingofsanda but I have to add that running 1024 X 768 I should have an scroll bar but this is minor also to be honest for a PR 0 directory I think your prices are a little on the high side.

Amxfan, Nov 5, 2008 IP
    swedal likes this.
  6. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    kingofanda - cherry30 - mobilefun4u - thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking a look and I will take into consideration your thoughts.

amxfan - Sounds like your browser is hanging as the site is loading fine. Also since you're new you probably don't realize that there is more to a quality site than page rank.... If it were all about page rank then the top sites in search engine results would all be page rank 10 right. ;) you also probably don't realize that you can't trust what the google toolbar tells you. If you want to know the real page rank for a site take a url and 301 redirect it to a site and wait for the next export. The redirect will take on the true pr of the site it points to. Then you will see just how that toolbar misrepresents the page rank and cannot be trusted.

swedal, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  7. Amxfan

Amxfan Peon

Best Answers:
    did not mean to hit a nerve.

and to let you know I do not trust the Tool bar but yes when it comes to directories the people mostly using them are people who want to get backlinks so yes PR plays a part in that. Also I have not had an issue till I loaded your site. If it is loading fine great but I thought I would let you know about the error just in case the issue reappears. Not once did I ever personally attack you or your site I just made a comment about your prices as I seen them. This is what you asked for.
    Well that is what you got

Really I hope your site does great, I really do but for now on I will make sure to reply "nice site"
    and move on.

Amxfan, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  8. leefazer

leefazer Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice Site, A lot of hard work has been done, Good Site! I like the color combination of website. Make the links impresseive by choosing diff. colors.

leefazer, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  9. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It looks good, you can call it done.

EvcRo, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  10. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you leffazer and EvcRo -

You mentioned color combination leffazer - do you find the font colors to be good in combination with the general site design?

swedal, Nov 7, 2008 IP