1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need to send a LOT of money from my US Paypal Account to Vietnam!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by timothius, Nov 3, 2008.

Hello everyone!

I'm in a bit of a predicament here. I need to send money on an ongoing basis to a friend that I have in Asia, specifically Vietnam, which Paypal does NOT allow money sent to. :(

I would like to do all the transactions ONLINE. Therefore I don't want to use Western Union or anything else that doesn't utilize my Paypal balance.

One service that worked somewhat was xoom.com. The thing with them is you have such small limits.

Another thing we're going to try here is Paypal > TrainexService.com > LibertyReserve.com. I'm hoping that works, but it may not.

Does anyone else know how to send money online to someone FROM a paypal account to someone in Vietnam?

Please let me know!!! :)

timothius, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  2. stmiki

stmiki Peon

Best Answers:
    Just withdraw your PayPal balance to your bank account and wire the cash, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to

stmiki, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  3. TheyDontCare

TheyDontCare Active Member

Best Answers:
    that's the best solution really:) and a legal one two as well as hassle free

TheyDontCare, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  4. timothius

timothius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea but.. here's the problem with that.

I have a USD Paypal account balance. I have a bank that has a different currency. Therefore I would have to convert the USD into my currency first and lose a lot of money doing it. Then I would have to convert it again to the vietnamese currency. I would lose a lot of money doing this.

Also, my bank doesn't allow for money transfers, so I would have to go to somewhere like Western Union or something, which the nearest station is over an hour away... and I need to do this every day of the week.

Any online methods anyone??

timothius, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  5. nesic1

nesic1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have moneybookers and need paypal if you want to trade contact me.
    Thanks, Marko

nesic1, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  6. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you use bank ATM cards in Vietnam with the Cirrus or Plus logo on the back?
    Open a bank account and get an ATM card(s). Send a card to your friend in Vietnam. He can use the ATM card at a bank machine to withdraw money. Only use swipe bank machines not ones where you insert the card. I used this method to regularly send money from Canada to Mexico.

tobycoke, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  7. airee90

airee90 Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah..paypal is secure, but i have been hearing a lot of complaints when paypal deals with large amounts of money at one time. I think your best bet is to link paypal with a bank account. National city is my favorite most reliable one. Once you do this, you can transfer the money into your bank account and go from there. This is the most reliable and safe method. Good luck

airee90, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  8. timothius

timothius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Still have the same problems unfortunately. I already have a bank account attached to my paypal account, but it's in a different currency. Also my bank doesn't do money transfers and I'd have to travel 3 hours in a day to get a money transfer done.

Also, I can't just send him preloaded cards, as he needs the money *much quicker than that.... any ONLINE ideas guys? :confused:

9. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is not a 'preloaded card'. Give him a bank card that accesses your bank account. Set up a separate bank account for this purpose.

tobycoke, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  10. timothius

timothius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Might work, but my main bank doesn't allow for out-of-branch transfers, so I would have still go into town everytime I wanted to pay him.

Please, just ONE online idea folks? :)

11. host102

host102 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you need it sent to a bank account in Vietnam or just online?

host102, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  12. timothius

timothius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just online, but it has be come from my US Paypal account.

13. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is that if you can only sign up for a US Paypal account if you are residing in the US and as far as I know, the currency in the US is the USD and the banks in the US all operate in that currency. I really don't see any reason why you cannot withdraw to your bank account without currency exchange, unless of course your paypal account is signed up with fake information.

I thought that all banks are international by nature and if they do not have an overseas branch, they would have partner banks which would represent that in the foreign currency. It is really strange that a US bank cannot deal internationally. Go sign up for another bank which does international transfers and trades in the local currency, ie US dollars.

eddy2099, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  14. timothius

timothius Active Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is it's a CDN Paypal account that deals exclusively in US dollars. Nothing is faked at all. The only problem is withdrawing the US dollars without having to convert them to CDN dollars. (a very big problem...)

That's the basic issue right there, and is the reason that I want a way to easily pay online from my paypal account.

15. Xcentric Media

Xcentric Media Peon

Best Answers:
    This is easy. Simply have your friend sign up for a 2checkout account and then have him "bill" you for services, as if you're a client. You pay the invoices via paypal, your friend gets his cash, and everyone is happy. Hell, they even allow their debit cards to be used in Vietnam from what I understand, so he will have several choices for withdrawing the funds.

Cheers!

Xcentric Media, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  16. timothius

timothius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info Xcentric! We'll have to look into that...

17. Mohamed_Mnafeg

Mohamed_Mnafeg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    signup for plimus.com it's free

Mohamed_Mnafeg, Nov 5, 2008 IP